CNN hero

venkatcr

I don't know how to write this, so I am going to hit it straight.

I believe CNN, every year, chooses 10 people as the world heroes. These people are chosen for the work they do, and then there is a worldwide public voting.

This year, an Indian, Narayana Krishnan, has been shortlisted. When I read what he has and is doing, tears came to my eyes. Here is what this guy is doing.

To vote for Krishnan, please go here.

We spend so much time fighting over how good our audio should be and how fantastic our AV should be, and here is a guy who is, without compunction, feeding 400 people a day with his own money. Though it is easy to say this is what the government should do, here is someone who is actually doing it.

(1) I would request all members to not only vote for Krishnan, but also request your friends, colleagues, and relations to vote for him.

(2) If someone is ready to start a trust fund for Krishnan from amongst HFV members, I am ready to put in Rs.1001 straight away. Though I could do the collection myself, I am going to tied up with some heavy personal work over the next 30 days. Of course, if no one comes forward, I will accept the responsibility.

I would really like to see HFV members show how compassionate and great they are.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thank you Venkatcr ,He is truly doing the work of GOD. Feeding the poor people. I am going to vote and circulate this in my friends and request them to do the same .Also ready to contribute my bit to this noble cause. Would be great if anyone near madhurai area can volunteer for this.

Voted! I read his story a while back. Good to hear he has been nominated.

Although I find that story of the old man hard to digest. He may be mistaken, maybe he did not see properly from up-close.

--Gobble

Voted
Thanks venkat sir.
Can anyone draft a mail ( sorry I am not so good with words) with all links so that we can mail all our contacts?
I am certain it will be appriciated and sent...
Thanks

Hemant Waghe

all the guys are amazing.. have voted for our guy... but all of them are next to gods.... really humane... being human.. hats off to these guys..

Can anyone draft a mail ( sorry I am not so good with words) with all links so that we can mail all our contacts? Hemant Waghe

Here is the mail:

"All of us, in some way or the other, live a reasonably comfortable file. We worry about our future, our growth, our love, our property, our children and so on. Here is one man, who at the height of his career growth, has given up everything. For what? to feed the hungry and destitute with his own money. A man who was supposed to go to Switzerland to become a 5 star chef is now using his knowledge to cook and feed hungry people on a daily basis.

Meet Narayanan Krishnan. A 5 star chef who quit his job and spends his own money to cook and feed the poor. Read about Krishnan here - Once a rising star, chef now feeds hungry - CNN.com. CNN has short listed him to be a world hero. As an Indian, the least we can do is to vote for him. If he wins, he will get $100,000 that will go a long way in doing the god like work that Krishnan does.

To vote for him, please go here - http://heroes.cnn.com/vote.aspx#d1

Such people not only make you proud to be an Indian, they also bring tears to our eyes. Let us help him in whatever small way we can."

Cheers

Last edited:
After casting my Vote for him i have added link to my facebook. If you have facebook profile request you all to add to gain mass attention.

hi venkatcr -

what about collecting money from our forum - from those who want to support such causes?

and sending it onwards from a single point? (from the forum to the cause)

as of now - i am ready to commit Rs. 10,000/- to the cause you have brought to our attention-

and, perhaps, a lesser amount every month towards building a corpus that will help our forum support such endeavours?

looking for direction-

regds suri

Suri:

I have already suggested that and made an offer of 1001. I will wait for a day or two for someone to take charge as I will be busy with some personal work over the next two weeks. If no one comes forward, I will take it up. I have more offers from our great HFV members.

Someone suggested a member from Madurai could be a good bet. Is there anyone?

Cheers

Suri:

I have already suggested that and made an offer of 1001. I will wait for a day or two for someone to take charge as I will be busy with some personal work over the next two weeks. If no one comes forward, I will take it up. I have more offers from our great HFV members.

Someone suggested a member from Madurai could be a good bet. Is there anyone?

Cheers

@venkatcr -

a great majority of forum members know you (and trust you)

it would (greatly) help such causes if you shouldered the burden -

just a thought.

regds suri

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back