car subwoofer build .... suggestion please ...

I had a Sony xplod system in my car ages back. It was a good performer from what I remember. You could Also look at Rockford fosgate r1, which is a decent subwoofer.
Btw why don't you try one of those iwai subwoofers you have with you?

Last edited:
some reviews say Pioneer gives relatively thumping bass, and JBL gives softer bass.
I don't have first hand experience though.

Since this is a ported sub, I need TS parameters.
I couldn't find them for Pioneer and Jbl. That's one reason to look at this sony.
But thanks a lot for suggestion !! I will look at JBL CS1200

JBL also gives a TIGHTER KICK , bass is is pretty good on JBL which is amazing for the price .

That is one woofer which amazed me for the price !

Pioneer is good as well but new age pioneers i have't tried so i cannot comment .

Also, consider kicker subwoofers. A friend of mine used pioneer subs and he was extremely satisfied with it. My car has kicker components powered by the stock crappy Headunit but and the bass is really nice.

( updating my old threads just in case they help new commers)
Tried both pioneer and JBL and I got huge bass, there is lot of low end rumble, but bass quality is very bad. If we are particular about accuracy, Iwai sealed is relatively better in car.

Tried both pioneer and JBL and I got huge bass, there is lot of low end rumble, but bass quality is very bad. If we are particular about accuracy, Iwai sealed is relatively better in car.
What is the amp you are using? Try HAT Imagine or Clarus. I am using both in my cars and happy with it.

You tried it in a sealed or ported enclosure for JBL? Also how much did then IWAI cost you.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back