Croma

himeshj

Bought a LG 50PQ70 and an Acer desktop from Croma this Diwali. My experience:
  • Do not rely on the salespeople to guide you. Most of the times, their knowledge of the products is less than yours. Moreover, they sometimes mislead you intentionally or out of sheer ignorance. Do your own research both on products and prices if you want a good deal.
  • Due to the Diwali season, stores were extremely crowded and nobody paid attention to you. However, once the negotiations were over, bill was promptly made.
  • Got the delivery of both products within 24 hrs. In case of the desktop, it took 12 days and many phonecalls to get the bundled free printer since it was out of stock.
  • Installation of the LG was done within 48 Hrs. Haven't done wall mounting as I need to get some woodwork done before that. The service engg. told me that within 24 hrs from my call, wall mounting will be done. They will also provide the brackets free of charge.
  • There seems to be a dead pixel on the right corner which shines green when the background is white or light coloured. Inspite to complaining to Croma, nobody from LG has come to address it so far. Need to call LG, directly I guess.

Well I got my wall mount with me & took LCD in my car from R-city mall ,Croma.They took 1hr to pack the product.I got call from them for wall mounting twice.
So it was 50:50 for me.

i took my plasma along with me in my car. i had to fold my backseat to fit the pack piece in my swift :). didnt want to take any chance of replacing it with demo piece. it was on Saturday.

Being Sunday a holiday, the service ppl come to my house on Monday evening along with bracket and everything. Using their mercury level they marked on the wooden panel. by the naked eye i could sense that there was at least 2 cm difference in level within TY's width. so i had re mark it using my measuring tape. that was the only porblem i faced during the installation.

need to say, the bracket is excellent.

i took my plasma along with me in my car. i had to fold my backseat to fit the pack piece in my swift :). didnt want to take any chance of replacing it with demo piece. it was on Saturday.

Being Sunday a holiday, the service ppl come to my house on Monday evening along with bracket and everything. Using their mercury level they marked on the wooden panel. by the naked eye i could sense that there was at least 2 cm difference in level within TY's width. so i had re mark it using my measuring tape. that was the only porblem i faced during the installation.

need to say, the bracket is excellent.

A piece of advise.
Never carry a plasma TV from showroom to your home in your car yourself. Although neatly packed, the plasma needs expert handling and tend to damage just due to faulty placement of the box. Nevertheless, all the transit risk will be yours if you choose to carry the box at your own. This is based on my personal experience.
Vinod

A piece of advise.
Never carry a plasma TV from showroom to your home in your car yourself. Although neatly packed, the plasma needs expert handling and tend to damage just due to faulty placement of the box. Nevertheless, all the transit risk will be yours if you choose to carry the box at your own. This is based on my personal experience.
Vinod

thank you vinod, in fact the mode of transport of the showroom is a three wheeler. i think the car is better than that.. but yes, the way of placement, in car only option is to keep it horizontally. it may not be recommended. But the road from the store to my home is smooth. and luckily nothing happened so far.

I had my TV , 42PQ60 wall mounted last week.
The stand that came with my Plasma can Tilt Up. Unfortunately, those guys tightened the swivel mechanism so tight that we couldnt swivel it up.. :(

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back