Confused about Sony V550 and Ex500/Ex400 or the LED 600/700

The EX710 has been launched in india,i haven't seen them but it is cheaper then the EX700,it also consumes a bit more power and is thicker.So circumstantial evidence of SPVA panel.
The sharp panels basically has a faster response time and has better viewing angles.

Hello Adder again
i have compared Ex 710 vs Ex 700 in the sony website MEA
i found that EX 710 height,widthand dimesnions and weight are less than the Ex 700
i also found that Ex 710 consumes less power
so do you mean that panels itself is less in thickness than the Ex 700 or the overall model?

another point i realized in sony website that the models as nx700 and x800 and ex 600 and nx 500 entered the archived models which means that these models are no longer produced which mean that some sort of problem concerning the LED and NX series

and concerning Ex 700 series there must be an important issue and that is why they released another version whcih is the eX710
is it shortage problem or faulty LCD problem or high cost or low selling results concerning the the above mentioned models and also the EX700

Hi,

I have a sony EX400 and the blacks and white are superb. It has 60hz motion flow compared to 100or 120 hz motion flow of EX500 series.
The sound of EX400 is good for the flat panels.

Thanks, Prakash.

Hello Adder again
i have compared Ex 710 vs Ex 700 in the sony website MEA
i found that EX 710 height,widthand dimesnions and weight are less than the Ex 700
i also found that Ex 710 consumes less power
so do you mean that panels itself is less in thickness than the Ex 700 or the overall model?

another point i realized in sony website that the models as nx700 and x800 and ex 600 and nx 500 entered the archived models which means that these models are no longer produced which mean that some sort of problem concerning the LED and NX series

and concerning Ex 700 series there must be an important issue and that is why they released another version whcih is the eX710
is it shortage problem or faulty LCD problem or high cost or low selling results concerning the the above mentioned models and also the EX700

EX710 consumes more power.The EX710 dimmension is less(tv only excluding stand) which again points to use of different panel.The sharp panel is photo alignment tech which should make the panels thinner and decrease power consumption of LCD panel (excluding the backlight and other electronics)by as much as 20% to previous sharp panels.

Sony like other companies are facing shortage of panels which was said in a recent q2 performance press conference in japan.
Due to high demand of their tvs and the fact that the Joint sharp/sony 10g lcd manufacturing facility in japan,isn't yet producing at its peak.
Sony is forced to launch a new series with a different panels which IMO could be a SPVA panel.Sony doesn't do panel lottery,so to maintain consistent performance they launched a new series.
Where as rivals like samsung may use as many as 4 different type of panels .

NX700 is replaced by NX710 which again could have a SPVA panel.
samsung use different panels in one model which has a huge difference in contrast.

Thanks Adder for ur reply and for clarification
i made a comparison between 40 ex710 vs 40 ex700 only 2w increase
but between 32 ex 710 vs ex 32 ex 700 i found huge diifference 30 watt lesss in favour of ex 710
here are the links

Product Comparison : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony Middle East & Africa

Product Comparison : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony Middle East & Africa

For the 32" the difference in power consumption is huge its definitely not due to the panel(although the new series may have a different panel) ,in the 32" its mostly due to a more efficient LED emitters and Sony may have reduced the number of LED emitters.
LED tech is almost following moor's law in terms of time frame i.e with commercially available LED emitters achieving well over 120lumens/watt with prototypes already hitting the 160lumens/watt a year ago

Originally Posted by max123_ind View Post

max123_ind; said:
I noticed that Sony LCD TVs have better blacks (and pure white while white in Samsung looked pale blue to me) compared to Samsung LCDs... anyone disagree?

Absolutely completely agree ... though some brands brag about high contrast atios, nothing in practice seems to beat the Sony breed.

yes very true, i do not own sony lcd but what i have seen in stores is that sony is much better than even samsung, the picture look exceptionally nice.(excluding bx series.):rolleyes:

I own 40ex400 since last month. It is good in terms of PQ.

I am just watching cable SD channels from local cable TV providers. As the PQ is not upto the mark, I am watching it in normal mode (no wide or full screen as I don't like the stretched images). From 10ft distance, it is good to me.

For movies, I am using Seagate FreeAgent T+ media player and Onkyo HT. The TV is stunning in HD 720p/1080p movies (mkv / m2ts / etc). The black levels are good (watched Dark Knight 1080p mkv it is awesome).

I am not much satisfied with the speakers of TV which I am using for cable channels (there is no punch / enough bass).

Hello Friends .
any encouraging news or reviews about the new model EX710?

Adder is Ex 710 is matte or glossy finish
i think it is matte but i read it somewhere it is glossy
is that right

Haven't checked the new lcds,so not sure whether it has a matte or glossy screen.
In around 2 weeks Sony is also launching the worlds first google tvs.

Hello all
I am searching about sony Bravia LCD
i live in egypt
unfortunately not all sizes of the sony lcd come to our market.
the lcd in comparison are V550, Ex500/400 or the LED 700/600
i know well the specifications difference and the 09 and 2010 models.
but i don't well which LCD has better picture quality and this is the most important.

i know that Ex 500/700 has the 100 hz but considering pic quality when i compared ex 500 vs V550 i found that colours are more bright in V500. considering the red and green
i thought that Ex 500 has to be better than V550 ut it wasn't the case so please advise me how to select the best picture quality and what to look for beside the known specs of all models

please help me

With so many complaints about the SONY TV's in this website and their not so great after sales service, do you still want to buy a Sony TV?

With so many complaints about the SONY TV's in this website and their not so great after sales service, do you still want to buy a Sony TV?

He lives in egypt,their are equally large or larger complaints about samsung.
More no of sales of a brand = higher the complaints one will read.Since samsung and sony keep trading places for no 1 spot is sales ,one can see some kind a proportional number of complaints.

My neighbors samsung lcd went kaput,i was the one who recommended it.It went kaput due to high voltage,so is samsung bad NO.

hi.

i just bought a Ex 400 32" last week

so things i noticed

comparing bx300 and the ex 400 side by side the difference is negligible even tough the latter panel is a 720 p ie bx300.using the same hd input

the tvs i looked at are the bx 400,ex400,ex500 thats 720p,1080p,1080p plus a 100mhz panel

as i know it most ordinary tvs run at 60hz so is 100 hz really needed even for fast moving video?

as for my ex400 i am totally satisfied no complaints.How ever something i noticed too later after buying the tv is that the model seems to have a slightly different GUI when you use the remote. i suggest you use the remote and see the menu options instead of just comparing specs too/

\

Hello friend
i can either choose sony or samsung but i am more inclined to sony as brand name, both companies are good and both have some manfacturing problems and every lcd or even mobilephone can have some problems.
what are the most problem that you have heard about sony, please share

thanks all

The problem about Sony that one member had faced was poor after sales service and poor response from company, but eventually he got a panel replacement.

The problem about Sony that one member had faced was poor after sales service and poor response from company, but eventually he got a panel replacement.

Sony was awesome with their CRT's, Cant say same with their LCD's , other brands are as good as sony, may be sony touch better in PQ . Take any brand or panel you would face same problems in after sales service Sony is no different , what say ?

Sony was awesome with their CRT's, Cant say same with their LCD's , other brands are as good as sony, may be sony touch better in PQ . Take any brand or panel you would face same problems in after sales service Sony is no different , what say ?

Very true................... but in case of LG they seem to be very prompt and hassle free w.r.t. replacement as can be seen from comments by various plasma owners. One member has even had his plasma replaced no less than two times. This may not say much about the quality control of LG but says much about their customer care.

Last edited:

Sony is struggling to repair my expensive CRT TV DR29. Its 6 weeks now. Why can't they have a central warehouse for spare parts for Asia, Europe etc.

I have used so many SONY products but none of them disappointed me like this TV.

I agree with u all friends that problems can occur at any brand and every brand has its disadvantages
i am not convinced with LG i do respect all owners of this brand
i am suspicious about its quality control and many faults and need many repairs.may be their after sales service is better may be due to orders from their original country but after sales service differs from one country to another and depends on the agent
LG mobile phones here have poor service , LCD may have better service
and so on, samsung have a very reputable agent here in egypt which is a giant agent for Cheverolet and opel cars. and give 2 years warranty
while sony gives only 1 year warranty.

if one should choose between 32 or 40 inch EX500 and the new model 32 EX710 what to go for known that i can't afford the 40 Ex710 and this model isn't yet available
i am not going for quick buy, should i wait for the EX710 or go for EX500 or wait also for the 6th series of Samsung.
the TV should have the 100 hz

Don't wait. GO for it... That's the beauty of modern technology. If you wait there will always be a newer technology around the corner.
Between 32 and 40 inch always go for the bigger screen. You will not have any regrets later. If you were in India, you could have waited for Diwali festival season to avail discounts. But there is no sense in waiting for newer technology to come out.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back