ConnectionLAB HTC-03 Premium 3m Optical/TOS Cable

jons

31-htc-03-premium-3m-toslink-cable-1-L.jpg

I needed optical cables for my home theatre to connect DVD to a reveiver (both are Yamaha).
Before I was using an analogue cable but I decided to check if an optical one could work better. The tune is decoded in the receiver then and the quality of the signal is much better indeed! I chose ConnectionLAB, cause I had their stuff beforehand and I was satisfied with it. Unfortunatelly I couldn't find it anywhere around my place so had to order it from their website, but it was pretty quick so all good.

I'm not one of these people who claim there is no difference between cables, obviously there is: the workmanship, the soldering - everyone who's into electronics just a little bit knows it matters.

So as the prpducer writes ConnectionLABs have 192kHz/24bit data transfer rate. I get the impression it gives more bass sound than the analogue cable, which is good!

What's more the cable is not stiff so it shouldn't break easily. To sum up, I will recommend it to everyone.

jon, jooon, are you still on this forum?? It's your 2nd connection lab review and I wanted to ask you about their HDMI cables? Are these as solid? Worth investing some cash?

What's more the cable is not stiff so it shouldn't break easily. To sum up, I will recommend it to everyone.

Avoid sharp bends in optical cables. Whilst you might actually break the fibre(s), before you get that far, you will degrade the signal. This is not at all a crazy cable theory: I have experienced it with boxes getting pushed back against the wall.

Your comparison is not of two different cables, but, primarily, of analogue and digital.

Absolutely, Thad E Ginathom!

As we're in the review section I could add mine, because I finally ordered these Connection Lab cables, so here's my few words:

Well, I like it. I am not one of those who get all enthusiastic about cables ;) but I like mine. First, I decided to pay a decent sum of money for these and I was hoping I won't be disappointed. Second, I like the packaging they came in: a box, not a plastic thing. It makes it look professional.
The Connection Lab cables itself: as johns wrote the soldering and workmanship looks pretty amazing. The contacts are solid chrominium and as for me, they look more reliable than plastic.
The cable doesn't have sharp bends, of which Thad E Ginathom worte. It is smooth and doesn't seem easy to break, really. It's flexible. Obviously, I write this positive review also because I cannot complain on the sound. I am using connection lab to my VCR DVD player and TV and I like the sound, of which I read so much. I've heard stories that many different cables give you differend quality of the sound. But Connection LAB in comparison to what I had before is stunning, which means I'm cool with these and recommend it :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back