Dali Opticon 6, Vokal or something else for movies?

Hello Shaiju

Thank you very much for your insight. Don't have any options close by for auditions, so your insight is valuable.

Audition is a must. Now I am on the fence about Opticon 5 as I did not demo it. With all this hifi stuff audition patience pays off. It is fun as well.

I’ve contacted Dali about using Opticon 2 with Opticon Vokal.

My options now are:
1. Opticon 2 LR with Vokal C.
2. Opticon 2 LR and C.
3. Opticon 5 and Vokal C (no demo for 5).
4. Opticon 6 and Vokal C.

Opticon Vokal is also not on demo but I am going by the reviews and specs. Not much options either.

Dali owners please assemble for feedback :)

@snappysam , Hi, since you're from Cochin, you can audition at Hifi Links at Kaloor. They used to be dealers for Dali/Tannoy/Qacoustics. Another option would be ProFx for KEF/Polk

Horizontal placement causes lobing effect at ear level off axis. So it doesn't matter if its a bookshelf or centre speaker. But yeah placing it vertically will solve the problem.

The same reason, recommendations for a co-axial speaker (or) a BS speaker placed vertically as they don't have such issues..

I liked the Dali Opticon sound. The problem (if at all) is they are all back ported. Right speaker will be in L-shaped corner. Left speaker has walls at least 20” to the left and back. The centre will be resting on AV unit with back close to wall.

Even if the speaker are rear ported, your would use the crossover on AVR (80/90Hz).. The speakers aren't going to produce lows below that.. I don't think a rear ported speaker mounted to wall will be of an issue.. Please check the manufacturer recommendations for speaker placement..

@snappysam , Hi, since you're from Cochin, you can audition at Hifi Links at Kaloor. They used to be dealers for Dali/Tannoy/Qacoustics. Another option would be ProFx for KEF/Polk
Honestly HiFi links don't have any of these models for audition, nor do they encourage it. I have never had a good experience there despite knowing the late owner Benny for more than 1 decade

Honestly HiFi links don't have any of these models for audition, nor do they encourage it. I have never had a good experience there despite knowing the late owner Benny for more than 1 decade
I have sent you a PM, so that there's no digression to OPs thread :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back