Coolest way to listen to the music if you have the luxury of iPad

sudhishkv

Here is the best way to listen to the internet radio if you have an iPad and Wifi connection.

You need to download an application called "TuneIn Radio" and install it in your iPad. There are hundreds of channels to listen to. The best part is the album art which is displayed on the screen while a particular song is played. See the attached image.

I listen to a channel called Sky.FM Love Music which plays all the hit numbers in a very good quality. I can't really find any difference between an well recorded mp3 and this channel(I have a non audiofile ears).

Happy listening!:)

Sudhish.

Last edited:
I have been thinking of this too. I had asked a similar question in another subforum. Looks like tablets can be the next HTPC variant.

Apart from set stations, this might be a good way to listen to other web stations like raaga.com and musicindiaonline too. Have you tried this?

Try 1onAir Lounge. My favourite station.

Thanks for the app suggestion mate, was relying on vtuner on my seagate theater+ for Internet radio.

This app paired with airplay and an airport express is the perfect solution for me.
:eek:hyeah:

For easy internet radio listening , go for Radiosure application download in your pc ,it has more than 17k station around world, quality is ok.

alok,sudhish
thanks a lot for those radio stations

like the jazz theyre playing

Hold off before you break the champagne bottle open. While convenient, ip__ audio quality is below average at best when compared to other mobile players.

How is the sound quality of Ipod Touch as compared to Squeezbox touch ?

Here is the best way to listen to the internet radio if you have an iPad and Wifi connection.

You need to download an application called "TuneIn Radio" and install it in your iPad. There are hundreds of channels to listen to. The best part is the album art which is displayed on the screen while a particular song is played. See the attached image.

I listen to a channel called Sky.FM Love Music which plays all the hit numbers in a very good quality. I can't really find any difference between an well recorded mp3 and this channel(I have a non audiofile ears).

Happy listening!:)

Sudhish.

Thanks for this post Sudhish. I tried it yesterday and its really a cool app. Not all of the Tamil FM stations are available though.

A more apt thread title would be 'options for internet radio' Hope the mods tune into this thread.

My exact feeling.I thought the title and the subject make for quite a different meaning.
I happen to have all the three, iPhone , Ipod and iPad 2 and the same suggestion of tuning any radio station can be done on any of the above three.I don't quite get it why the thread title suggests to seem , this can be done only if you have luxury of ipad.
The Op while accepting my thanks for the article my give some thoughts to the title change.

A more apt thread title would be 'options for internet radio' Hope the mods tune into this thread.

If you have your music system connected to airport express, Listening using an IPAD is a totally different experience (Same would be possible using ipod touch and iphone). Just one device and you can listen and control media on your PC and internet

1) Radio (tunein, desi radio app, etc)
2) itunes (with your entire library on your pc)
3) xbmc (with all your media on your pc)
4) youtube
5) using airplay to play the media lying on your PC in your bedroom tv.
6) with redeye remote, the IPAD also becomes your universal remote.
7) teamviewer app to login to your pc from the IPAD and carry out any activity.

To summarize IPAD allows you to play your media on any tv or music system(s) lying in any corner of your house connected to airport express or apple tv. The tight integration with other apple products makes the IPAD too convenient for me to use anything else.

Doing the same with other device like android etc is definitely not so cool.

i hope this is not a repeat question but, if i have an iPad 2 only, i.e., no other apple device (or even a PC), and if i have a regular 2 channel music system, what more would i need connected to my 2 ch system to run (wirelessly, I guess) what the iPad 2 sees on the internet off the 2 ch system pl.? enabling my signature block for more inputs on my present setup.

i hope this is not a repeat question but, if i have an iPad 2 only, i.e., no other apple device (or even a PC), and if i have a regular 2 channel music system, what more would i need connected to my 2 ch system to run (wirelessly, I guess) what the iPad 2 sees on the internet off the 2 ch system pl.? enabling my signature block for more inputs on my present setup.

You will need airport express. You can use airport express to replace your existing broadband router. The airport express has a 3.5 mm stereo socket to which you can insert a regular 3.5 mm jack or a toslink cable. The other end can go into your music system. Once you have setup your airport express, it will show up as airspeaker in your itunes program on any pc connected to the same wi-fi network. The airspeaker will also show up on your ipad and you can route any audio on your ipad to the airspeaker and get played on your 2 channel music system.

You can see how this works here

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/images/overview_expressathome_20110811.jpg#overlay-expressathome

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back