Components burn in

abhipuru16

Hey guys!
I replaced the puny 4 years old 4'' JVC coaxials that my dad had got installed in our year 2000 Zen with MTX ROAD THUNDER RTS602 components. And, I must say, their sound signature is just as I like it to be. The highs are not harsh, the lows are tight and punchy and accurate, I an in love with them. Right now they are powered by the head unit which is a Pioneer DEH4850MPH. Don't worry, an amp and sub are in the pipeline.
Now, my query, what are the steps to be taken while speaker burn in. What should be the equalizer settings, volume etc. to make the components grow up sweeter?

Searching on forums before posting is a skill that will pay rich dividends in work, life, driving, job security, meta-physical healing , and so on, and so forth...

Nah! That's not possible in case of car component speakers I guess. I know that the burn in process will take time as it depends on how much I drive the car. I an mainly inclined towards knowing any precautionary equalizer or volume settings.

Gosh, I re-read your original post now, and it's for a CAR!, I really missed it, hence my link for 2-channel setup. Sorry about that.

:)

If you look at the various forum threads, you'll realise that the process for "burning in" an audio component is the same, whether car or home audio. Different people have different opinions about the process and duration, justified by experience or blind faith. As long as you listen to moderate volume levels as you drive, and do not have sudden, huge changes in volume, your speakers and your amp should be fine.

You haven't broken any forum rules. It just helps to keep the forum organised if posters search the database for information which may already be present, rather than starting new threads. That's more a forum decorum than forum rules.
If you look at the link Vinod sent you, I think you'll find quite a bit of info there.
Let us know how it goes.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back