Cosmic Lab Series

I am in total agreement with you SDK. Though I do not own any Cosmic products as of now but I have a special liking for it as I have worked in Cosmic factory at Andheri (E) for a month after passing my SSC to gain some practical knowledge of circuit board assly, soldering, etc. We knew the owners also. My brother in law (who passed away recently) was a good friend of Cosmic guys and was a technical director of Navras Records of UK. He was using cosmic amps and speakers in his home since according to him, cosmic is most suited for indian classical music which is highly intricate and demanding. Some of my relatives are owners of Cosmic systems (amp / speakers / TT). They are not using it and so I have asked them to sell the system to me......

I am in total agreement with you SDK. Though I do not own any Cosmic products as of now but I have a special liking for it as I have worked in Cosmic factory at Andheri (E) for a month after passing my SSC to gain some practical knowledge of circuit board assly, soldering, etc. We knew the owners also. My brother in law (who passed away recently) was a good friend of Cosmic guys and was a technical director of Navras Records of UK. He was using cosmic amps and speakers in his home since according to him, cosmic is most suited for indian classical music which is highly intricate and demanding. Some of my relatives are owners of Cosmic systems (amp / speakers / TT). They are not using it and so I have asked them to sell the system to me......

Friend,

I have heard through my father's friends about Cosmic turntable,amps and speakers though I did not possess one.I have seen ads about Cosmic products during my college days and even later. From them I could make it out that Cosmic products are probably one of the best of it's kind in India at that point of time during 70's and 80's.About 7 years back I bought a Cosmic 4000 MK II turntable through online and it served me well and I sold it a year back due to some technical problems.May I ask you why Cosmic products stopped production if I am not mistaken?

Thanking you,

pksnathan

Cosmic was owned by three brothers - Rameshbhai, Bharatbhai & Kishorebhai. All three were really gem of a person and technocrats. I believe they shifted works to Vadodra due to labour problems / high cost of electricity/ etc. But soon they wound up the business as their grown up children were not interested in carrying on this business. This is a very common cause for most of the companies who stop the business and one can not and should not enforce children to continue the family business they don't want to.

>>>>>>>.He was using cosmic amps and speakers in his home since according to him, cosmic is most suited for indian classical music which is highly intricate and demanding. Some of my relatives are owners of Cosmic systems (amp / speakers / TT). They are not using it and so I have asked them to sell the system to me......

If they have more than one of the LAB series amps and the higher number Covoxes then do let me buy one too :)

Gopal

I am a huge Cosmic fan, to the utter disgust of my friends.

These johhny come latelys who critisize Cosmic and Arphi products all the time have no clue about the sound they produce nor about the sacrifice that our parents made to buy them as well as the sentiment attached to them.

I think in 1981 when my dad bought our cosmic system, consisting of the Tape Deck, CO-60 and Covox 2500 speakers, it must have cost him about two months of salary.

Currently i have 4 Cosmic amps, 2 CO-60 one silver and one black as well as two CO-100, both black. All are currently lying with Mr. Gopi for refurbishment following a FM's refferal. Hopefully they will all come back fully functional. Spares are a major problem not to mention expertise to repair these old beauties.

I am on the lookout for a reasonably priced Stereomaster amp.

Currently i have Covox 4500, secondhand with one speakers rebuilt with new drivers. As well as Arphi Mini Monitors, Super Challengers and Aquarius.

Gopal

Lovely knowing this Gopal :)

True its very saddening, Especially how much sentimentally we are attached to them. Only bcuz they never heard the right combination of Cosmic components.

Just bcuz they are shelling 7 figures on their Sound system doesnt mean our's are inferior in any way it just proves they are very wealthy ppl, I respect them

& appreciate their Sound systems But not their opnions. Even my Cousins use to go for only high end imported vintage Amps, Speakers, Cassette decks,& fully automatic TT's,

Every Christmas but none of their decks were capable of Producing sound like our Cosmic's did & whenever ppl use to come to purchase their stuff on first floor [Same Building]

We use to play high bass content tracks in ground floor Immediately those guys use to come down to listen our Cosmic & request us to sell them :lol:

Even all my relative's,Cousin's Friend's Friend's were Fans of our Cosmic Deck Once my Father took it to his office [ASRC] all colleagues & foreigners were awestruck by our

Cosmic thats when TT's cover was broken :sad:

My Father too bought stereomaster LAB 3000, COVOX 5000, COGRAM 4000 in early 80's only from Mr.Balu SAMRAT marketing himayat nagar only they use to keep complete

Cosmic range in display Karnatak Music House guys were also very famous for Cosmic products I'm still in touch with them & Mr.Gaurang [Bombay] Mr.Vinod[Vadodara] also

Sadly none of them are Interested in Cosmic anymore Except Vinod

Stereomaster series Amplifiers are very rare & superior in construction they dont have conventional heatsinks instead they come with dense aluminiun chassis which dissipates

heat very efficently I remember once we started playing music right from morning till late night trust me nothing happen infact by afternoon sound was improved a lot wher as

MK II have normal bodys with little heatsinks & vents also to get dirty but I love them too I'm also in the lookout for a reasonably priced LAB 6000 MK II it will match to my

Covox 7000 [8 Ohm]speakers nicely be very careful when purchasing stereomaster amps these are almost impossible to repair so listen whether sound is equal in both channels

specifically Bass I purchased a amp from Mr.Prakash waghmare few years back it had a problem so i returned it immediately cuz i was not ready to suffer same things all over

again later one of my cousin's friend purchased the very same amp but it was rectified & gave me for few days & took my covox4500 as I had Cosmic:2500+JBL he just wanted

a amp in exchange while listening I found out it still had the problem all Knob controls, Transistors were changed so obviously sound was affected so i again gave it back to him

Then I decided to sell off both my Covox 4500, 2500 speakers for Covox 7000 now I'm little happy with my Music system.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

DSC02026.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02078.jpg

Soon I'll post my TT's 703D's pics & The Knobs of LAB 3000 stereomaster are of CO 12 stereomaster they are made from billet aluminium & before purchasing Covox7000 I tried

Cosmic LAB series stereomaster speakers Model 12X9 [new] but without original boxes only Cosmic Speaker bags are supplied with it somehow I did not liked it I prefered a 12"

Fullrange in a TL Instead of 12" woofer sandwiched between 6 midranges 2 tweeters anyway & In Covox 4500 All drivers were imported of Philips holland

I am in total agreement with you SDK. Though I do not own any Cosmic products as of now but I have a special liking for it as I have worked in Cosmic factory at Andheri (E) for a month after passing my SSC to gain some practical knowledge of circuit board assly, soldering, etc. We knew the owners also.

WOW Lucky you wish i too was a mumbaikar hope & wish you someday help me meet Cosmic owners Mr.AV55

Originally Posted by AV55 View Post
>>>>>>>.He was using cosmic amps and speakers in his home since according to him, cosmic is most suited for indian classical music which is highly intricate and demanding. Some of my relatives are owners of Cosmic systems (amp / speakers / TT). They are not using it and so I have asked them to sell the system to me......

Me Me Me :lol: Pls let me know which Amplifiers, Speakers, TT's are ther with them Mr.AV55 even if you dont let us have it atleast let us have a pleasure of seeing these

Masterpieces In Pics it would be a pleasure for all Cosmic owners & Worshippers

Originally Posted by AV55 View Post
>>>>>>>.Cosmic was owned by three brothers - Rameshbhai, Bharatbhai & Kishorebhai. All three were really gem of a person and technocrats. I believe they shifted works to Vadodra due to labour problems / high cost of electricity/ etc. But soon they wound up the business as their grown up children were not interested in carrying on this business. This is a very common cause for most of the companies who stop the business

Even Bolton was ended for the very same reasons now they have a Protein supplements going on in the same shop [Skytone] Delhi chandni chowk wher they once sold

Complete range of speakers & Thanks soo much Mr.AV55 for letting us know The Owners names Wish I could meet them before I endup dead just to Thank them a LOT

cuz whenever I spoke to Mr.Gaurang I could not hear him saying Cosmic owners names properly but he sent me few old Cosmic brochure after lot of requests.

God Bless hifivision abundantly

Last edited:
The photos are in thumbnails and can't be zoomed in. Please could you put up links for larger hi-res images?
TIA
Gopal

Last edited:
can any one tell me information behind Car-Mag switch in cosmic lab 3000 amplifier.

can any one tell me cosmic lab 3000 amplifier behind one littel Swich named CAR-MAG what works this switch please tell me.

can any one tell me cosmic lab 3000 amplifier behind one littel Swich named CAR-MAG what works this switch please tell me.

Hi Vijay,

Welcome to HFV & Happy New Year

Its "CER" & MAG it is for selecting which type of Cartridge your Turntable/Record player has example CER means Ceramic MAG means Magnetic.

Which speakers you paired with LAB 3000 ?

Happy New Year ! to Hifivision Team & All my Friends :)

I have cosmic lab 3000 but but I want to know about CAR-MAG switch behind this amplifier what is work this switch please tell me.

Hi Vijay,

Welcome to HFV & Happy New Year

Its "CER" & MAG it is for selecting which type of Cartridge your Turntable/Record player has example CER means Ceramic MAG means Magnetic.

Which speakers you paired with LAB 3000 ?

Happy New Year ! to Hifivision Team & All my Friends :)

first thanks sir for replay. I use sony ss s440 3 way speackers system pair.can you please more explain this.I dont understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vijay I did explained it but it seems you are not familiar with Phono/Turntables/Record players "LP"

Anyway Turntables/Record players need these CER Ceramic or MAG Magnetic Cartridges to playback LP's or Records.

If you dont have a Turntable/Record Player just forget it.

first thanks sir for replay. I use sony ss s440 3
way speackers system pair.can you please more
explain this.I dont understand.

ooh Vijay kadi

:rolleyes: :lol: ;) Buddy Sorry I asked abt your Speakers I regret that now & Now I'm aware abt your sony ss s440 3
way speackers system pair that you are using with Cosmic LAB 3000 Amplifier.

But just answer do u have a Turntable I mean Record Player or not if u dont have it just forget abt CAR & MAD ok.

Now I understood why 99.99999 percent FM's avoid these Questions;)

I guess these posts suppose to be in Audiophile Jokes:p or may endup ther someday :lol:

:lol:

Last edited:
at least he sent u the catalogs
u hv to accept there is no cosmic and to find old things which are useless and sned it to u

Did you replyed to me if so I'm Glad Sir yes I really would like to have even non working Cosmic components they will be useful for my working Cosmic products.;)

Yes its very Sad Cosmic is closed:sad:

Its really Wonderful having you here Sir.:)

Thanks soo Much for Replying ! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Hi I am interested in buying Cosmic Covox 6000 or Cosmic COVOX 7000 speakers (in original condition-that is not repaired so far)

Hi Mishra Ji,

Did you found Cosmic Covox 7000 Speakers?
If so kindly post their pictures.

Thanks !
Aaron K. Nikhil

Hello,
I finally find a pair of Cosmic Covox2500 speakers, physical condition is really bed, cones are punctured but it sounds amazing...
for the purpose of renovate i opened box and it surprised me with 3way crossover inside.. and crossover in 80s was a big thing. now i m in search of 6" mid drivers by boltan. cuz the originals are dead. and i m not able to find that drivers anywere.. plz help me to find the drivers

Back