Cosmic Cogram 4000 MKII

Hi!

The tonearm is a economy model from Jelco. The motor is also sourced from Japan. Thr plywood plinth and acrylic cover are made in India.

Mera Bharat Mahan

Cheers

analogadikt

Since my JVC is busted for now I am using my reserve TT - the Cosmic Cogram 4000 MKII. Anyone else out there using this TT for daily use? I think it sounds better than the ProJect Genie I used to own, but not as good as the JVC. I've put my Denon DL110 that I was using on the JVC on this and it sounds pretty decent..

Yes Cogram 4000 Mark II and Cogram 4000 are both good TTs. The Jelco arm for both these players along with heavy platter makes these players sound much better than the new plastic ones. But they tend to have speed variations
kuruvilajacob

Yes Cogram 4000 Mark II and Cogram 4000 are both good TTs. The Jelco arm for both these players along with heavy platter makes these players sound much better than the new plastic ones. But they tend to have speed variations
kuruvilajacob

Agree with Kuruvilajacob, the are definitely not accurate enough on the speed front but ok for normal listening. They are referred to as cocktail turntables as they were made out of components sourced from different manufacturers. Anyone heard the old EMI Sonic turntable which was sold as part of the EMI Sonic system in the late 70s, early 80s. Guess this was a Pioneer table which was re-badged.

A lot of cosmic stuff were rebadged Akai stuff, think their most famous rebadge was the legendary GX39 cassette deck. My father had a huge cassette collection, recorded on the original Akai version of this deck.

Since my JVC is busted for now I am using my reserve TT - the Cosmic Cogram 4000 MKII. Anyone else out there using this TT for daily use? I think it sounds better than the ProJect Genie I used to own, but not as good as the JVC. I've put my Denon DL110 that I was using on the JVC on this and it sounds pretty decent..

hi, tek
i too have the same tt cosmic 4000 . i think its mk I , fantastic TT.
heavy in weight. no stroboscope. wooden body very sturdy piece.
i use the tt daily its connected to my setup right know.
i use a shure m55 ed with original stylus. original phono cables changed to
monster rca cables. i laso changed the platter rubber to a thick one from a scrap akai tt. i have lots of shell with cartdiges installed on it nearly 10-12 . of those . i change them according to my mood.
my list of shells with cartridges r
1- shure-447
2-ortofone ff15xe with jvc adj shell
3-sansui- sc-50
4-pioneer pc 50
5-audio technica
6- classic 700 ( yellow) blk also
7- shure m55ed. etc.
bye.

Dear friends,

I want to replace the cartridge in my Cosmic COGRAM 4000 MK II direct drive turntable.Which cartridge will be compatible to this TT and from where can I source it in our country?I request our friends to kindly suggest one.

Thanking you,

pksnathan

Hi pksnathan,

I think it comes with a removable headshell, you can opt for a AT 91 (Rs2000/-) or AT-95 ($50 to be imported). Contact Sasikumar @ Ritchie street (search forum for contact info), for AT-91,

If you are interested I have a unused Shure M97xE with a spare stylus, which I propose to put up for sale shortly.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Hi pksnathan,

I think it comes with a removable headshell, you can opt for a AT 91 (Rs2000/-) or AT-95 ($50 to be imported). Contact Sasikumar @ Ritchie street (search forum for contact info), for AT-91,

If you are interested I have a unused Shure M97xE with a spare stylus, which I propose to put up for sale shortly.

N.Murali[/QUOTE

Dear Murali,

I thank you for the valuable input you have provided.I have sent you a PM.

Thanking you,
Sincerely,

pksnathan

Hi..
I have a Cosmic Co gram 2000 TT desperately needs a Belt and stylus.. does anyone here know where i can get these spares??

Puru
Bangalore

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back