Connecting Home Theater to Samsung D6000 LED TV

andy78

I have recently purchased Samsung 46" TV D6000. I have a Sony Home Theater which I would like to connect to my TV. Which kind of cable should I look for and which port to be used both on Player and the TV. It looks like I may have to use Optical cable. Will post the pics soon.
Sony Home Theater Model is DAV DZ151 KB

Last edited:
Your TV must be supporting 'Audio return Channel', so I don't think you may need to use Optical Cable. I think below setup should be sufficient to receive 5.1/7.1 output from your Home Theater.
- Connect the HDMI OUT of your BluRay/STB to HDMI IN of Home Theater.
- HDMI OUT of Home Theater to HDMI IN of TV.

For the above set-up, 2 HDMI cables are required.
(And if you need Optical Cable, you can buy any decent Toslink Optical Cable.)

Anyways, it would be better if you mention your Home theater's model number as well. And apart from HT and TV, what other input sources you have (Better to specify exact model and make of Player/STB etc.) ?

Last edited:
Check whether your HTIB has optical input. If it has one then connect the optical out of your TV to the HT. If there is no optical or coaxial digital inputs, then you will need to use line input. Please post pics of your HTIB's back and front panel.

From the pics, your HT has no digital inputs. You can use only the line out or head phone out of your TV. Use LINE IN at the rear, or the AUDIO IN/MIC on the front panel.

Option 1. LINE OUT of TV to LINE IN of HT using RCA cable.
Option 2. Headphone out of TV to AUDIO IN/MIC on the front panel of HT.
Option 3. Line out of DTH STB to Line In of HT.

Option 1. LINE OUT of TV to LINE IN of HT using RCA cable.
Option 2. Headphone out of TV to AUDIO IN/MIC on the front panel of HT.
Option 3. Line out of DTH STB to Line In of HT.

Option1:In the TV I don't have Line out.
Option2:This option is what I tried currently. But don't seem to really get the desired output.
Option 3. No DTH yet.

^^ Upgrade your HT to Onkyo 3400.

Rightly said.

As for the solution, if you want a better output use the digital optical out of your tv, connect it to a digital to rca converter (looks like this http://www.amazon.de/Digital-Toslin...P0CS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334381396&sr=8-2),
and connect your ht with the converter using rca connection. This should give you a better output. But, you'll have to search for a decent digital to rca converter. You can try looking at amazon.de.

Last edited:
Rightly said.

As for the solution, if you want a better output use the digital optical out of your tv, connect it to a digital to rca converter (looks like this Digital Toslink / SPDIF zu Analog stereo 2xRCA Audio: Amazon.de: Elektronik),
and connect your ht with the converter using rca connection. This should give you a better output. But, you'll have to search for a decent digital to rca converter. You can try looking at amazon.de.

Thanks a lot bro_One of my friends was also suggesting the same. But you gave the exact details.
But looks like the converter is very expensive. Do you think the setup that I have done currently is effecting the quality?

Thanks a lot bro_One of my friends was also suggesting the same. But you gave the exact details.
But looks like the converter is very expensive. Do you think the setup that I have done currently is effecting the quality?

If you have connected headphone out of your tv to mic in of the ht, then yes. You can try another cheap option which should improve the sound quality. Connect the headphone out of your tv with TV/VIDEO IN of your ht using an ep to rca cable(looks like this http://www.ramelectronics.net/template-resources/images/RAM/Static/55-899.jpg).
This should improve the sound quality and the cable will cost you not more than Rs.500.

@ak47 So I guess I think I need to spend over 1k for this. Maybe Rs 500 for the optical cable and the other Rs 500 for the converter.

@ak47 So I guess I think I need to spend over 1k for this. Maybe Rs 500 for the optical cable and the other Rs 500 for the converter.

Thats one option. As I said in my previous post, you have a cheaper option although I am not sure if it will work. That is, just buying the ep to rca cable and connecting your headphone out of the tv with the R audio L audio in of your ht. Why I am suggesting this is that the poor SQ maybe due to the mic in of your ht, and not due to the head phones out of your tv. Try this method first, if it doesn't work, then go for option 1.

why are you using regular composite video to connect the dvd player? You need to use component video (3 colour cable) to hook up the dvd player to the tv. Component Video will give you the best pic quality. Composite video will give you inferior video quality. HDMI is the best but if your system does not have any, then use Component Video.

There is no digital audio on the system for 5.1, will have to make do with analog. You might want to consider upgrading to any 5.1 system later on.........perhaps the Onkyo HTS 3500, perfect entry level HT system.

Thats one option. As I said in my previous post, you have a cheaper option although I am not sure if it will work. That is, just buying the ep to rca cable and connecting your headphone out of the tv with the R audio L audio in of your ht. Why I am suggesting this is that the poor SQ maybe due to the mic in of your ht, and not due to the head phones out of your tv. Try this method first, if it doesn't work, then go for option 1.
Well I need to try this.
why are you using regular composite video to connect the dvd player? You need to use component video (3 colour cable) to hook up the dvd player to the tv. Component Video will give you the best pic quality. Composite video will give you inferior video quality. HDMI is the best but if your system does not have any, then use Component Video.
Aakash I'm not clear with your suggestions. Can you explain further?
There is no digital audio on the system for 5.1, will have to make do with analog. You might want to consider upgrading to any 5.1 system later on.........perhaps the Onkyo HTS 3500, perfect entry level HT system.
Right now don't have the budget for a new HT.

Can some mod please move this thread to Home Theater Section?
Also rename the thread title to
Connecting Home Theater to Samsung D6000 LED TV

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back