DAC suggestion for Streaming TIDAL from iPAD

I installed the VPN, went to my iCloud, used my existing login credentials, changed my country and downloaded the app. Later on , I relogged into my account with India as the home country.
Yeah that is exactly what I had to do for Tidal and Qobuz for downloading them, account creation required the VPN.

Last edited:
hey ! its pretty easy. Get Hola VPN installed and download tidal. Once done, get subscription from Turkey which cost TRY 19.99 which comes to approx 250 INR a month.
I have surfshark VPN on both my PC and all my other devices (Ipad Pro and Galaxy S9+) and using it, i got a Tidal Turkey subcription which i use on my PC. I While getting the subscription and installing it on the PC using surfshark wasn't a problem, the VPN doesn't help circumvent the geofence on the App store on Ipad and Playstore on Galaxy S9. I'll try using both the methods suggested by you and @kapvin and check back

I have surfshark VPN on both my PC and all my other devices (Ipad Pro and Galaxy S9+) and using it, i got a Tidal Turkey subcription which i use on my PC. I While getting the subscription and installing it on the PC using surfshark wasn't a problem, the VPN doesn't help circumvent the geofence on the App store on Ipad and Playstore on Galaxy S9. I'll try using both the methods suggested by you and @kapvin and check back
It will work since I also stream from my mac without any VPn

I installed the VPN, went to my iCloud, used my existing login credentials, changed my country and downloaded the app. Later on , I relogged into my account with India as the home country.
I did not know you could do that. Is it because you have no subscription linked to your icloud account? In my case, it asked me to cancel all my subscriptions before changing the country.

I did not know you could do that. Is it because you have no subscription linked to your icloud account? In my case, it asked me to cancel all my subscriptions before
I did not know you could do that. Is it because you have no subscription linked to your icloud account? In my case, it asked me to cancel all my subscriptions before changing the country.
Tidal is not operating in India. Hence you cannot find the app in store. I was asked to do the same when i was about to change my country. I simply ignored. Went ahead and installed the app. Once i logged back with India as country of origin, the subscription got automatically reinstated.

creating a new account with US address is not possible anymore since they would ask for mobile number verification for host country with OTP

Tidal is not operating in India. Hence you cannot find the app in store. I was asked to do the same when i was about to change my country. I simply ignored. Went ahead and installed the app. Once i logged back with India as country of origin, the subscription got automatically reinstated.

creating a new account with US address is not possible anymore since they would ask for mobile number verification for host country with OTP
No, I meant have iTunes subscription and iCloud family subscription. I think you need to cancel those subscriptions before changing the country. do you have any subscription through the Apple store? And still able to change country?

No, I meant have iTunes subscription and iCloud family subscription. I think you need to cancel those subscriptions before changing the country. do you have any subscription through the Apple store? And still able to change country?
I just downloaded Tidal to see if it works on my ipod. It did. I have tidal on my ipod as I speak, mind you I already have a US apple account with a legit address + phone number + CC for US. I am back to my Indian ID.

Refer to the youtube video I posted - I just followed the same instructions.

I just downloaded Tidal to see if it works on my ipod. It did. I have tidal on my ipod as I speak, mind you I already have a US apple account with a legit address + phone number + CC for US. I am back to my Indian ID.

Refer to the youtube video I posted - I just followed the same instructions.
Thanks for your offer of help, Chander. I have tidal for a very long time, so that’s not the problem. In fact, if you read the thread, I posted how to go about getting the tidal app.

the question I had was very specific, can you change countries on the Apple store if you have an ongoing subscription for anything ( Apple TV+, apple Music, iCloud Drive space) via Apple store and/ or if you have an Apple family?

I am not sure of that, most of the stuff I have is bought through android. I do not think I have any apple subscriptions going.

Thanks for your offer of help, Chander. I have tidal for a very long time, so that’s not the problem. In fact, if you read the thread, I posted how to go about getting the tidal app.

the question I had was very specific, can you change countries on the Apple store if you have an ongoing subscription for anything ( Apple TV+, apple Music, iCloud Drive space) via Apple store and/ or if you have an Apple family?
Guys, How do you change country? Changing it in the "language and Region" sub-menu of "General" in Settings does not do jack

To the OP @mayukh80 - just got myself a node 2i ordered from Revolver club. That sorts out the streamer itch!

Also I think @kapvin is correct, android is easy, you just need to download the APK, create the account using any VPN and Tidal works fantastic. However for Apple, it is country specific. I had to use my US account for Tidal on the iPad! Couldn't do it thru the Indian account.

Not sure if I can post outside videos - but here is a link as a way out -

If you dont mind , can you let us know how much you got it for ?

Download mconnect for 550 from App Store and login with your tidal or qobuz or NAS to play local lifes on NAS

Audiolab m dac has seperate dedicated usb port only compatible with Apple products.its an excellent dac.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back