Customs & Duties to import speakers ?

MTP

Hi,

Would anyone have an idea about the duties and customs to import speakers from the US to India ? I have been looking for info on the net but couldnt find it anywhere, I am hoping somone can help me out here.

Thanks

Prashant

Hi,

Would anyone have an idea about the duties and customs to import speakers from the US to India ? I have been looking for info on the net but couldnt find it anywhere, I am hoping somone can help me out here.

Thanks

Prashant

I have been trying to figure out the same as I would like to import a CD Player.

Accoring to section 8518, 8519 & 8520 of CBEC the customs duty is 12.5%

Any further inputs from people who have actually imported stuff into India would be appreciated.

Approx is 50 % all inclusive.

There is a crazy working.

Basically the cost is about 50 % to 60 % [depending on Freight Charge Component & C & F Charges & Octroi included or not].

This is on your CIF Price - Indian Port.

I could look it up and post the exact break up, but you gave got a ball park idea with this.

36 % seems to be a bit less, but I am not sure so I shall go with it !!!

Last edited:
Hi, you can import maximum weight of 22 kgs to India (44 lbs)
If you want more information you can go to USPS.com web site.
Customs duty is 36%. Hope this helps.

Regards, Anil

Hi,

Thanks

Prashant

Thank you Anil!

I can now look forward to importing a Rega Apollo CD Player.

Anil,

You wrote that the max weight should be 22 kg..
Would you know if:

In the case of speakers would that be for each speaker...because a FS would easily be that much if not more.....

also, if they wree shipped in one container, woudl it be treated as one item or two?

thanks
ckn

USPS maximum weight for India is 22kgs. It will be delevered by India post after customs payment at post office. Regarding getting the item thro container, i do not know. I bought integrated amps on ebay.US
They ship only through USPS. Shipping will be very expensive if you get it through UPS OR FEDEX. Please chk the attachment for details. Insurance is a must.

Regards, Anil

Anil,

You wrote that the max weight should be 22 kg..
Would you know if:

In the case of speakers would that be for each speaker...because a FS would easily be that much if not more.....

also, if they wree shipped in one container, woudl it be treated as one item or two?

thanks
ckn

Last edited:
Thank you Anil!

I can now look forward to importing a Rega Apollo CD Player.

Hi, please let me know your experience in importing the Rega Apollo.

I am looking for one (else a CEC CD5300 from pricejapan.com!!)

Hi, please let me know your experience in importing the Rega Apollo.

I am looking for one (else a CEC CD5300 from pricejapan.com!!)

I still have not found a online seller for the Rega Apollo. If you do come across any please let me know.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back