Can we avoid Installation charged by LG?

[email protected]

Hi, As we all know when one buys LG LED online, he has to pay some installation charges. I have also bought LG LED from Paytm and expecting the delivery by Saturday. Is there any way, we can avoid the installation charges? e.g. Can we tell them that the TV is not bought online but from an offline dealer?

P.S. : I had called customer care and told them that my brother has bought TV in Delhi as the prices are cheap as compared to Pune and is bringing TV with him. Do we need to pay any installation charges? The guy asked me if it is bought online, I said no (as I knew the Dealer name) and said its bought from Authorized Dealer in Delhi. He said, in that scenario,you won't need to pay anything.. :D Just call us once TV is reached to your home..

So will it work? :confused:

If you can afford the OLED TV, why cant you spend few more on the installation charge?

I have not bought OLED.. Its LED only.. And why should I pay extra? No other brand charges extra for installation. Then why does LG do this discrimination between online and offline buyers? This is totally unethical as per my view..

If you can afford the OLED TV, why cant you spend few more on the installation charge?

he has purchased LED not OLED.

And company should not have such ridiculous policy. If you buy from a registered dealer, installation included. If you buy from same dealer through online marketplace then installation not included. That is not logical.

he has purchased LED not OLED.

And company should not have such ridiculous policy. If you buy from a registered dealer, installation included. If you buy from same dealer through online marketplace then installation not included. That is not logical.

Sorry about LED/OLED confusion. There is a price difference between online purchase v/s store purchase and dont expect any freebies from a low margin online purchase. Ultimately the manufacturer has to pay the person for installation, and he will only do it if he gets enough margin. Since online margins are low, they will cut all these frills.
I agree, in an open economy, there should not be a difference between an online and offline buyer, but they definitely will look at the economics before giving you anything free

They will ask for the purchase bill at the time of installation. Once you show them the bill only they will start the installation process.

Hi, As we all know when one buys LG LED online, he has to pay some installation charges. I have also bought LG LED from Paytm and expecting the delivery by Saturday. Is there any way, we can avoid the installation charges? e.g. Can we tell them that the TV is not bought online but from an offline dealer?

P.S. : I had called customer care and told them that my brother has bought TV in Delhi as the prices are cheap as compared to Pune and is bringing TV with him. Do we need to pay any installation charges? The guy asked me if it is bought online, I said no (as I knew the Dealer name) and said its bought from Authorized Dealer in Delhi. He said, in that scenario,you won't need to pay anything.. :D Just call us once TV is reached to your home..

So will it work? :confused:

At the time of installation, you may be required to produce the original bill for verification.. You will be asked to pay for the installation charges then...

It is sad, that LG doesn't encourage you to buy online.. No escaping.. You got to pay for installation charges :eek:hyeah:

If you don't pay, consider yourself lucky..:eek:hyeah:

So, I bought an OLED from Shopclues. However, don't show them the bill from the online site. Show them the bill that comes from the actual vendor. There is not much searching they do after that. If the bill happens be from a different city than the one you live in, just say it was gifted or some such.

Everything about Lg is extremely good, products and after sales service. Does LG like this fact, no they have to find some way to muck it up, so they charge for installation for online purchases. If they have so much problem why do they allow their products to sell online, They should just put a disclaimer on their website stating this point. If you going for wall mount they you have get in touch with LG or if it's a table mount, do it yourself. Also Paytm packaging says PAYTM everywhere, on tape on packaging plastic. You should remove it and try to lie as much as possible. cause installation charges depends on model number 1000-4000rs.

At the time of installation, you may be required to produce the original bill for verification.. You will be asked to pay for the installation charges then...

It is sad, that LG doesn't encourage you to buy online.. No escaping.. You got to pay for installation charges :eek:hyeah:

If you don't pay, consider yourself lucky..:eek:hyeah:

LOL.. I hope I'll be lucky enough.. :p

Everything about Lg is extremely good, products and after sales service. Does LG like this fact, no they have to find some way to muck it up, so they charge for installation for online purchases. If they have so much problem why do they allow their products to sell online, They should just put a disclaimer on their website stating this point. If you going for wall mount they you have get in touch with LG or if it's a table mount, do it yourself. Also Paytm packaging says PAYTM everywhere, on tape on packaging plastic. You should remove it and try to lie as much as possible. cause installation charges depends on model number 1000-4000rs.

I totally agree with you @HE-MAN. I simply don't understand this policy. They are bowing down in front of the offline sellers, may be because 70% of their revenue is via offline sales only.. :indifferent14:

So, I bought an OLED from Shopclues. However, don't show them the bill from the online site. Show them the bill that comes from the actual vendor. There is not much searching they do after that. If the bill happens be from a different city than the one you live in, just say it was gifted or some such.

Did you pay for installation for OLED? And yeah, I am gonna do the same thing. Hopefully I'll be able to save the installation fees.. :p

installation charges depends on model number 1000-4000rs.

I am in a similar boat. Bought the LG 49LH600T from Amazon (Cloudtail). The LG engineer has quoted 1,200 for installation and demo + 3,000 for the wall mount bracket. Does anyone know if we need to call LG for the installation for the warranty to be valid? I am considering buying the wall mount from Amazon and getting it fitted by my carpenter. Any other suggestions?

Amit Joglekar

Can someone tell what will be the price difference between online and offline approximately?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Do the online transaction terms state that a wall bracket will be provided with the TV? If not then I don't think any dealer installing the TV would provide it free of cost.

To save on the actual installation charges of Rs 1200, one could ask the local electrician to do it for a lesser amount.

May be you tell them that you don't need any installations since you got it for your native place and will carry soon. If they insist, you can ask them just to demo with provided stand..and later you can wall mount locally which should be cheaper..

Back