Cosmic Lab Series

amazing....just look at that rear...can put any big-wig amp to shame...not sure how they sounded though, we never owned one!!
My humble personal opinion.Used to have lab3k,6k and cosmic k8 tape deck( with feather touch buttons).Also bevox 3ways spkrs.FS.Also Cox graphic EQ.Cosmic turntables with sme arm.Used to belt out deep purple and rolling stone LP's. The sound of today's systems IMO are way ahead.However the typical quasi complementary output topology I think....using 2n3xxx TO3 BJTs did a good job in those days .I did open a amp a few years ago out of curiosity.Dont have any with now .Only the TT but it's not with me as I don't do vinyls or tape

I'd love to own one too...never had one at home but I used to sit as a 10 year old kid and admire them on their full page adverts on the back cover of Elektor magazines back in the early 80s...cosmic does not exist any more.
Yes the drool factor of the advt on the last page !!!!

Hi Everyone. Is there anyone in Hyderabad who can repair Cosmic Amplifiers? Would be great if someone can share any contacts.

Have a couple of brochures from Cosmic that my father had got long time back! Not sure of the year when he had got them. Enjoy! :)

B1-P1.jpgB1-P2.jpgB1-P3.jpgB1-P4.jpgB2-P1.jpgB2-P2.jpgB2-P3.jpgB2-P4.jpgB2-P5.jpgB2-P6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still remember as a kid my first encounter with Hifi ....a Cosmic CD100 amplifier, Covox 4500 series speakers and their legendary problematic logic control cassette deck!

Hi Everyone,
One of the nicest sounds that I remember hearing from younger days was the Cosmic Lab Series amplifier. Do they make them anymore? If they do I wouldnt mind buying one.
cheers
mishmash
It was good for those days,but pales in front of even moderate competitors today.

very nice and the habit of writing the prices on the brochure after a visit to a dealer was quite common in those times :)

honestly, with so very few options available in India in those times, COSMIC was a brand that got us as close as possible to the Japanese stuff (some of their turntables and cassette decks had either sourced parts or were completely rebadged Japanese stuff.

this guy seems to have a collection of cosmic stuff for sale (no affiliation with the seller, just sharing out of common interest)

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back