Choosing active subwoofer

You might have come across few cases on multiple forums. Svs is hugely popular and leads the subwoofer market in midrange and hence you would have seen more reports vs the other brands. But for all those cases svs has replaced the amp within the 5 year warranty period. Any issues with amp or diver is covered within the 5 year period so not to worry IMO
I agree I as a end user wasn’ t aware of it till I had problems with current flow in my rca. But it was serviced promply by SVS customer care. Though the main dealers response was quite lukewarm in providing service. It was because of the SVS customer care I managed to get a new amp replaced by them. Else it would have been a dead weight for me.. I agree their products are very good and their service guys are very prompt.. wish i could have said the same for the dealer.. No offence.

I was told by the dealer in Mumbai that there is a 5 year warranty, will check with him again.
Pls do as my amp in SVS sb1000 got repaired a month back and the dealer told me this.. Warranty in India thing... pls also share what your dealer tells you.. as have 2 Svs’s and it will help...thanks

Pls do as my amp in SVS sb1000 got repaired a month back and the dealer told me this.. Warranty in India thing... pls also share what your dealer tells you.. as have 2 Svs’s and it will help...thanks
Sure Abhi, I'll definitely let you know once I contact him.

Hi Abhi, I spoke to Mr. Samay from Audiophile India who is the distributor for SVS in India. He confirmed that the warranty period in India is 5 years on the amp & the driver confirming to the international warranty. You can confirm the same from him too.

Audiophile India​

C-15, Mansarovar Garden,
New Delhi-110015
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +919810003562

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to any dealer.

Hi Abhi, I spoke to Mr. Samay from Audiophile India who is the distributor for SVS in India. He confirmed that the warranty period in India is 5 years on the amp & the driver confirming to the international warranty. You can confirm the same from him too.

Audiophile India​

C-15, Mansarovar Garden,
New Delhi-110015
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +919810003562

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to any dealer.
Thanks the 2 year thing was told to me y a Dealer In delhi only.. thanks it clears my doubts. Will take it up with him..

Thanks the 2 year thing was told to me y a Dealer In delhi only.. thanks it clears my doubts. Will take it up with him..
Most welcome. Mr. Samay told me that a purchase from the grey market won't be covered under warranty.

Just send a mail to SVS CS team with the model and serial # (copy of invoice also if available, this is not mandatory), they will revert with remaining warranty details. The warranty is always 5yr, either from date of invoice or the date of mfg/dispatch to dealer, whichever is later.

The warranty is transferable within the 5yr, hence one should not worry about warranty when buying a used SVS sub (not necessarily a grey market item).

Last edited:
Grey market yes but indian market thing sounded absurd to me by the dealer..
Hi Abhi,

I would suggest to have a word with Mr. Samay. Your dealer, I don't think is an authorised one and is fibbing about the warranty period. Has he given you an invoice for the sub ?
Warranty on Svs is 5 years which is confirmed.
If nothing works then pls email Svs directly for advice. They are extremely prompt.

Regards.

Hi Abhi,

I would suggest to have a word with Mr. Samay. Your dealer, I don't think is an authorised one and is fibbing about the warranty period. Has he given you an invoice for the sub ?
Warranty on Svs is 5 years which is confirmed.
If nothing works then pls email Svs directly for advice. They are extremely prompt.

Regards.
Have the tax paid invoice, he had categorically denied initially and insisted that its a small job and he will get it repaired, i did not feel.alright hence contacted SVS after which he agreed that since SVS has agreed no problem in replacement and confirmed that he had recd a mail from svs too. So guess he is or was authorised

Have the tax paid invoice, he had categorically denied initially and insisted that its a small job and he will get it repaired, i did not feel.alright hence contacted SVS after which he agreed that since SVS has agreed no problem in replacement and confirmed that he had recd a mail from svs too. So guess he is or was authorised
I would suggest to keep your dealer out & deal straight with Mr. Samay since he is also Delhi based. Pls do not let your dealer repair the subwoofer since he cannot be trusted & SVS should know how he deals with customers.

Last edited:
hi Sand87Ch, are u still looking for Sub?
i have one brand new SVS sb1000, if interested let me know.. bought in june or july not sure & just opened & used for 10 hrs r so to break in. as.
Reason to sell looking for Ported sub now. U can consider this as new have bill warranty & box. if u r intrested PM me.
Hi Naveen- Do you still have SVS and selling? Let me know I am keen.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back