Can I get a brand new "hi-fi" amp for ~25k ?

So, it turns out that Yamaha increased the MRP of As500 from 32k to 36k recently.
That's not a small increase for a "discontinued" amp.

If it stays like this, I might have to shell out 31k for it while the Onkyo A9030 is available for 25k which is decent option.

Confused!!

So, I just bought myself a Yamaha AS 500 stereo amplifier...well, not quite.
I would only receive it by Tuesday....gotta wait.

So, I just bought myself a Yamaha AS 500 stereo amplifier...well, not quite.
I would only receive it by Tuesday....gotta wait.

Congratulations :clapping::clapping::clapping:

How much did you pay for A-S500?

Please post some pics and your initial feedback

Congratulations :clapping::clapping::clapping:

How much did you pay for A-S500?

Please post some pics and your initial feedback

Still don't have it :(
It's stuck in the Kerala Taxes checkpoint due to improper E-delclaration according to the dealer. They would only let it go after getting all the paperwork done which might take some time.
And in the meantime, I going to Karnataka again for one more week, from this Sunday onwards.
That means, I would only get the amp by the Christmas week..

Got the AS 500 amp today after postponing my trip to tomorrow.

First impressions with my setup is not great. The diy lm3886 amp I got from bibin3210 was much more fun and "in your face". While listening, I kind of felt like somebody put a "flanger" effect on the output, it was kind of weird. Something about the sound was changing continously.
Never heard this kind of awkward "effect" before.
Also, the bass and treble is low. Mid is ok.

But yeah, there are a lot of details compared to the lm3886. It's the only plus I'm feeling right now.

The general take is that if you wish lossless reproduction of music you need to go for a dedicated / integrated amplifier, a high quality CD player and good set of speakers. For some, this option may not be feasible. Would then, getting a good AVR and a DAC with a set of good speakers do an equally good job? Or is the premise itself rather incorrect?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back