Can I get a brand new "hi-fi" amp for ~25k ?

BTW, should I get a sine wave UPS for the amp ?

An APC Home UPS (850VA) would do, right ?
You had a bad experience. So I understand. I had a similar experience importing my B&W because of ridiculous packing but I am not shy of importing again.
Man, I hate these cargo companies..they are ************* :mad:

I was the warranty in-charge in a big Maruti Suzuki showroom and these guys always got me tearing my hair out every month!! ******:mad:

What I'm worried about are 2. the shipping :sad:

Am Much Worried about this Shipping. I would send the loaders to Hell if i get a chance, How much ever we pay they just pay with the pacels and hearts

Recently My TT got some damage to the Dust cover :(:(, Though it was no hefty.

But if you are in Cochin\Mumbai\Chennai the risk of cheating and shipping could be avoided as most ads reaches from these locations only

So, it seems like there is no decent amps in my price range which means there is no reason for this thread to live further :indifferent14:

I'll be updating this thread when I have enough cash to get a good quality amp.
Am Much Worried about this Shipping. I would send the loaders to Hell if i get a chance, How much ever we pay they just pay with the pacels and hearts

Recently My TT got some damage to the Dust cover :(:(, Though it was no hefty.

But if you are in Cochin\Mumbai\Chennai the risk of cheating and shipping could be avoided as most ads reaches from these locations only
Copy that !

BTW, what about Onkyo integrated amps ?

I do not know why nobody has suggested Onkyo, but try the Onkyo A-9030 once. If your room is not that big, the A-9030 can break glasses if paired with proper speakers. If you like bass, throw in a budget sub and you won't be disappointed.

I auditioned both the Yamaha S-500 and the Onkyo A-9030.

I bought the brand new factory sealed A-9030 for Rs 24,000. It is not the best one but for the price, it is very good value for money.

Serves the purpose well for my 10 x 12 feet room. :clapping:

i_main.jpg

And I would suggest please stay away from Sonodyne. :)

hi marx

Here is a link to caution you about amplifiers today.....

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

if you want a good bang value for your money...go for any of these brands for an integrated amp.....

Marantz / Cambridge Audio / NAD.

HiFi Mart has some decent models of Cambridge Audio amps for sale....you may get these models cheaper and these are indeed true audiophile quality amps that output power at 8 ohms across all frequencies (20hz - 20khz)

There are tons of reviews and videos available from users across the globe on the internet who can vouch for performances of Marantz / Cambridge Audio / NAD....

All the best

Hope this helps....

Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 Amplifier

Cambridge Audio Azur 351A Integrated Amplifier

hi marx

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

if you want a good bang value for your money...go for any of these brands for an integrated amp.....

HiFi Mart has some decent models of Cambridge Audio amps for sale....you may get these models cheaper and these are indeed true audiophile quality amps that output power at 8 ohms across all frequencies (20hz - 20khz)

There are tons of reviews and videos available from users across the globe on the internet who can vouch for performances of Marantz / Cambridge Audio / NAD....

All the best

Hope this helps....

Same article.....haven't you read any other A article??

By the way Marantz does not "lie" in ratings? What about your amp??

hi marx

All the best

Hope this helps....

I do not believe people actually would make "wattage" as a deciding factor while purchasing amps.

Honestly what is the point of that article?

You can very well consider Sonodyne integrated Amplifiers too (Sia 320) for around 20K i think from hifimart.com....

You may also consider Onkyo TX 8020 / TX 8030 stereo receivers as well...

Onkyo TX 8020 is a stereo receiver with digital inputs... If your PC has Digital out, you can consider them too...

Onkyo TX 8030 is a stereo receiver with traditional Analogue inputs....

8030 is around 30K mark.... Try negotiating & if you are lucky, you may end up buying with in your budget

hi marx

All the best

Hope this helps....

Hi efernand,
Pardom me if you feel my words offensive.
From what i have seen , your last few posts have more or less the same content irrespective of the thread topic. Could you pls avoid repetition of content as regular readers get irritated.
I dont think there is much to gain with post count here in this forum.
Regards,
Antony

Have you checked out price of Sonodyne? Surely that and Norge would be within your budget.
Am surprised no one has suggested these.

How about Valve Tube Amplifiers | Analog Audio Labs India | High-end Valve-tube amps made-in-India | A-LABS, DARED, Cayin, Line-Magnetic
I don't know why but I just can't make up my mind to get an Indian Amp:eek:
Thats why I didn't mentioned them.

You can also look for used marantz integrated amp..pM 8003..i can assure you...its working fine...and will do a very good packing...IMO...its a real VFM..if interested PM me

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/47337-marantz-integrated-amp-pm8003.html
&
u r most welcome for an audition & tour at my place(Mehsana in Gujarat)...
Thanks for the offer :)
But I just bought a new phone...out of cash for now.
Have to wait till May before making any purchases.

I do not know why nobody has suggested Onkyo, but try the Onkyo A-9030 once. If your room is not that big, the A-9030 can break glasses if paired with proper speakers. If you like bass, throw in a budget sub and you won't be disappointed.

I auditioned both the Yamaha S-500 and the Onkyo A-9030.

I bought the brand new factory sealed A-9030 for Rs 24,000. It is not the best one but for the price, it is very good value for money.

Serves the purpose well for my 10 x 12 feet room. :clapping:

i_main.jpg

And I would suggest please stay away from Sonodyne. :)
Yeah, I thought Onkyo had some great products. I'll surely check them out :)
hi marx

All the best

Hope this helps....

They are little bit out of my budget but...may be after two or three months ?

I do not believe people actually would make "wattage" as a deciding factor while purchasing amps.

Honestly what is the point of that article?
I do lol :D

You can very well consider Sonodyne integrated Amplifiers too (Sia 320) for around 20K i think from hifimart.com....

You may also consider Onkyo TX 8020 / TX 8030 stereo receivers as well...

Onkyo TX 8020 is a stereo receiver with digital inputs... If your PC has Digital out, you can consider them too...

Onkyo TX 8030 is a stereo receiver with traditional Analogue inputs....

8030 is around 30K mark.... Try negotiating & if you are lucky, you may end up buying with in your budget
I have a lot of time to do auditions and stuff coz I don't have any money left lol :D
Have to wait till May to get something.

Do you carry a watt measurer? LOL. :D

I guess not. None of us do either.

Infact,

Power ratings are a near meaningless way to compare the loudness potential of one receiver, amplifier, or HTIB against another.

What's up with watts: how much power do you need? | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

:)
I want it loud...not because I like it but my house is right next to an industrial estate and it can become very noisy. The worst are the crappy but loud stereos the migrant workers have with them, makes me mad :mad:
When I had the DIY 100WPC amp, I just crank up the volume and it all disappears...having a pair of 93db/W speakers also helps too :eek:hyeah:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back