crown amplifiers??

hi manu,

an amp which can drive 4 ohm speakers will always easily drive 8 ohm speakers. so while buying an amp, i would always choose an amp which has the capability to drive 4 ohm load. an amp which is rated only for 8 ohm speakers will find it very difficult to drive 4 ohm speakers and then the choice of speaker is significantly limited. a lot of commercially available speakers are 4 -6 ohms.

at present i am driving 8 ohm speaksrs through my power mixer.:)

got it bhai :) though i need sometime in choosing amp and also i contact mr. sandeep of audire and waiting for hs reply to see what prices he'll give me

Anyone knows who is the distributor/dealer for Crown PA Amplifiers in India? I am looking for one to power my sub-woofer. Anilva uses a CE-2000 to power his dual subs but guess he got it from US. I have only one sub, I would like to use the spare channel to drive bass-shaker(s) (sometime down the lane).

I thought they were not represented in India until recently when I saw two amps being used in Music World in Hyderbad. On enquiring the chap at the counter did not have a clue except that they had bought one of them quite recently.

Santhosh - you may like to bridge for more power.
You didn't like inuke? It has DSP in built so that you can adjust your sub's room response.

Santhosh - you may like to bridge for more power.
You didn't like inuke? It has DSP in built so that you can adjust your sub's room response.
Sure, it all depends on the power rating of the amp. I am looking at a kilowatt. I have not yet contacted the distributor that Venkat posted, so not sure what spec models are available here.

Not sure about iNuke buddy, please post a link. I only need a subwoofer amp as I have already built a subwoofer based on the Shiva x2 driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon.com: Behringer NU6000DSP iNuke Ultra-Lightweight, High-Density 6000-Watt Power Amplifier with DSP Control and USB Interface: UniqueSquared

I *think* amazon US can ship it to India. But voltage maybe an issue. amazon.de may also ship it - needs to be checked.

More details here - BEHRINGER: NU6000DSP

Ultra-Lightweight, High-Density 6000-Watt Power Amplifier with DSP Control and USB Interface
Delivers 2 x 3000 Watts into 4 Ohms, 2 x 1500 Watts into 8 Ohms and weighs less than 12 lbs / 5.5 kg
Ultimate reliability through revolutionary cool-running High-Density Class-D technology with "near-zero" thermal buildup
Ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
High-performance DSP and 24-bit/96 kHz converters deliver ultimate signal integrity and extreme dynamic range
DSP section features sophisticated delay, crossover (3 filter types, up to 48 dB/octave), EQ (8 parametric, 2 dynamic), dynamics processing and lockable security settings
Front panel LCD display enables setup and adjustment without PC
Can be set up, controlled and monitored via front panel USB connector. Powerful remote software downloadable at behringer.com
"Zero-Attack" limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for perfect subwoofer operation
Detented and illuminated gain controls for precise level setting
Precise 4-segment Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance
XLR and 1/4'' TRS combination input connectors for compatibility with any source
Professional twist-lock speaker connectors for ultimate reliability
Independent DC, LF and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
Back-to-front ventilation system prevents thermal buildup for reliable operation

and there are lower powered versions as well like 3000DSP. Or you may purchase a different amp, and separate behringer DSP for less. DSP is going to help you reduce boom for certain frequencies that your room may boost, while raising level for others.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back