Cab build for university 312 diffaxial

sachu888

As some of you aware I have got these drivers, thread here http://www.hifivision.com/vintage-audio/57299-university-312-triaxial.html The cab work has started now. I have decided to build simple reflex cab suggested for similar 6201 driver:

The design

I have used 18 mm MDF. The cabs will be painted dark Brown with Duco paint:

The front baffle is directly mounted on the front frame from inside using wood screw. The drivers will be mounted from behind.The back side will be removable.

First coat of primer :

Ready to paint :

Regards
Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Whats the Update.... Please Upload some more Pics regarding the Process. Eagerly waiting for the Final Outcome.

Sadik

Hi Sachin,

Whats the Update.... Please Upload some more Pics regarding the Process. Eagerly waiting for the Final Outcome.

Sadik

Nothing much, Sanding is done. they will be painted on Saturday and Sunday. I will post more pics after painting.

Regards
Sachin

Great stuff Sachin, kindly share some details on how the wood panels on the enclosure are held in place together and details of the paint job, very curious to know.

Great stuff Sachin, kindly share some details on how the wood panels on the enclosure are held in place together and details of the paint job, very curious to know.

Hi Reuben,
The cabs are made of 18mm interior grade MDF. Front panel is mounted on front frame from inside(not removable). The back panel is mounted on frame type internal bracing, using wood screws from outside. I have kept back panel removable.
The paint is called Deco? at least carpenter told me so. I think its a Automotive grade paint.Its a long process for paint and different than oil paint. It needs a first coat of Deco primer and minimum 2 coats of special Putty, sanding between each coat. There should be minimum 2 coats of paint for final finish. There is also optional clear PU coat which I did not opt as it makes surface super shiny.
Deco paint can't be applied by hand not even primer. It needs a spray gun. Now the outer surface is as hard as Ceramic.

Regards
Sachin

Completed few days back. I have only lined them inside with thick cloth similar to car boot mat. I will add few more layers of Polyfill(Decron) or Glasswool as they sound little forward. Overall I am happy with SQ. It should further improve by proper damping.

Regards
Sachin

Looking Beautiful:clapping:...Is something wrong with the Camera Dates ... ?

Great going Sachin, looks awesome :clapping:

Just put them near the wall they will look like the perfect windows ;)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back