Chord Mojo 2 under INR 40K !

Amarendra

Hi - just saw this ridiculous price on headphonezone:

Hi - just saw this ridiculous price on headphonezone:
Pretty close but no cigar. The chord mojo at 24K was a ridiculous price.

the first version has lousy bass, poor extension on top and narrow soundstage compared to most chip based DACs. With certain setup it works wonders though. Still at 24k, can’t complain.
Don't know about that. Clearly sounds better than the Topping E30, Ifi Zen DAC and comes pretty darn close to the RME ADI-2 DAC FS.

Don't know about that. Clearly sounds better than the Topping E30, Ifi Zen DAC and comes pretty darn close to the RME ADI-2 DAC FS.
I don’t have a RME, but a Topping D90LE. I had compared it against the E30 before as my brother had it. In terms of smoothness mojo is better. In terms of soundstage width , and airiness, the e30 is better. Mojo has more fatter bass, e30 is leaner. I heard the same amount of details on both. Just presentation is different. But moving up to the d90, mojo lacks bass precision though it has more body. Also soundstage width is narrower on the mojo compared to both the topping, but is more 3 dimensional. Out of the three mojo still is the most analogue like sound, d90 the most detailed. I could never say, one is better than the other in every ways- it’s a matter of preference. That being said, my plan in future is to get a higher end offering from chord.

I don’t have a RME, but a Topping D90LE. I had compared it against the E30 before as my brother had it. In terms of smoothness mojo is better. In terms of soundstage width , and airiness, the e30 is better. Mojo has more fatter bass, e30 is leaner. I heard the same amount of details on both. Just presentation is different. But moving up to the d90, mojo lacks bass precision though it has more body. Also soundstage width is narrower on the mojo compared to both the topping, but is more 3 dimensional. Out of the three mojo still is the most analogue like sound, d90 the most detailed. I could never say, one is better than the other in every ways- it’s a matter of preference. That being said, my plan in future is to get a higher end offering from chord.
Generally speaking, the Mojos presentation sounds richer than the Topping E30 in my setup and has more body as you allluded to. I haven't paid very close attention to the bass precision as it's mostly lost in an untreated room but it definitely felt more substantial without feeling any less accomplished, if at all.

But on a comparison with the RME which I've made on a number of occasions, including with FMs on this forum if i may throw a few credentials around, and the mojos bass ran it very very close in my room, even when the RME was being run over XLR.

Pertinently, the RME loses out on the three dimensionality that the Mojo brings to the table. In fact, i prefer the overall presentation of the Mojo for a number of songs as it does tone and soundstage better. i would've lived with it happily ever after, had it not been for the inconvenience of use which made me opt for the RME.

Generally speaking, the Mojos presentation sounds richer than the Topping E30 in my setup and has more body as you allluded to. I haven't paid very close attention to the bass precision as it's mostly lost in an untreated room but it definitely felt more substantial without feeling any less accomplished, if at all.

But on a comparison with the RME which I've made on a number of occasions, including with FMs on this forum if i may throw a few credentials around, and the mojos bass ran it very very close in my room, even when the RME was being run over XLR.

Pertinently, the RME loses out on the three dimensionality that the Mojo brings to the table. In fact, i prefer the overall presentation of the Mojo for a number of songs as it does tone and soundstage better. i would've lived with it happily ever after, had it not been for the inconvenience of use which made me opt for the RME.
I have the mojo still, but it’s damn inconvenient in a hifi setup. Also my speakers doesn’t have a wide radiation. So mostly the soundstage feels very much stuck in between the speakers with mojo.

Back