Choosing active subwoofer

well the 12.17 online is cough cough 1 lakh on jamsticks
Why do you check online. Contact surround swar and make the purchase if you decide to go with xtz 12.17. Once you make the payment they will deliver the product through fedex. Online prices are always Mrp and some cases 10% discount from mrp. Same for pb1000 or pb2k as well. Don’t buy online. Contact svs dealers and negotiate.

Why do you check online. Contact surround swar and make the purchase if you decide to go with xtz 12.17. Once you make the payment they will deliver the product through fedex. Online prices are always Mrp and some cases 10% discount from mrp. Same for pb1000 or pb2k as well. Don’t buy online. Contact svs dealers and negotiate.
Why do you check online

Just to get an idea of the prices.I will only buy offline but problem is i have been trying for last 3 days to get hold of some authorized seller in kerala for SVS.Dont see any.Any idea of SVS dealers?

Contact surround swar
Coimbatore rt..

Contact svs dealers and negotiate.

Yup these are the guys i am trying to get a hold of.Come monday I will call up the SVS distributors in Delhi probably so that i can understand where all their authorized dealers are in india and as u said yes online prices are unneccesarily jacked up.

If SVS/XTZ is too pricey like wat i see then i will go for BIC PL200 mostly.

Why do you check online

Just to get an idea of the prices.I will only buy offline but problem is i have been trying for last 3 days to get hold of some authorized seller in kerala for SVS.Dont see any.Any idea of SVS dealers?

Contact surround swar
Coimbatore rt..

Yup these are the guys i am trying to get a hold of.Come monday I will call up the SVS distributors in Delhi probably so that i can understand where all their authorized dealers are in india and as u said yes online prices are unneccesarily jacked up.

Ok if you have a budget of 77k the xtz 12.17 is the best choice. If old stocks of pb2000 is available it also should be available for 80-85k. Yeah surround swar Coimbatore or Chennai. They are the distributors for xtz. Nitin should be able to help you with connecting to svs dealers

Why do you check online

Contact surround swar
Coimbatore rt..

Online price as stated is always on MRP , you can get further discounts on that depending on dealer + bargaining skills. You dont need to call up the distributors for SVS , I doubt there any unauthorized dealers selling the same. Also I am not sure where you got the prices from but just 3 months ago I got a SB2000 for about 77k , but as Navin said the XTZ 12.17 should be a much better buy at that price range. It trumps the SB2000 for movie usage in all aspects.

Online price as stated is always on MRP , you can get further discounts on that depending on dealer + bargaining skills. You dont need to call up the distributors for SVS , I doubt there any unauthorized dealers selling the same. Also I am not sure where you got the prices from but just 3 months ago I got a SB2000 for about 77k , but as Navin said the XTZ 12.17 should be a much better buy at that price range. It trumps the SB2000 for movie usage in all aspects.
i saw that online on multiple sites..ooberpad,avstore etc.i decided to call up the distributors to know as to who sells them here in kerala for a start

As I said very few sites(almost none) list the best price online and you will need to get in touch before ordering. If you can source locally nearby then it will help in service , if it's far off in Kerala then it would be as good as purchasing from a Bangalore/Delhi/Mumbai dealer as you would need to ship the consignment for any service related issue

As I said very few sites(almost none) list the best price online and you will need to get in touch before ordering. If you can source locally nearby then it will help in service , if it's far off in Kerala then it would be as good as purchasing from a Bangalore/Delhi/Mumbai dealer as you would need to ship the consignment for any service related issue
ya its 4hrs drive but still i can occasionally take it there.

Love4sound is selling his XTZ 10 subwoofer which is supposed to be good. It would be a good idea to PM him & discuss with him & see if it suits your needs.
Frankly speaking I would not shell out 77k for the SVS PB or SB 1000 since its price in India is escalated & there is no value for money.
any seller that you can suggest for svs?

I had bought the subwoofer from Alliance 4 audio, Mumbai. For you it would be cheaper to buy in Kerala to avoid logistics cost.
With a dealer you get much better discount when you talk personally.

Regards.

anyone from kerala or kochi who knows authorized dealers for bic america or svs subs?if i go for bic is it safe to go via amazon where prohome audio supposed distributors of bic are listed as a seller
hi Sand87Ch, are u still looking for Sub?
i have one brand new SVS sb1000, if interested let me know.. bought in june or july not sure & just opened & used for 10 hrs r so to break in. as.
Reason to sell looking for Ported sub now. U can consider this as new have bill warranty & box. if u r intrested PM me.

hi Sand87Ch, are u still looking for Sub?
i have one brand new SVS sb1000, if interested let me know.. bought in june or july not sure & just opened & used for 10 hrs r so to break in. as.
Reason to sell looking for Ported sub now. U can consider this as new have bill warranty & box. if u r intrested PM me.
hey naveen wud have loved to but since then i have moved onto an amp and the dearth of money due to this purchase has put the sub on the back burner

SVS subs are quite notorious for their amp issues have a SVS sb1000 sub which faced an amp issue and had got resolved. Many audio dealers also shared the similar issue with their clients.. of course I am not generalising SVS is a very good brand but better you check with few dealers if you wish to buy a SVS sub as suggested by many.

SVS subs are quite notorious for their amp issues have a SVS sb1000 sub which faced an amp issue and had got resolved. Many audio dealers also shared the similar issue with their clients.. of course I am not generalising SVS is a very good brand but better you check with few dealers if you wish to buy a SVS sub as suggested by many.
Am using mine since Oct 2018, so far no issues at all. Besides even if there are issues their 5 year warranty with their top notch customer service gives you absolute peace of mind.

Thanks for knowledge sharing... what i have is performing well & not have any issues .. it warranty is registered in SVS website & billed with genuine dealer in bangalore.

You might have come across few cases on multiple forums. Svs is hugely popular and leads the subwoofer market in midrange and hence you would have seen more reports vs the other brands. But for all those cases svs has replaced the amp within the 5 year warranty period. Any issues with amp or diver is covered within the 5 year period so not to worry IMO

since u mentioned just out of curiosity asking..are these amp issues present on the PB1000 too?
I have both the sb 1000 and the sb 2000 my sb1000 had developed amp issue which was replaced by SVS and during that time my dealer told me it had a known issue.. SVS I believe gives 2 years warranty in india due to indian power conditions but elsewhere It’s 5 years.. though for me they replaced my amp in warranty even after the warranty had expired so that way it’s nice of them.. my sb2000 hasn’t given me any issues as yet.. but am unaware of pb2000

Last edited:
Am using mine since Oct 2018, so far no issues at all. Besides even if there are issues their 5 year warranty with their top notch customer service gives you absolute peace of mind.
Am glad but confirm 5 year warranty as I was told in India they only give 2 years..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back