Croma sells me a used cellphone?

amp

Hello everybody!

I bought a "new" Karbonn phone from Croma yesterday and the "sealed" pack was opened by the salesperson in front of me. On getting home when I checked the Photo Gallery, it had pictures of someone's children taken at their house. Picture details say that these were on 2nd August. There are also a few pictures of the store. Clearly the phone has been used by someone and then returned back to Croma.

I am of course taking this up with Croma but thought would check if someone else has had a similar experience. If yes, how was the response from the retailer?

Cheers,
AMP

It's not uncommon I suppose.

It may be quite a hard work to win a legal battle with the evidences you have, but it is certainly doable. However, the time and efforts needed are worth or not is for you to decide.

You have enough evidence to fight with the seller though. If you pressurize him, he may admit the wrong doing. But even then, what do you get in the end? May be a replacement, a new phone? I am sure nothing more than that. Sad but this is the best that can happen I guess.

Lucky you, it's something not so expensive, so you won't be that badly hurt.

Sad. It seems in India, anything can happen to anyone. :mad:

I do not think you really have to fight this case through legal route. If enough escalations are done, I think Croma will give in and get you a replacement since it is obvious the set is used; ie a phone bought today having a picture taken before.

But again as ranjeet says, what you get may not be so different from what you have. I still feel it could be worth to try, since the temporary owner returned it for a reason. It could be something to do with the camera? Since it was clicked at the store to prove something was wrong?

Agreed - the best case scenario is getting a replacement but I am not expecting anything more than that anyways.

The phone is in a good condition and there are no visible scratches or any issues which I have been able to identify. My mom (the phone was bought for her) has got into her head that the temp owner could have been a gangster who used it for something illegal! :D I know ..sounds a bit outrageous but who can argue with Moms?

Will speak to Croma and update you guys on how they take it!

My mom (the phone was bought for her) has got into her head that the temp owner could have been a gangster who used it for something illegal! :D I know ..sounds a bit outrageous but who can argue with Moms?

What if it was?Sound like a premise for a great movie. Someone should explore it...

@ajopaul - the phone didn't have any memory card. the photos were on the phone's internal memory. it was definitely used as I later realised that the new phone comes with a scratch guard but this phone already had a scratch guard on which I didn't notice initially.

The guys at Croma replaced the phone with a new one. I have no doubt that the salesman purposefully handed over a used phone. I've put in a complaint and the store manager was supposed to call but haven't heard back.

I am happy that atleast I got a new phone - one that I had paid for.

Well...at least they replaced it with a new phone. Sorry state of affairs...dishonest piglets everywhere !!!

AMP, I am glad you didn't take it lying low.

The whole problem with our system is that we choose to ignore such wrongdoings in order to get on with our as it is busy life. Thus encourage such people to do the same with others. (Who wouldn't want to succeed again and again?)

If a seller/service provider knows they will have to pay for their wrongdoings, they will not do so. Such incidents would reduce in number a great deal. Therefore, anyone who has been wronged must not choose to ignore for the sake of convenience. By ignoring these, we only encourage such things.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back