Can I get a brand new "hi-fi" amp for ~25k ?

Dear All,

I think its upto HFV to decide whether my comments / suggestions are good or irritating. The key to a forum is to provide experience and views when something is requested for and I don't see how some members take things personally to loose their heads on reading something which is not intended for them....if they are more qualified or experienced, they should positively provide more options or suggestions rather than make the forum or post a tennis match....sad to know that some of these members are so qualified and educated to behave in an immature manner. It shows a sense of jealousy or insecurity.

I am sure that the HFV administrator / moderator is taking note of such members as there is a well documented forum rules link at the bottom of this page....this in India where everyone has the freedom of speech to express one's opinion but not to get PERSONAL or oppose someone's views.......

I will continue to provide my comments and suggestions where I feel it would help the member in need to take a valid decision...suggestions are provided and it is upto the member to follow it or ignore it.....

UPDATE:

1. The FM who was willing to sell his Yamaha A S500 amp in the other thread already sold his amp. Got his pm.

2. I didn't get the mobile I "bought" from Flipkart, they say they will refund my money this week. That means, I can raise around 25k by next month and around 31k by April 20th :)

Just buy a norge it is pretty decent sounding.

G0bble
I'm looking for a "bright" amp and how do they compare vs the A S500 ?

BTW, I tried to contact them earlier by phone and email but they didn't respond:sad:

UPDATE:

1. The FM who was willing to sell his Yamaha A S500 amp in the other thread already sold his amp. Got his pm.

2. I didn't get the mobile I "bought" from Flipkart, they say they will refund my money this week. That means, I can raise around 25k by next month and around 31k by April 20th :)

I am the one who bought the amp ;) sorry

As I have upgraded to AS500, I am gonna sell my year old NAD315 BEE which is in perfect condition, and has almost 2 years warranty left.With bill box and all accessories.It is one of the best entry level amp, kindly read reviews if interested.

I am the one who bought the amp ;) sorry

As I have upgraded to AS500, I am gonna sell my year old NAD315 BEE which is in perfect condition, and has almost 2 years warranty left.With bill box and all accessories.It is one of the best entry level amp, kindly read reviews if interested.

40W is too low for me :sad:

You wont need more than 1w or 2w ever to play loud. Provided your speaker load is not too heavy it will be fine.

G0bble

I'm certain a NAD would not help you with a bright and in-your-face presentation.

I have a 3-year old NAD 326BEE for sale (Kochi) but it would not suit that particular requirement of yours at all.

You wont need more than 1w or 2w ever to play loud. Provided your speaker load is not too heavy it will be fine.

G0bble

My speakers have 92 or 93 db sensitivity but the thing is that I want the music to be heard in my back and front yard and it should overcome the noise of the Industrial Estate right next to my place.

Dear All,

I think its upto HFV to decide whether my comments / suggestions are good or irritating. The key to a forum is to provide experience and views when something is requested for and I don't see how some members take things personally to loose their heads on reading something which is not intended for them....if they are more qualified or experienced, they should positively provide more options or suggestions rather than make the forum or post a tennis match....sad to know that some of these members are so qualified and educated to behave in an immature manner. It shows a sense of jealousy or insecurity.

I am sure that the HFV administrator / moderator is taking note of such members as there is a well documented forum rules link at the bottom of this page....this in India where everyone has the freedom of speech to express one's opinion but not to get PERSONAL or oppose someone's views.......

I will continue to provide my comments and suggestions where I feel it would help the member in need to take a valid decision...suggestions are provided and it is upto the member to follow it or ignore it.....

Hi Efernand,

I have raised it as a constructive suggestion rather than a negative thing.

Freedom of speech is Good, but do think in the perspective of a person who sees repetitive content in multiple threads.

Seeing the same link and similar content across your multiple posts, i was starting to think that your id is some kind of spam.

It is good to know that an actual person is out there reading and writing this.

Indecent responses and repetitive contents are both bad to general health of a forum. Both are to be avoided.

As you suggested, let the mod's decide what is good and what is bad.

Hope you will be taking my suggestion positively. Nothing more to add from my side.

Regards,
Antony

Which speaker you gonna pair ? I paired KEFQ300 and never went more than 30 percent of volume !

Mine is very sensitive but I have to overcome the noise from

1x Diesel power generator
1x Fuel Oil power generator (very very noisy)
1x orphanage with very loud children :p
xx migrant workers with their crappy stereos
xx noise from a nearby machine shop
and finally....1x mom :p

Last edited:

The ideal way would be to acoustically seal your room rather than installing a high wattage amplifier. Or you can buy a pair of good headphones.

Last edited:
Hi MarX

Would agree with shuv, Cambridge Audio are known for their superior audiophile build quality and performance for amplifiers and AVRs....there are sufficient reviews and videos over the net to support the same....

Alternatively, you can check out new ones at Hifi Mart or your local Home Theatre / Audio dealer if there is something that fits your budget....

The ideal way would be to acoustically seal your room rather than installing a high wattage amplifier. Or you can buy a pair of good headphones.

But, most of the time I would be at the front or backyard doing something. Thats why I need a loud amplifier :eek:

MarX - There is a CA550 up for sale in the classifieds. Give it some thought. The CA should have some higher frequency sparkle.

http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/50821-cambridge-audio-azur-550a-stereo-amplifier.html

Hi MarX

Would agree with shuv, Cambridge Audio are known for their superior audiophile build quality and performance for amplifiers and AVRs....there are sufficient reviews and videos over the net to support the same....

Alternatively, you can check out new ones at Hifi Mart or your local Home Theatre / Audio dealer if there is something that fits your budget....

Yes, it would be great if I can get that amp but there is also another amp up for sale, the Topping TP60 (for 14k). Heard that its a very good amp.

OT 1:
I don't have a smartphone at the moment and there is a SGS 3 for sale for 14k and I'm wondering which one to go for, amp or mobile phone :p
If you guys think CA Azur 550 for 18k is a good deal, please let me know :)

OT 2:
I have a xonar dx card and I think there is an option called Flex Bass which I think sets a digital crossover and send the low freq sounds to the LFE out of the card. If thats true, I can attach an active sub and it should work perfectly, right ?

xx noise from a nearby machine shop ;)

you can actually try of Limca book for records , for being one of noisiest room in India :eek:hyeah:

On the serious thought , you can go for noise proof windows(double glaze). With so much noise around, it could be difficult to focus on music even if you increase the volume.

xx noise from a nearby machine shop ;)

you can actually try of Limca book for records , for being one of noisiest room in India :eek:hyeah:

On the serious thought , you can go for noise proof windows(double glaze). With so much noise around, it could be difficult to focus on music even if you increase the volume.

The noises reach their max when the power fails ie., when they turn on the generators !
We are planning to add thick curtains for my house but apart from that, don't have any cash to do a serious soundproofing setup.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back