Choosing online- UPS from APC

MusicMadness

hi, I am planning to buy a online UPS from APC with 1KVA rating primarily because of the power fluctuations in my apartment.
Every time the power goes, it takes a minute before DG restores it.
I have choosen, APC SMART-UPS RC 1000VA 230V Model no SRC1KI which is a online double conversion UPS costing 30k.

Any other suggestions ?

I would recommend to go with static voltage stabilizer which is far better than online UPS and servo stabilizer, and what makes it special is - it doesn't have any moving mechanical parts like a servo or it would not produce low sounding hum as an online UPS.

Cost wise - an 1kva would cost more or less that of an online UPS.

You can simply Google out for a static voltage stabilizer and know more about it.. It's used in Precision engineering industries, where the need of constant and very stable voltage input is a must..

I would recommend to go with static voltage stabilizer which is far better than online UPS and servo stabilizer, and what makes it special is - it doesn't have any moving mechanical parts like a servo or it would not produce low sounding hum as an online UPS.

Cost wise - an 1kva would cost more or less that of an online UPS.

You can simply Google out for a static voltage stabilizer and know more about it.. It's used in Precision engineering industries, where the need of constant and very stable voltage input is a must..
Thanks Siva.
but during the power failures, will it power up the hometheatre like an UPS untill the DG backup kicks in ?

Thanks Siva.
but during the power failures, will it power up the hometheatre like an UPS untill the DG backup kicks in ?
I am using a V Guard 850 sine wave inverter with a 105 ah exide battery powering entire household during powercuts (4 fans+ 6 LED lights + HT setup).
During blackouts, it just helps me to shut down the HT system gracefully and continue to use a couple of fans and lights for the next 4-5 hrs or till the power gets resumed.
Total cost for this set-up came to 15k (all inclusive)..

Inverter: https://www.flipkart.com/v-guard-prime-850-pure-sine-wave-inverter/p/itmf424be49150f2
Battery: https://amzn.eu/d/5JQgg6T

In your case, you can go for online ups, if you can manage that low sounding humming noise...

I am using a V Guard 850 sine wave inverter with a 105 ah exide battery powering entire household during powercuts (4 fans+ 6 LED lights + HT setup).
During blackouts, it just helps me to shut down the HT system gracefully and continue to use a couple of fans and lights for the next 4-5 hrs or till the power gets resumed.
Total cost for this set-up came to 15k (all inclusive)..

Inverter: https://www.flipkart.com/v-guard-prime-850-pure-sine-wave-inverter/p/itmf424be49150f2
Battery: https://amzn.eu/d/5JQgg6T

In your case, you can go for online ups, if you can manage that low sounding humming noise...
Adding to this, I've installed a 2kva Servo stab wired to all the lights + fans + TV + AVR system too. So during normal times, it supplies a steady voltage supply range of 225-235v to all these equipments along with the HT system.
But one caveat - my Denon AVR still randomly restarts once or twice (at times more) in a day at least, mainly in the time of fluctuations (i live in rural suburb where steady voltage supply is a distant dream)..

To mitigate this I've initially planned to get a Static voltage stab from one of the vendors which I got the contact from this forum. It was costing about 40k, which I think is quite expensive for a 1kva stabilizer.

But as an alternative solution - planning to install solar panels to my home (1200W, for all fans + lights + TV+AVR) as it will give a very stable supply for the equipments, for at least 16-17 hrs a day - as the power is being generated from the solar panels and distributed through batteries.
That said, I live in central Tamilnadu, where we get abundant of sunlight for almost 350 days in a year.

Adding to this, I've installed a 2kva Servo stab wired to all the lights + fans + TV + AVR system too. So during normal times, it supplies a steady voltage supply range of 225-235v to all these equipments along with the HT system.
But one caveat - my Denon AVR still randomly restarts once or twice (at times more) in a day at least, mainly in the time of fluctuations (i live in rural suburb where steady voltage supply is a distant dream)..

To mitigate this I've initially planned to get a Static voltage stab from one of the vendors which I got the contact from this forum. It was costing about 40k, which I think is quite expensive for a 1kva stabilizer.

But as an alternative solution - planning to install solar panels to my home (1200W, for all fans + lights + TV+AVR) as it will give a very stable supply for the equipments, for at least 16-17 hrs a day - as the power is being generated from the solar panels and distributed through batteries.
That said, I live in central Tamilnadu, where we get abundant of sunlight for almost 350 days in a year.
I am myself considering Solar Panels for long run, could work out as pure energy for HT equipment and some basic lights/fans at home.

I am myself considering Solar Panels for long run, could work out as pure energy for HT equipment and some basic lights/fans at home.
Yes bro, IT IS pure energy and it would provide a steady state of voltage supply and there would be no fluctuations at all. Either it will be on or off.
it would give power in 3 phases -
1. Direct power from the cells during sunlight hrs (also getting the battery charged at the same time),
2. Stored power to the equipments from the battery ie: post sunlights hrs / evening to early morning,
3. Power from EB to equipments - if all the energy has gotten consumed / over used.

Out of this, only in the case 3 will lead to power fluctuations since its being generated from the EB mains. To mitigate I am going for an higher capacity batter say, a 300 ah (adding 200 ah to my currently existing 105 ah Exide battery) where it would store more energy and distribute to the household which would run for 22-24 hrs straight, there by negating the chances of EB's interference for the lights+fans+TV&AVR combo.

Yes bro, IT IS pure energy and it would provide a steady state of voltage supply and there would be no fluctuations at all. Either it will be on or off.
it would give power in 3 phases -
1. Direct power from the cells during sunlight hrs (also getting the battery charged at the same time),
2. Stored power to the equipments from the battery ie: post sunlights hrs / evening to early morning,
3. Power from EB to equipments - if all the energy has gotten consumed / over used.

Out of this, only in the case 3 will lead to power fluctuations since its being generated from the EB mains. To mitigate I am going for an higher capacity batter say, a 300 ah (adding 200 ah to my currently existing 105 ah Exide battery) where it would store more energy and distribute to the household which would run for 22-24 hrs straight, there by negating the chances of EB's interference for the lights+fans+TV&AVR combo.
Yes, that actually sounds like long run plan :)
Have you considered Lithium Phosphate Battery?

Yes, that actually sounds like long run plan :)
Have you considered Lithium Phosphate Battery?
Yup, kinda longer run as still my organisation haven't called its employees back to office yet.. lol! :D

On battery: I dont think its a Li-Phosphate one.. The solar vendor in my area quoted this model. https://amzn.eu/d/hbhNAhh
Btw what are the benefits of having a Li-Phosphate or a Li ferro phosphate batteries, bro..?! Love to hear more!
Thank you! :)

Yup, kinda longer run as still my organisation haven't called its employees back to office yet.. lol! :D

On battery: I dont think its a Li-Phosphate one.. The solar vendor in my area quoted this model. https://amzn.eu/d/hbhNAhh
Btw what are the benefits of having a Li-Phosphate or a Li ferro phosphate batteries, bro..?! Love to hear more!
Thank you! :)
OP, sorry if its not exactly in line with your post :)

I heard Lithium Phosphate Batteries are safe and have better life, almost no maintenance. They are light weight too.
Suitable for Solar Power setup

OP, sorry if its not exactly in line with your post :)

I heard Lithium Phosphate Batteries are safe and have better life, almost no maintenance. They are light weight too.
Suitable for Solar Power setup
Thanks mate... I think you've given a good point to think..

Let me take this to my vendor and i will sure check out with him on the battery type.. ! :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back