Dali Z5 vs BA260 CII vs pioneer sp fs52

sound_cycle

Hi,

No I am actually going somewhere with this.

This is for my brother in law.

The speaker choices are Dali Z5 vs BA260 CII vs pioneer sp fs52. Mostly 2ch but some HT and the occasional required party volume. Standard room. Not much possibility of pulled out positioning.

Cost is not a factor. The z5 would be refurbished (by me) but the other two new.

Which would you suggest. I am biased towards the z5 ofc and therefore the question.

Ciao
GR

The speaker choices are Dali Z5 vs BA260 CII vs pioneer sp fs52. Mostly 2ch but some HT and the occasional required party volume. Standard room. Not much possibility of pulled out positioning.

Would this be paired with AVR (or) stereo amp?..

If pairing with AVR, consider BS + sub and a center channel speaker, since you mentioned movies are of some interest..

If pairing with stereo amp, then yes a FS..

Consider Taga Harmony Platinum series (after a demo)..

Would this be paired with AVR (or) stereo amp?..

If pairing with AVR, consider BS + sub and a center channel speaker, since you mentioned movies are of some interest..

If pairing with stereo amp, then yes a FS..

Consider Taga Harmony Platinum series (after a demo)..

2ch with stereo amp.

Will ask him to add Taga to the list, but the question of Z5 vs .. only expands :)

Thanks

ciao
gr

2ch with stereo amp.

Does he already have 2ch amp (or) planning to get a new one?.. If he hasn't, then AVR makes a better choice.. (Given his preferences)..

Will ask him to add Taga to the list, but the question of Z5 vs .. only expands :)

True..The reason for Taga Harmony suggestion was, if he had AVR, he can add a center channel & build it slowly if he likes them, without spending too much..

Pioneer being quite an old model, not sure if you still get them..

Hi,

Cost is not a factor. The z5 would be refurbished (by me) but the other two new.

Which would you suggest. I am biased towards the z5 ofc and therefore the question.

Ciao
GR

My vote is for Zensor Z5 (even if it's refurbished) , there's definitely no way to compare Z5 with the other two. Taga Platinum series is good. You can always add a Sub in 2.1 config for parties, choose adequately powerful 2ch amp, with optional sub out.

Hi,

Ciao
GR

Hi

I would strongly advise your brother in law and yourself to visit various dealers / places that have these speakers and based on what amp or avr it will be connected to audition with his favourite song or movie clip and make an informed decision.,..

What is bliss to you may be poison to him. Everyone has different expectations and liking and hence audition is key!

If auditioning is already over and this is the final shortlist.....based on each speaker brand specs.,....check and ensure:

• It matches with the amp or avr in terms of impedance
  • see which brand offers the highest SPL (sensitivity...88db or more)
  • See which brand offers maximum delivery of frequencies between the 20hz - 20khz spectrum).
  • Decide on the brand and size as placement can be an issue.
  • What sounds good in a demo room may not sound the same at home, keep this in mind
  • See who offers the best price, warranty etc.,

All the best!

Hi,

Ciao
GR

Hey Hi,

Considering the requirements, I would opt for an Amp with balls or even a Power Amp paired to the Pioneers. Those are great speakers when fed with good amounts of power. Have great bass and can go loud. You might not even need a Sub with them, but thats your choice.

If not the above, Dalis with a Stereo Amp would be the next choice.

MaSh

I was asking this question for my BIL.

So we (the BIL and I) went and listened to a pair of Z1 that were setup with some though and care at a Hyd FM's place. Three tracks and he fished out wallet and picked them up.

One idea was to use the drivers from these units to replace the dead ones in my Z5 (and I was therefore concerned if I was imposing my bias on BIL) and recoil the dead ones for a bedroom type system, but BIL decided that z1 really were all he wanted. And has set off for Chennai will the speakers as cabin baggage. I hope he will like them in his room.

ciao
gr

Back