Compact HT Systems(2.1Ch/Soundbar)

A_v_i

Hi

I have recently purchased a Samsung LA40C630 LCD, and while i am very happy with the display, the speakers are very disappointing. So i am looking to get a HT system to complement the display. However i dont want to go for a 5.1/7.1 systems even though i know the vastly superior experience they will offer.

What would be most preferable is a 2.1Ch HT System or even a Soundbar. As nearly all of my movie collection is on a HDD, i dont really need a DVD player, though it will be nice to have.

Budget, well its quite variable and can be anything from 10K to 30-35K, or even higher if the system blows me away :)

The major issue i have is that i am based in Pune, and there seems to be a lack of quality Outlets which offer a wide array of systems for demo. So if anyone from Pune can point me to the right ones it would be a great start.

I can even consider driving down to Mumbai and picking up a system, but finding one in Pune will be great.

And thanks in advance for all the suggestions :)

At 30 - 35k budget you will get a decent 5.1 system

Paradigm Cinema CT 70/90

Energy Classic

You can also take a look @ JBL SCS 200.5 with HK AVR package...

@borg, yes am aware of the options from samsung, however i am not sure how well they perform. the local samsung store did not have them in stock, do you have any experience with them?

@kittu1977
Well the paradigm systems are good, but like i mentioned i am looking for a compact system, nothing more elaborate than a 2.1.

How are you planning to connect the speakers ? Are you planning to buy and amp or avr or just a HTIB .. I am not sure if you can connect the speakers directly to the TV audio.. (even if you can there wont be enough juice to drive them to the fullest)

How about something like this.

Onkyo Europe - HTX-22HD

How about a
1.Norge amp like 2060 for around 8K
2. Wharfedale diamond 9.1 for around 13k
3. and wharfedale SW150 sub for around 20k

I know its a little bit above budget but the same would work beautifully for music too.

All of the above are available in Pune with Aquarious Electronics(formerly silo media)

Last edited:
@kittu1977
Well i open to all three, i think money will be best spent on an amp, as i dont really need a player, etc.

@biyer
that sounds like a good option, will try and go for a demo over the weekend. However i was wondering considering the setup you suggested comes out to about 40K, should i also not be considering the Bose Cinemate Series II? Just the speaker system is about 41.5K. Any feedback on those? I know a separate AMP/Speaker combo is more extensible. Just wondering out loud.

Bose = Blashphemy in this forum..(atleast for me..)

Not worth it.

In very simple pure physics explanation..

A 2" full range driver (bose satellite) can never compete with a 5" woofer+1"tweeter in terms of sound reporduction...
The 2" driver simply cannot push the same volume of air to get desired SPL.

About the subwoofer same story

5-6" woofers can never generate the same impact as an 8" woofer

All the above strictly talking in terms of good speaker manufacturers...

Try with norge 1000 with wharfdale 9.2... its a nice combo with in 25k... and mostly suggested one in stereo set up. try audition this as well when you are auditioning norge2060 with wharf9.1 you will really feel the differance.

If you are ok with the used setup there are few good sales going in for sale by owner section .... Start with a small setup later upgrade bug will bite you for a big one .... :p

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back