DAC Suggestion

kingabraham

Disappointed with my integrated sound card on my motherboard hence on the market for an entry level usb DAC.
My headset does not require much power to drive.
I am a rookie at this hence here to ask the experts.
How would you compare iFi Zen Air DAC vs FiiO E10K?

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here.
Unfortunately headphones is not my area but good luck with your DAC search.

Disappointed with my integrated sound card on my motherboard hence on the market for an entry level usb DAC.
If you'll be using it exclusively with your PC/Laptop, you could also consider a Studio USB Interface. I'd suggest the Audient Evo4. It is excellent value for money: For about 12K, it sounds very good. Subjectively, I'd say it sounds as good as, or even better than a DAC in the 30-40K range.

It comes with a 6.5mm HP socket, and has a rotary volume control. (Its line outs are balanced TRS, so you will need adapters if you plan to use it later with an amp/active speaker that takes only unbalanced RCA inputs).

If you'll be using it exclusively with your PC/Laptop, you could also consider a Studio USB Interface. I'd suggest the Audient Evo4. It is excellent value for money: For about 12K, it sounds very good. Subjectively, I'd say it sounds as good as, or even better than a DAC in the 30-40K range.

It comes with a 6.5mm HP socket, and has a rotary volume control. (Its line outs are balanced TRS, so you will need adapters if you plan to use it later with an amp/active speaker that takes only unbalanced RCA inputs).
Thank you for the detailed reply. I will have a look.

I have an Asus Xonar stx card which you can try. It is an entry level audiophile sound card.

Hi ,i'm not a headphone user and most definitely not an expert . I however had the opportunity to listen to the Woo firefly Headphone AMP/DAC a few years back and it sounded really nice. I have no idea what they are pegged at or if they would appeal to your taste. But you can most definitely ask around and check if any of the FM's use it and get their feedback on it.
Cheers!
Anand

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back