Buying vinyl on Flipkart

tek

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience shopping on Flipkart for vinyl? It seems everytime I tried to buy something I liked it was out of stock!! Do they ever have anything there? :p

But today I was looking a bit deeper and stumbled upon some cool "imported" records, mostly 7" indie-rock 45 rpms. So I bit the bullet and ordered 4 of them, totalling around Rs 1500 with COD. It says expected delivery date of Oct 5th.

To be honest, I'm surprised they had this selection of 7"s.. some of them were from very small record labels based in small towns in the US. I hope this is not one of those "too good to be true" deals!

Any experiences on this site would be appreciate, both good and bad pls!

Thanks!
Tek

Hi Tek,

Bought a 16gb Kingston Drive from flipkart, thru COD option, did so on the 30th & delivery date was promised as 6th september, but it reached me on 2nd itself. Checked the packing & then signed + paid the delivery person of flipkart. Packing was super, all in all very professional dealing, will definitely buy from them in future. Thumbs Up from my end towards flipkart :)

hey denom, thanks for the reply.

Did they inform you before they were coming to deliver the item, or did they show up randomly?

Showed up randomly, though you can ask them to call you before coming over for delivery. This was my first purchase hence did not pay attention to doing so.
They also send emails to advise you of the tracking info & such.

Hi,
I have bought many things from Flipkart including few records,nice packing,fast delivery and best price.

Regards,
Sachin

I think there are plenty of satisfied and loyal customers of Flipkart. Their discounts are really enjoyable. So far their delivery and service is good.

I ordered many things e.g. audio CDs, books, mobile and lately Vinyl records. Recently, they increased their vinyl list. I have purchased few international labels also, besides EMI and Sony. Their prices are cheaper than the landed price if ordered from Elusive Disc etc. Very promising for vinyl lovers.

Don't know about vinyl but I have bought a ton of books from them (~50k worth in last one year). They are probably the only online sellers in India that I have dealt with who *get* customer service. They don't always keep the dates (esp for imported books) but have always kept me informed about delays.

Earlier they used to send using some third party courier (IIRC blue dart) service but these days they do the Bangalore deliveries themselves. They either send the tracking number or will send a mail/SMS that they will deliver using Flipkart delivery service.

Once when the I received was slightly damaged, they offered to replace it or give me a store credit.

They have been very prompt in responding to queries and I have never had to deal with a clueless customer service agent.

In fact, the head of customer service is a friend of my neighbor and my neighbor had offered to help in case I ran into any problems. I have never had to use his services :)

In short, highly recommended.

Great! Good to know, thanks guys! Will keep you posted on my order.

Just curious.. has anyone ordered any vinyl that says "Imported Edition" and arrives in 14-21 days? Do you have to pay any customs duties for imported vinyls? If this works, then no need to buy on international sites like insound.com or amazon.com

Great! Good to know, thanks guys! Will keep you posted on my order.

Just curious.. has anyone ordered any vinyl that says "Imported Edition" and arrives in 14-21 days? Do you have to pay any customs duties for imported vinyls? If this works, then no need to buy on international sites like insound.com or amazon.com

2 days ago I have ordered about 4 imported Vinyls with 14-21 days delivery time. Hope these will be delivered within time. Yes, if we get this service from Flipkart, the need for ordering from foreign online sites will be less. And there would be no customs duty to be paid, if you order from Flipkart.

I observed, there are many vinyl titles listed at Flipkart with price tag of only Rs.130/-. Has anybody ever ordered any of these titles?

Last edited:
i have ordered many things right from vinyls, books, cds and a lot more.
never got any reasons to complaint. they even give you the option of pre ordering something which has either not released or out of stock, which is great.
mostly their courier guys calls before coming and if you have opted for COD then he definitively calls before coming.
and to top it all they have amazing discounts.

I have a good experience with flipkart. You can add to stock alert in case any item is out of stock. You will be informed once the stock arrives.

Most importantly, it always has about 5-10% discounts. Same vinyl is selling at MRP on Rhythm House which is offered at Rs 100-150 lesser on Flipkart.

Hi all,

I ordered a "Brothers in Arms" vinyl on 6th Sep with delivery date 11 Sep. Today I got following msg:

QTE
Dear bhaskar roy,
Order Id : OD10905200385

Title : "Brothers In Arms - Music - Vinyl"

This notification is regarding the above mentioned order number and title. Unfortunately, we are unable to ful fill this order within the time frame mentioned at the time of ordering. There has been an unexpected delay as a result of which we require an additional 3-5days delay.

If there is any further update, we will write back to you. We sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Please write back if you have any questions or feel free to call us on 080-43526600.
UNQTE

Hope this is a one off incident.... BTW this is my first buy frm Flipkart.

Thanks & Brgds,

Bhaskar

Great experience in dealing with Flipkart. Best prices too. But their collection of music is limited at the moment. I feel that both Flipkart and Rhythm House should list their ' out of stock ' and ' in stock ' separately. It would make for a better surfing experience. Or perhaps there is no need for out of stock items to be listed. It merely bloats up the list and slow down interaction between the buyer and the seller. Online sites, and that includes Amazon, need to hire more people for entering all the relevant information about the music being sold. Every CD or Vinyl being sold should display the track listing, year of original release, recording label, mono/stereo and remastering history. While buying western classical music from Amazon I have to do most of the hard work myself. I spend a minimum of two to three hours googling for information about the CD's before placing an order. Sometimes I have even spent a few weeks in digging up the required information. I feel like Holmes or Poirot relentlessly chasing a murder suspect!

For imported books and music, delays happen, and to some extent they are understandable. Flipkart keeps you informed about the delays. But once I had ordered a 'hard to find' book. I was promised delivery within 10 days, but a month later I had still not received the book. I was kept informed but I finally cancelled the order. It was COD therefore no cash had changed hands. With Amazon making an entry into India next year, competition is going to hot up. Customers will probably get even better prices and service. But the older generation of book and music shops will find it hard to survive.

Flipkart packing and delivery is better than Amazon. I have received many CD's and box sets from Amazon with minor damage to jewel cases and boxes, probably caused by the local postman placing the parcel in the carrier of his bicycle. Can't blame him for the prehistoric conditions in which he works, but I feel Amazon should use bubble wrap inside the cardboard boxes and opt for a courier delivery. Sometimes I have reported the damage and received a one pound refund for every damaged CD or set. For a single CD a one pound refund is good enough. But for a 40 pound set you still get a one pound refund!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I ordered a "Brothers in Arms" vinyl on 6th Sep with delivery date 11 Sep. Today I got following msg:

QTE
Dear bhaskar roy,
Order Id : OD10905200385

Title : "Brothers In Arms - Music - Vinyl"

This notification is regarding the above mentioned order number and title. Unfortunately, we are unable to ful fill this order within the time frame mentioned at the time of ordering. There has been an unexpected delay as a result of which we require an additional 3-5days delay.

If there is any further update, we will write back to you. We sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Please write back if you have any questions or feel free to call us on 080-43526600.
UNQTE

Hope this is a one off incident.... BTW this is my first buy frm Flipkart.

Thanks & Brgds,

Bhaskar

I am used to that message for most of the records. But finally they delivered it or canceled order and refunded the money. Marasim was ordered in mid-Jun and delivered in late Aug.
No problem.

I am happy with Flipkart. Their prices, service and packing is better than Amazon. Their vinyl collection is at par with Amazon. I wish they had some more record labels in their catalogue.

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience shopping on Flipkart for vinyl? It seems everytime I tried to buy something I liked it was out of stock!! Do they ever have anything there? :p

But today I was looking a bit deeper and stumbled upon some cool "imported" records, mostly 7" indie-rock 45 rpms. So I bit the bullet and ordered 4 of them, totalling around Rs 1500 with COD. It says expected delivery date of Oct 5th.

To be honest, I'm surprised they had this selection of 7"s.. some of them were from very small record labels based in small towns in the US. I hope this is not one of those "too good to be true" deals!

Any experiences on this site would be appreciate, both good and bad pls!

Thanks!
Tek

They should be able to source those 45s from the US, for you. :)

They were able to source a somewhat rare Linda Ronstadt CD from the US, for me. I was told to expect it in 14 to 21 days, but got it in 9. :clapping:

Last edited:
Hey KDM

That's great! I hope they reach. I wonder if they charge any customs duty on vinyl.. hope not! :p

For the all inclusive price, buying imported stuff is only very slightly more expensive than buying it from a site like insound.. you save a TON on international shipping, so fingers crossed that this works!

Hey KDM

That's great! I hope they reach. I wonder if they charge any customs duty on vinyl.. hope not! :p

For the all inclusive price, buying imported stuff is only very slightly more expensive than buying it from a site like insound.. you save a TON on international shipping, so fingers crossed that this works!

It's a whole lot better than 20North in my opinion.

The CD that I ordered cost Rs. 1756/- and I did not have to pay anything more than that.

20North is charging: Product price & service charges: Rs. 1508 + Shipping & Duty: Rs. 898 = Rs. 2406

Needless to say 20North... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back