Confussion between Yamaha RX-V583 and Denon X-1400H

mahender

Hi All,

I have almost zeroed on Yahama V583 but when I spoke to local AV dealers all most everybody suggesting me to go with Denon, they are claiming that Denon sound is way better than, is this right.

I am from Hyderabad non of the delears have these models so audition is not possible so I am requesting forum members to give their opinion.

I have inclianed toward Yamaha becuase of its blutooth transmiter feature

Both are good receivers and there are many satisfied customers of Yamaha and Denon as you can find in respective owners' thread. However, I don't think Yamaha has got bluetooth transmitter. It has bluetooth receiver which Denon also has. Are you implying the Music cast function of Yamaha, whereby if you have music cast enabled speakers, even in other rooms, you can stream wirelessly from the receiver?

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have almost zeroed on Yahama V583 but when I spoke to local AV dealers all most everybody suggesting me to go with Denon, they are claiming that Denon sound is way better than, is this right.

I am from Hyderabad non of the delears have these models so audition is not possible so I am requesting forum members to give their opinion.

I have inclianed toward Yamaha becuase of its blutooth transmiter feature
So local dealers have the Yamaha in stock, and they are suggesting you to buy Denon, which they don't have? :oops::oops::oops:

You can safely go with Denon. Good for movies compared to Yamaha. You will have to checkout the features though

Are you implying the Music cast function of Yamaha, whereby if you have music cast enabled speakers, even in other rooms, you can stream wirelessly from the receiver?

I am not sure whether I can copy & paste content from yamha official site or not but this is what mentioned in RX-V583 product page

Bluetooth Output for Convenient Music Streaming
The RX-V583 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology, making wireless operation more convenient than ever. You can stream music from the RX-V583 to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or to Bluetooth speakers.

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-v583/index.html

Yes you are right. It has Bluetooth transmitter. You can safely go for Yamaha. It is quite good for movies as well as music. Dealers push for products with better margins.

I am not sure whether I can copy & paste content from yamha official site or not but this is what mentioned in RX-V583 product page

Bluetooth Output for Convenient Music Streaming
The RX-V583 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology, making wireless operation more convenient than ever. You can stream music from the RX-V583 to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or to Bluetooth speakers.

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-v583/index.html
latency plays a vital role if u r planning to use the transmitter future for movies.
(plan before buying bluetooth receiver head set)

I know Denon X-1400H is a very flimsy product. I think it has IC output stage. Yamaha has meaty transformer and discrete power amplifier. Don't make mistake of going for denon.

I know Denon X-1400H is a very flimsy product. I think it has IC output stage. Yamaha has meaty transformer and discrete power amplifier. Don't make mistake of going for denon.

This is what Audioholics had to say abt Denon & Yamaha..

Abt Denon x 3300..
The Denon AVR-X3300W handedly outperformed the Yamaha RX-A860

The AVR-X3300W offered respectable output into 8 ohm and 4 ohm loads

That said, > 80 watts/ch with 5 channels driven is quite respectable for a "does everything" Atmos/DTS:X receiver at this price point

The AVR-X3300W offered very respectable continuous and dynamic power reserves for its product/price category.

Abt Yamaha RX-A860
Unlike the Yamaha RX-A860, which just didn't behave well with 4 ohm loads, the Denon AVR-X3300W didn't have a problem. It was able to output almost 180 watts/ch with 2 channels driven at 1% THD+N.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back