Component Video Cable

vadiraj

Hi
Can somebody give pointers to buy good quality Component Video cable. I dont want to spend too much of money on buying best brands like monster or so..
i have had couple cables bought from SJP road area here in Bangalore. First one worked for almost two years and now the second one has broken down in 8 months..they are good cable, i found good performance as long as they work but you never know when they break down :(

Suddenly the screen goes blank, when cross connect other cable, i find either blue or Red screen..i dont know why..

thnx
vadiraj

I?m not a big fan of the whole cable thing. But, the common truth applies here as usual - Stick with established brands and you don?t have to regret.

Plus, you are right about Monster Cables, they are indeed over hyped ? just like Bose.

There is a brand of very affordable cables called "MX Electronics". They make decent stuff. By any chance is that the one you got?

Hi
A good discount going on Monster Cable in Croma MUmbai- Chk local Croma.
Another DEcent brand is Bandridge - In Mumbai you get in Vijay Sales and big outlets . Just Check in Blore.
Anyaway Bandridge is distributed by Savoy - Same people who brought Yamaha in India

no i have not tried the brand MX..though I saw that last time, i bought a good looking chinese made cable :) for very less though..will try MX this time..MX component video cable is being sold for 700 bucks, if i have spend 700 bucks, i will add some more and buy very good cable..anyway let me do some research this time..

Ah, that explains it - I was wondering how component cables could give out that quickly. MX is a good brand for its price and has little competition. A well-known high-quality brand is QED which is available from ProFX in Bangalore but its cables sell for 5,000+. I myself bought a Monster cable for around 4,000 3 years ago but do not think it is anything special or worth that price.

Hi
Just for info - That good discount going on Monster Cables in Croma -At Juhu.
I think this promotion is nationwide.
Also philips & sony also sale Componant Cables - But really dont know about the quality

Hemant

I have been using a MX CVCable for about an year or so which has Monster Jacks and am fully satisfied with th e performance and quality. Costs about Rs 450 and available at Lamington Road, Mumbai.

Hi All,

I bought Panasonic Component Video cable yesterday..3M wire costed me 725/-...
I cannot observe any changes from my previous performance though..

Hi,

I have also bought a Panasonic component cable. I think it is 1.5m and cost me around Rs. 450. I have not found anything objectionable with the PQ with this cable.

Regards,
Prasad.

A quick question - :

Because the Component video cables are RCA, can we use any RCA cable set to connect between the a/v receiver & Television?

I can suggest a component cable from my experience which will beat any other cable you buy.
Component cable has to be 75 ohms cable as suggested by some one else.
You can make your own cable if you know sholdering.
I am not sure if there is a CANARE or BELDEN or Apogee importers in India.
But I think there must be one as these are leading brands world wide.
1. For cables you can buy following cable in your required length (3 lengths)
to make a set of component cables.
a. Canare 1694A, 75 ohms cable with solid core centre cable.
b. Canare 1505F, 75 ohms cable.
c. Apogee WYDE EYE 75 ohms cable (available lose as well as ready made
pre-terminated from Apogee web site) Mainly for AUDIO PURPOSE
VERY GOOD CABLE

2. For RCA connectors you can buy
a. CANARE CRIMP RCA PLUG (little costlier and needs crimping tool)
but best quality used by many cable companies. RCAC-C series
b.CANARE Audio line RCA plugs can also be used as a cheaper alternative
and these need sholdering not CRIMPING.
You can use 3 color SHRINK TUBES to mark different colors of component cables or simply used 3 color electric insulating tape if you cannot get shrink tubes in 3 colors.

Apogee Wyde Eye cables are available ready made at Apogee website and recommended by Stereophile very higly . These cables are also available lose without termination in required lengths. BASICALLY THIS APOGEE DIGITAL CABLE IS FOR AUDIO PURPOSE TO CONNECT TRANSPORT TO DAC.
BUT FOR COMPONENT CABLE BELDEN AND CANARE IS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST OPTION. Many brands are selling same cables at higher prices.
You can visit following websites also to learn more :

Component Video Cables from Blue Jeans Cable

Canare Corp. - Quality Cables and Connectors: RCA Crimp Plugs

Canare Corp. - Quality Cables and Connectors:

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/sat5...CID=0&CUR=840&DSP=0&PGRP=0&ABCODE=&CACHE_ID=0

Hope this information will be of use and WILL DEFINITELY GIVE YOU BEST PICTURE QUALITY COMPARED TO OFF THE SHELF OTHER CABLES.
Thanks for your patience
SKR

Hi,

Sorry for joining late !! which cable you bought from SP road ? as particleman said is it the MX ?

Anyway due to the closure of my friends showroom(shifting to a new place),he was left with some stock which is to be cleared,among them are the component video cable,Very high quality.

It was compared with Kimbre and was on par with the performance to kimbre,so if you are interested please PM for prices and other details.

Regards.

Does anyone know of a place (in Bangalore) where they sell longer component video cable - around 25'? I would prefer the better-known brands than the others. Also, if you know the approximate price, please let me know. I can probably buy from 20North or eBay Global, but it will take longer time.

Does anyone know of a place (in Bangalore) where they sell longer component video cable - around 25'? I would prefer the better-known brands than the others. Also, if you know the approximate price, please let me know. I can probably buy from 20North or eBay Global, but it will take longer time.

DAC cables is a well known and popular brand by Designeraudio - Homepage.

Try here:-

VECTOR SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (for Wharfedale, Vanguard, DAC, Byford Audio)
# 97, Sai Brigades, Brigade Road, (After St.Joseph College Of Commerce), Next to Brigade Prince Bar, Bangalore - 25.
Tel: 25543287, 9341717966

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC)
# 2, Lakshmi Towers, # 200, R.V. Road,
South End Circle, Bangalore - 4.
Tel: 9845522937

The latest price list is attached below.Model:-DV8981C, Component Video Cable,
dv8982.jpg

They will provide you the required length and 24K gold plated connectors with shiny black plated metal shell & RGB color code available separately for which Part No. is: 8982RCA.

regards:)

Attachments

• DAC-MRP (w.e.f. 7 Sept 2009).pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 37
Hi,
can anybody tell me where to get branded (like panasonic) component video cable in Chennai (preferably not too far from adyar)?. I could only find some Chinese made ones in local stores.
Thanks in advance,

Hi,
can anybody tell me where to get branded (like panasonic) component video cable in Chennai (preferably not too far from adyar)?. I could only find some Chinese made ones in local stores.
Thanks in advance,

You can check in nearest AV/hifi shop where mostly these are available.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back