Car Audio for Hyundai Xcent

Components can be fitted on the rear doors. But you need a rather good installer if there is no provision in the doors. The tweeter is usually placed on the B Pillar if there is no stock location for the tweeters near the door openers.

Get the install done from a competent guy/place. Ensure that original wires are not cut. Also, use proper, good quality wires and connectors.

I've already over-spent, and will be skipping the sub, that's y I went with ovals. My HU has 3-Pre-outs, so may be it the future, Ill add a sub, if needed. :)
Cool congrats on your new purchase Rahul :).

3-Pre outs are cool, its a good advantage of having future proof stuff :)

Not sure about the installation cost, it will vary place to place. For me i didnt pay anything for installation, because i bought everything locally from the same installer :D.

Sure shot Rockford Fosgate wont let you down, so do Polk. Let us know how it sounds .

Cool congrats on your new purchase Rahul :).

3-Pre outs are cool, its a good advantage of having future proof stuff :)

Not sure about the installation cost, it will vary place to place. For me i didnt pay anything for installation, because i bought everything locally from the same installer :D.

Sure shot Rockford Fosgate wont let you down, so do Polk. Let us know how it sounds .

Thanks so much bro. Ill update with pics of installation, once I'm done. And a review will follow. For now, fingers crossed, and super excited :yahoo:

Ohh ..you gone with sony HU..hmm...well nothing much to say..

and btw sound clarity doesnt come from amp, its comes from the head unit. If the head unit is not able to fully decode the sound from the CD/USB etc, then what help will a amp do.

Anyway mark my words, the day you hear another HU with your current setup, you will do a facepalm for selecting the Sony HU..hehe

BTW Congrats on the purchase and enjoyy the music.. And don't try to hear other ICEs for atleast an year..else the upagrade bug will bite. :D

Ohh ..you gone with sony HU..hmm...well nothing much to say..

and btw sound clarity doesnt come from amp, its comes from the head unit. If the head unit is not able to fully decode the sound from the CD/USB etc, then what help will a amp do.

Anyway mark my words, the day you hear another HU with your current setup, you will do a facepalm for selecting the Sony HU..hehe

BTW Congrats on the purchase and enjoyy the music.. And don't try to hear other ICEs for atleast an year..else the upagrade bug will bite. :D

It totally depends on the headunit model too. Can't say all sony's are bad and all pioneers are good or so. So wait fingers crossed. I have listened to a really decent sony in a budget, in my neighbours Santro long back. Dont ask me the model number, but it was way better than my older JVC Kdg 401 and another neighbours alpine hu which came with the Honda city(Couldnt tolerAte that alpine at all)

At the same time, if you look at the best hu units in market now, they alpine, JVC both has very good budget stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Alby Tommy,

In Car audio atleast in HU Sony is decent enough, Pioneer has a wide range of HU's when compared to Sony and others. IMO Sony never put me down. I use a Pioneer currently, Reason is i always prefer to play AUDIO CD's rather than playing songs in USB. Some of the CD's wont play in Sony, thats one common problem with Sony car entertainment and even Home Entertainment.

Let us know how it sounds rahul :)

+1 for Alby Tommy,

In Car audio atleast in HU Sony is decent enough, Pioneer has a wide range of HU's when compared to Sony and others. IMO Sony never put me down. I use a Pioneer currently, Reason is i always prefer to play AUDIO CD's rather than playing songs in USB. Some of the CD's wont play in Sony, thats one common problem with Sony car entertainment and even Home Entertainment.

Let us know how it sounds rahul :)

I bought the sony because it had 3 pre-outs, compared to Pioneer's 2 pre-outs at the same price range.
Agreed that sound is first processed in the HU, but I dont think there is major difference in DAC's of Pioneer/sony/alpine in the same price range. If I were to use the HU's amp, there might be difference in SQ, but not in this case.
And I dont listen to CDs at all. Almost zilch. At best, I'll play FLACs from USB.

I bought the sony because it had 3 pre-outs, compared to Pioneer's 2 pre-outs at the same price range.
Agreed that sound is first processed in the HU, but I dont think there is major difference in DAC's of Pioneer/sony/alpine in the same price range. If I were to use the HU's amp, there might be difference in SQ, but not in this case.
And I dont listen to CDs at all. Almost zilch. At best, I'll play FLACs from USB.

Does your HU play FLAC's over USB? Most of the HU do not support FLACs I believe as my Pioneer 3200BT brought from US does not support FLAC, so I convert the songs to WAV and playback. And some of the good songs I have converted from FLAC to ALAC and play via my iPhone USB cable.

Does your HU play FLAC's over USB? Most of the HU do not support FLACs I believe as my Pioneer 3200BT brought from US does not support FLAC, so I convert the songs to WAV and playback. And some of the good songs I have converted from FLAC to ALAC and play via my iPhone USB cable.

No, it doesn't doesn't FLAC from USB. Just found out :indifferent14:

I am not sure if any mass market/ hiend car audio still plays flac. I believe the only lossless format still playable on car audio is cd. But if you have a good dap like fiio x3, use a decent aux cable to get a decent sound. Since I do not have an upgraded system in my i20, my iphone 5's using 'accudio' player sounds better the system dac of the factory fitted hu. I

Yes, there are difference in the DACs used in the sony/alpine/pioneer.And the HU's amp doenst make any difference except for the voltage variation, as i said earlier. Only the DAC does. ;)

That said, only trust your ears. (After all you will be the one listening to it na.:D)

If you like the sound of the system put together,after the tuning, then enjoy.

If not, then give it some time and still not happy first upgrade the HU and check.

BTW to others, i never said Pioneer is better than Sony or so. I only pointed out the things me and my friends have experienced. And within 8K there are other HUs too.I was trying hard to convince him to get others coz he was purchasing online and we have more options to choose from. :)

There are ICEs on budget than can beat ICEs with total value of 2 lakhs or more. And i completely agree to that since have heard them both.:cool:

Anyway post the pics of the install/system and give us feedback too.. And enjoy the music too

Yes, there are difference in the DACs used in the sony/alpine/pioneer.And the HU's amp doenst make any difference except for the voltage variation, as i said earlier. Only the DAC does. ;)

That said, only trust your ears. (After all you will be the one listening to it na.:D)

If you like the sound of the system put together,after the tuning, then enjoy.

If not, then give it some time and still not happy first upgrade the HU and check.

BTW to others, i never said Pioneer is better than Sony or so. I only pointed out the things me and my friends have experienced. And within 8K there are other HUs too.I was trying hard to convince him to get others coz he was purchasing online and we have more options to choose from. :)

There are ICEs on budget than can beat ICEs with total value of 2 lakhs or more. And i completely agree to that since have heard them both.:cool:

Anyway post the pics of the install/system and give us feedback too.. And enjoy the music too

I myself am not a big sony fan, but I thought this was the best deal I was getting, so went ahead. Let's hope it turns out good. :)

Hi, any good car audio installers in Calcutta? I will get my equipment tomorrow, and Snapdeal is offering an installation service, but I was wondering if there are better options locally.

photo.php

Finally received the equipment from Snapdeal. I want to know whether there is a big difference between cheap and expensive Amp Kits?

photo.php

Finally received the equipment from Snapdeal. I want to know whether there is a big difference between cheap and expensive Amp Kits?
Rahul,

It makes a difference between cheap and expensive Amp Kits, The most common kits are Scosche, RF & kicker it costs a bit high but worth it[IMO]

Thanks

Instead of an amp kit, i think it would be better if you buy the things separately. Can bring down the costs too.

One Battery to amp wire. (check gauge)
Two RCA cables.
Speaker Wires (think 16 guage), just measure how much do u need using a tape.
connectors for connecting wires to amp and speakers. (just google it and u will get what all connectors you will need)

Enjoyy. :)

Instead of an amp kit, i think it would be better if you buy the things separately. Can bring down the costs too.

One Battery to amp wire. (check gauge)
Two RCA cables.
Speaker Wires (think 16 guage), just measure how much do u need using a tape.
connectors for connecting wires to amp and speakers. (just google it and u will get what all connectors you will need)

Enjoyy. :)

Thanks bro!

Hey,

Firstly, congrats on your purchase. To be honest, the Pioneer HU would have been better even though it had only 2 pre-outs (if you are not going to invest in a Sub in the future). But given the constraints, the Sony would have to do.

As already mentioned, the HU makes a huge difference even though they might fall in the same price range. I remember, when I had my earlier car, it was fitted with a Sony HU and JBL speakers. I had gone to a reputed installer audio installer (EVO) in Bangalore. The owner (satya) told me that by just changing the HU, my current system would sound way better. So I did just that. Got a kenwood HU and no doubt the system sounded way better.

As mentioned in the above post, wiring also makes a major difference. Post some pics after the install is done. Enjoy :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back