Chromecast 2 vs Teewe 2 streaming stick for VU 40 inch TV

kishore32kumar

Hi,

I am looking for review/comparison on Chromecast 2 and teewe 2.
Any one of you using it, please give your inputs.
My main usage will be

1. Moblile phone Screen mirroring to TV using chromecast/Teewe
2. Streaming videos which are locally stored in phone.

If you are using other streaming stick other than these two, Please suggest it.

Thanks,
Kishore

No idea about Teewe.

Chromecast is limited to the apps in its directory and whether they offer services in India... like Netflix only started recently. Its a limited source for streaming content in India.

For local streaming its better to have a media server like Kodi or Plex and use their apps. In this scenario CCA is good, but there are many Android sticks too. Other good options are Roku, Nvidia Shield, etc.

Hi,

I am looking for review/comparison on Chromecast 2 and teewe 2.
Any one of you using it, please give your inputs.
My main usage will be

1. Moblile phone Screen mirroring to TV using chromecast/Teewe
2. Streaming videos which are locally stored in phone.

If you are using other streaming stick other than these two, Please suggest it.

Thanks,
Kishore

teewe is good for mirroring. What I understood that chromecast required a Internet connection while Teewe does not.

I use Chromecast for Youtubing. It's excellent for that purpose. Here is my micro-review of the device.

(1) It's an excellent device for online streaming.
(2) It's not much useful for offline streaming.
(3) It needs an Internet connection to work, even if you want to use it merely for offline streaming.
(4) Screen mirroring is not exactly its forte. I found that quite quite lousy. May be I don't like the very concept of screen-mirroring (inefficient operation; two devices to do one work).
(5) Should your Internet connection be up to it, it handles full HD material with aplomb, with great fidelity, without breaking a sweat.
(6) The device does run hot if used constantly, but I haven't had it break down (shut down/hang intermittently) under pressure. I guess a bit of ventilation goes a long way in helping it stay cool enough.
(7) Despite the raw computing power, it runs on peanuts. I mean it's so efficient, it can actually run off USB power, so long as you supply at least 1 ampere of current.
(8) It comes with a few centimeters long HDMI extension cable (smart thinking by the manufacturer) should you not have the ability to plug it directly in an HDMI input port on your display.
(9) Since the only way this device can connect to is a Wifi network, you must have an access point (a router with DHCP capability) to use it.
(10) Since the device can only work with a Wifi network, you must have good Wifi coverage/signal strength at the exact point your device hangs in the air. Weak signal/drop outs will ruin the experiences.
(11) But if you have a good stable Intranet as well as an Internet connection, experience is very pleasant.
(12) I have been able to use it with equal ease lining up content using laptops as well as smart phones at various price points and sophistication levels. So, I don't really see any compatibility issues with devices (unlike most other streamers/miracast devices out there).
(13) But I won't really recommend it for the faint of heart if you want it exclusively for local (offline) streaming/sharing.
(14) I have no idea why Internet is so full of How-to-setup-Chromecast videos. Setting it up is a breeze and you could be up and running in less than 5 minutes if you are somewhat computer literate.

Simply buy an Android TV (In 3-6K range). This will take care of online/offline streaming without any issues. Also some come with audio out so that you can directly connect your speakers to it.

I have Minix Neo 5 Mini which is connected to the AVR over HDMI. It can pass through LPCM 5.1 signal to AVR over HDMI. It also has SPDIF which comes handy at times. It consumes only 5W and never runs hot.

Since I would be building a dedicated HTPC, I would soon sell it off but I enjoyed it for over 2 years now.

You can cast everything through Chromecast,
below are some details which i cast in my regular life,

1.Youtube
2.Any google chrome videos, you can cast any online video
3.There are some apps which can cast all movies and tv series online(Android Only)
4.You can cast local files which you have downloaded

I can think of some :)

I havent used Teewe but Chromecast Gen 1 has worked for me really well for playing both online and local content.
For android there are apps which cast local content, namely localcast, allcast.
I have used localcast and it works well.

For Mac, you can use soundcast to cast audio from laptop. This is what I am using currently as it allows me to switch between apps to play both local or online content.

Plex is also there for both PC and Mac. Also any chrome tab can be used for playing local content, just drag and drop local file to it and cast the tab.

No it doesn't need internet, if you are casting your local files/ cast your screen, it will use your WIFI.

And if you want to cast something from internet, obviously it will need internet :eek:hyeah:

It does need internet. CCA and CCV both don't work without internet.

Very rarely when my ISP goes out, I still have local LAN/WiFi and can stream content between all devices and can play both audio and vidoe... casting though does not work.

It does need internet. CCA and CCV both don't work without internet.

Very rarely when my ISP goes out, I still have local LAN/WiFi and can stream content between all devices and can play both audio and vidoe... casting though does not work.

No it doesn't require internet.
But for sake of confirmation, toinight i will unplug my Ethernet cable from Router and try to cast my local files through chromecast, let see what will be the result :licklips:

No it doesn't require internet.
But for sake of confirmation, toinight i will unplug my Ethernet cable from Router and try to cast my local files through chromecast, let see what will be the result :licklips:

Yeah Please do it.. I am planning to buy Chromecast 2 because of its stability in streaming the content from online/offline.

Which chromecast are you using ? 1 or 2 ?

Well, i did the testings and i conclude that you can't cast Local Files through Chromecast if you are not connected to internet.

But you can cast your full screen without internet.

Well, i did the testings and i conclude that you can't cast Local Files through Chromecast if you are not connected to internet.

But you can cast your full screen without internet.

Can you pls provide more details about "But you can cast your full screen without internet".. Full screen means are you talking about mobile home screen? what about games ? Can we play games on the TV using cast feature( without internet) ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back