Clarity of cable tv through Projector - Not good

hifi1975

Hi All,
I am having problem with the quality of picture from Hatway settop ( composite video ) through Projector . On TV the quality is very good so no issue with transmission.
Cable Distance from Projector to Settop box is around 30 ft ( as the cable runs a bit longer through corners to reach the projector )

I use the regular video cable for this as there is no other option on the settop box

Do you guys think, its the cable length thats teh issue or the quality of the cable . I can buy another cable if someone can tell me if going for a better quality cable will help. Or is it technically impossible to get good quality with this distance. The cable i use costed me 700 Rs for 30 ft

Thanks in advance

Get DTH its should solve the issues.

The problem is, normal cable transmission does have some level of grain in it. Its not visible in a small tv but when then tv size increases so does the grain size making it visible.

Some of the new DTH services now provide HS too.

Not planning to go for DTH as cable works out much cheaper and value for money with the channels choice..

I think there is no issue with transmission as the settop box is digital and clarity is crystal clear on TV

Hi All,
I am having problem with the quality of picture from Hatway settop ( composite video ) through Projector . On TV the quality is very good so no issue with transmission.
Cable Distance from Projector to Settop box is around 30 ft ( as the cable runs a bit longer through corners to reach the projector )

I use the regular video cable for this as there is no other option on the settop box

Do you guys think, its the cable length thats teh issue or the quality of the cable . I can buy another cable if someone can tell me if going for a better quality cable will help. Or is it technically impossible to get good quality with this distance. The cable i use costed me 700 Rs for 30 ft

Thanks in advance

Get a 10m HDMI cable along with set top box which has HDMI out..
else switch to component video at least..if you want to do justice to the prj :eek:hyeah:
Roughly on an average projector cost of watching 1hr of video comes to around Rs 20-30.. don't waste that with poor quality cables

As of now dont want tv through projector ..just some selected DVDs.
Also dont intend to watch the TV often ..

if TV watching is minimal and you don't want to change plans then better to switch from composite to component..also you will need to get a good quality cable to avoid any kind of signal loss. If you want to stick to the composite cable then you need to check the signal quality at the other end by taking some sort of measurements (don't ask me how :))

The best option will be try connecting your TV on 30 feet cable at the projector end. You will notice the signal loss on TV compare to standard cable.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back