Class D Hi-Fi grade Audio Amplifiers

Peachtree products are not as cheap as marantz entry level but they are not so expensive also that you will need to sell multiple body parts.

Always look our for something used if you can't afford new. That way you also get it a good price and the other gentleman gets incentive to buy new which will also ultimately come in the used market
Hi,
How to get some good used stuff as it seems very difficult. Kindly advise

I personally find class D amps to be unmusical and bright to the point that it makes a system harsh to listen to and robs it of musical joy. That is on speakers, on bass they provide very tight bass, this would come down to preference, some prefer tight bass others prefer slower/smoother bass. Of course as always one should choose what suits their preferences and wallets. I personally will not be changing to class D on speakers anytime soon, on the flip side I have used class D amps on my subs for years.
That's a very generalised statement. It'll help if you could list the Class D amps that you're basing your opinion on

That's a very generalised statement. It'll help if you could list the Class D amps that you're basing your opinion on

I don't remember all the Class D amps (or even A/B/H etc) that I have heard but I do currently own a Powersoft K10 and K20 and they sound horrible to me on speakers. By the by I believe general statements are more helpful/better than specific statements which can cause arguments.

I do currently own a Powersoft K10 and K20 and they sound horrible to me on speakers.
From what little I read about them on Google search, they look like pro amps outputting 12000 watts.:eek: No wonder they sound horrible in home environment.
I believe general statements are more helpful/better than specific statements which can cause arguments.
There are apples and some other apples. Same goes to Oranges. :)

recently i came across to hear a jef rowland integrated amp class d with focal sopra no2 speakers. sound is vgood. bass is punchy and mids and treble is vgood. one of the best class d amps heard till now. they dont sound like bel canto or nuforce amps

I don't remember all the Class D amps (or even A/B/H etc) that I have heard but I do currently own a Powersoft K10 and K20 and they sound horrible to me on speakers. By the by I believe general statements are more helpful/better than specific statements which can cause arguments.

Ah come on, what are you talking about.. My Class D amp is the best in the world, I haven't heard a lot of other amps but I just know it is the best. In my humble 'unbiased' opinion of course ;)

Last edited:
Ah come one, what are you talking about.. My Class D amp is the best in the world, I haven't heard a lot of other amps but I just know it is the best. In my humble 'unbiased' opinion of course ;)
Just quoting that the quality is good in Jeff row land class d amps unlike other class d amp brands

From what little I read about them on Google search, they look like pro amps outputting 12000 watts.:eek: No wonder they sound horrible in home environment.

They sound bad on speakers but great on subs, that's why I bought them. I don't think pro equipment is bad since my whole system is pro, my speaker amps are also pro amps and they sound great to me, they are class H amps. I just avoid internet forums these days after years of conversing on them, they usually serve no purpose if you know what you need/want for that specific subject IMO.

Ah come one, what are you talking about.. My Class D amp is the best in the world, I haven't heard a lot of other amps but I just know it is the best. In my humble 'unbiased' opinion of course ;)

:)

Just quoting that the quality is good in Jeff row land class d amps unlike other class d amp brands.

I am SURE mine doesn't sound remotely as good. Mine is a basic amp and it sounded WAY better than the amps in ProFX bangalore when I went to audition a pair of speakers. The guy agreed that mine sounded better than what he had (I believe it was a Marantz costing at least 3x). I am sure Hypex nCore or ICEPower will easily outclass mine and we are not even talking about Rowland (btw do they use nCore's inside??). But the point is that one can't categorize all class D amps into a same bucket similar to how we can't classify all 'analog' amps into a same bucket. Just wanted to mess with @Decadent_Spectre thats all :)

But then @Decadent_Spectre already agreed in his post that it was his personal experience so no harm done I guess... at least I hope.. Cheers guys!

You said it in 10 words which took me 2 posts :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am SURE mine doesn't sound remotely as good. Mine is a basic amp and it sounded WAY better than the amps in ProFX bangalore when I went to audition a pair of speakers. The guy agreed that mine sounded better than what he had (I believe it was a Marantz costing at least 3x). I am sure Hypex nCore or ICEPower will easily outclass mine and we are not even talking about Rowland (btw do they use nCore's inside??). But the point is that one can't categorize all class D amps into a same bucket similar to how we can't classify all 'analog' amps into a same bucket. Just wanted to mess with @Decadent_Spectre thats all :)

But then @Decadent_Spectre already agreed in his post that it was his personal experience so no harm done I guess... at least I hope.. Cheers guys!

You said it in 10 words which took me 2 posts :p
I was very happy with the Texas Instruments' eval module with TPA3255. The Jean Hiraga 30W Class A bettered it.

View attachment 65911

Sorry for not a great picture. It’s a next generation class D power amp. 1KW per channel with balanced connections. Weighs over 13kg.

Scared of putting it in duty as my speakers are high sensitivity. Awaiting a versatile low pass filter to power my woofers for bass duty, through it.

I've never heard of this company, is there a website where we can see their offerings/specs?

Is it by chance from Kanwar?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back