Cosmic Cogram 4000 MKII

Hi All - Just discovered a COSMIC COGRAM 4000 MKII gathering dust in my uncle's office...Plugged it in - it works. Counting my blessings. I'm a novice when it comes to TT but my initial take -
- Tone-arm seems to be in a disarray..
- Cartridge and stylus are way past their prime
(guess thats obvious for a TT lying unused for more than 2 decades)

Encouraged by the positive comments I came across in the forum about this Model I'm determined to do a Benjamin Buttton to this TT.

Reaching out to all for references of restorers/hobbyists in Bangalore/Hyderabad who could help me get this back in sound shape (pun intended). Please assist.

Thanks!

Does anyone having the manual of Cosmic Cogram 4000 MKII?

I don't have any manuals. I am posting the link to see my Cosmic 4000 modifications. It differs from MKII in pitch control and stroboscopic plotter.
I noticed it is sounding better then other TTs which i have. Tested with same cartridge and stylus. It has a quartz stepper motor.

Cosmic 4000

Last edited:
Excellent restoration Raghu, looks stunning, interesting to know that it beats 1200 in sound reproduction.
- sann'

Excellent restoration Raghu, looks stunning, interesting to know that it beats 1200 in sound reproduction.
- sann'

Sann,

Yes I noticed it is better than SL1200 IMHO. Because of its tonearm and quartz stepper motor. I have tested few records with same cartridge and stylus.

You are ace DIYer of us. As always one more neat job. Congratulations!

Sann,

Yes I noticed it is better than SL1200 IMHO. Because of its tonearm and quartz stepper motor. I have tested few records with same cartridge and stylus.

I have 1200 with tonearm damped and rewired. That thing changes league of 1200. Its not than bad too. :) Otherwise it's technically correct DJ TT, built like tank.

Sann and few others already had listened to it.

Last edited:
The hot-rod cogram looks superb, great idea for mounting the transformer too. I was speaking with fm cmsajith in the recent past and he had plans to do something similar with a Technics direct drive TT. Great stuff.

I don't have any manuals. I am posting the link to see my Cosmic 4000 modifications. It differs from MKII in pitch control and stroboscopic plotter.
I noticed it is sounding better then other TTs which i have. Tested with same cartridge and stylus. It has a quartz stepper motor.

Cosmic 4000

:clapping: Thanks Mr.Raghunadh for posting the pics Fantastic CORGAM-4000 modifications i too have one thou :sad:in a very bad condition looking at your take on CORGAM-4000 I got little confidence:licklips: I hope you will help me fix it & what else you have of Cosmic make Mr.Raghunadh any speakers etc if so pls email me few pics [email protected]

Gents
Any better suggestions for lubricating spindle on Cogram 4000 MK II

Hi guys,
My name is Varun Badola. I know that nothing has been posted on this thread for long. But I hope my message would revive it. There is an offer to buy a cosmic 4000 mk ii for 10000. It is in good working condition, though I still have to audition it. But is 10,000 a good price or high? Thanks

Heve'nt seen the turntable first hand but from the price mentioned, I would believe that it is definitely highly priced. Cosmic turntables are usually priced in the 4k-6k range depending on the condition, but some sellers talk about Cosmic turntables coming with Jelco tonearms and increase the price. You've also not mentioned what cartridge it comes with. I have known sellers to put forward Cosmic turntables fitted with brand new Shure M44-7 cartridges. For such cases, 10k is a near a fair price as a new Shure M44-7 costs around 4k.

10K is high. Also, some do not have a Jelco tonearm but a slightly shorter Sony tonearm. That one is also good but it is not a Jelco SA50.

Regards,

There is also a cosmic cogram 2000 bd which needs complete refurbishing. Apart from the cart, all other parts are there. For 750 bucks i am thinking of picking it up and making it new. I have little knowledge of electronics but have friends who are willing to help. This might sound stupid but is it worth? Don't go by the 750 bucks but the time the whole restoration will take and the availability of parts. Thanks.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back