Cartridge for Pro-Ject Debut Carbon

rovanv

The needle on my Pro-ject Debut Carbon broke recently:sad: :sad: I am in Bangalore and am looking to buy a new cartridge, either online or offline. Its OM 10.

Would appreciate any help or pointers.

Thank you!

Check any of the online stores in India and if not available, you can try Ebay. JICO, Japan also sell very good stylus.

Thanks guys! I am looking at OM 10 or 2M for it. Haven't been able to find anything in India. Will buy it off amazon.com and get it shipped locally.

Ortofon 2M red is a good upgrade. Hopefully ortofon will soon be officially represented in India.

The best part is that ortofon 2M red and blue are interchangeable. So upgrading to blue is quite simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Ortofon Super OM 40 cartridge/stylus on my Debut III. It is very detailed and pleasurable but picks up every piece of dirt too :) I wash many albums before listening. Not that the original OM 05E sounds any better on the dirty records, just that the 40 makes you more aware of the not so clean groove and inner groove distortion. Bought my cart on ebay UK, but paid through Paypal in US $

honestly, if you have an OM body, it makes sense to buy a better OM stylus than another entry level 2M cart ( the 2M is an slight improvement of the Super OM which is an improvement of the OM)

honestly, if you have an OM body, it makes sense to buy a better OM stylus than another entry level 2M cart ( the 2M is an slight improvement of the Super OM which is an improvement of the OM)

I agree. All these Project arms are light weight and OM series is better suited than the 2M series

The best part is that ortofon 2M red and blue are interchangeable. So upgrading to blue is quite simple

you probably mean the stylus of 2m red is interchangaeble with other 2 m carts. which means if you get 2m black or bronze or blue, you can lateron replace the stylus with cheap 2m red stylus instead of expensive styli of superior series without losing on performance as cart is where the magic is.

you probably mean the stylus of 2m red is interchangaeble with other 2 m carts. which means if you get 2m black or bronze or blue, you can lateron replace the stylus with cheap 2m red stylus instead of expensive styli of superior series without losing on performance as cart is where the magic is.

It's actually the other way round. The cart bodies are usually the same, and its the stylus that makes a difference

Most likely the other way round - body is common, stylus is different. Just a guess, but I think in line with older Ortofon product lines.

It's actually the other way round. The cart bodies are usually the same, and its the stylus that makes a difference

Actually it's both! Only the red and blue are interchangeable without changing the cart since the stylus differ between them (Elliptical for red vs nude elliptical for blue).

The bronze and black use a higher quality cartridge so you cannot interchange the stylii between black, bronze and red/blue

the ortofon site says that physically they're interchangeable, but the voicing of the carts is different, so its not recommended

Yeah! That makes sense! Though I wonder if someone has tried and did a comparison in terms of sound :)

I am looking for Garrard 3000, Cartridge

it an old player an average one I think. Not sure how much worth to invest on new Cartridge, please suggest.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back