Can I get a brand new "hi-fi" amp for ~25k ?

marX

Hi :)

I'm in a difficult situation right now.
We are moving to our new house next month (~25th) and a good stereo setup is a must for me but the problem as always, is cash shortage. If I can get a good amp, I can hold off my other purchases and see if I can make it.

So, can I get a good performing (NEW) integrated amp with > 50W RMS power in that budget or I have to go for the used stuff ?

BTW, I can increase my budget further if it really worth it !

PS:
I have heard the Yamaha A S500...very good imo.
Is there any chance to get it under 30k ?

EDIT:
1. I like bright amps with in-your-face presentation :p
2. My source would be my PC (analog out from Xonar DX soundcard)

Last edited:
Someone was selling their year half old as500 on one of the posts. ping me if interested. have no vested interest. I'd approached him for a used amp.

Hello Marx,

Could you share the Speaker which you are going to pair wit Yamaha? What about Size of the room.

SO Music is completely like a Love cant be felt unti it get shared ( I mean Amp, speaker and cables etc :)) Which needs a sync

Just FYI, I mentioned the AS 500 coz its the only one I have listened to among the brands like Yamaha, Marantz, Denon etc.So guys can recommend any amp that falls in my range for an audition:)
Hello Marx,

Could you share the Speaker which you are going to pair wit Yamaha? What about Size of the room.

SO Music is completely like a Love cant be felt unti it get shared ( I mean Amp, speaker and cables etc :)) Which needs a sync

Speakers would be Magnat Monitor Supreme 1000
Monitor Supreme 1000 | Downloads Home Audio | Downloads | magnat

Size of the room...I forgot lol (4.5 x 4 meters ?):D
Its not big but it have two open windows in the front and back sides and a door and an opening (a rather large one) to the staircase on the lateral sides.

Cables..its a "thick" speaker cable from the local electrical store. Would get the real deal from HFV website soon even though I'm a bit confused about how thick the cables should be !
12 SWG should be enough ?

Last edited:
I understand your worries but older members on this forum are really like good old friends. We trust each other blindfoldedly on this regards. Checkout the "For Sale" section.

I got "burned" once :indifferent14: so now, I'm a bit..doubtful !

I am really sorry to know that. Was the packaging intact? Are you sure it wasn't during transit?

Yes, the packaging was intact.

I don't really know.

The tweeter got completely destroyed and the woofer mounting was torn off from the cabinet and the port tube squished. Also, one of the the cabinet sidewall sheared off a little bit exposing the sound absorbing material.

You can ask testing warranty.If its perfect,stereo amp get less issues I suppose.He is Top seller too.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back