Dali Zensor Pico Vs Taga S90 (sensational on paper)

vij

Its between these two for me now. I can get the Dali zensor pico fronts and Dali zensor pico Vokal for 30k which is about 5.5k more than the Taga S90 and C90. I am not in a position to hear both of them. Spec wise the Taga trounces the Dali in all respects (frequency response and driver size), but Dali has the rep. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to hear both the Taga and the Dali Pico here and has a preference. I know it is a longshot, but I had to ask.

Taga S90 has 5.25" midrange driver and frequency response 44Hz-40kHz ... Seriously?? Thats crazy right? (I know specs are not everything mind you)
Dali Zensor Pico has 4.5" midrange driver frequency response 62Hz-26kHz

Last edited:
Its between these two for me now. I can get the Dali zensor pico fronts and Dali zensor pico Vokal for 30k which is about 5.5k more than the Taga S90 and C90. I am not in a position to hear both of them. Spec wise the Taga trounces the Dali in all respects (frequency response and driver size), but Dali has the rep. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to hear both the Taga and the Dali here and has a preference. I know it is a longshot, but I had to ask.

Taga S90 has 5.25" midrange driver and frequency response 44Hz-40kHz ... Seriously?? Thats crazy right? (I know specs are not everything mind you)

There is a lot more to music than Freq range or size of drivers. Tone, Timbre, Integration, Agility are some of the subjective parameters that cannot be captured by specs and will differ from each one's perspective of sound / music!
Better to hear them and arrive at a decision

Thanks Mi_10... Unfortunately cannot hear them and compare. Noone I know has both for demo... And in any case I dont have the inclination for that activity. I am not very picky (90% movies and netflix is what Il use them for) and I am certain either will be good... Might go for the cheaper one unless...............

Actually looking at the Taga I wonder if those specs are accurate because they do stand out for something at this price point.. They are relatively less known.

I can get the Dali zensor pico fronts and Dali zensor pico Vokal for 30k which is about 5.5k more than the Taga S90 and C90. I am not in a position to hear both of them.

I have the Taga Harmony Platinum series LCR 60 in my 5.2.2 set-up & S90 SL with an SMSL Q5 Pro in desktop set-up, and am happy with both..

With regards to S90 SL, the speakers might do 44Hz, but at a very low SPL.. Probably 10dB lesser SPL than what it would produce at 80Hz..

(90% movies and netflix is what Il use them for

For a 90% movies, S90 SL would be great fit, as you would anyways use with 80Hz crossover on the AVR.. Whether the speaker does any low wouldn't really matter as the sub will take care of that lows below 80Hz.. and BTW, S90 SL is a sealed speaker..

Go for S90 SL all around you if you can..

Thank you :) Interesting that you mention "sealed speaker". Is that a factor?

Sealed subs is said to be better than ported one for the lower extension.. So in that regard, the BS should also have similar characteristics w.r.t bass..

I have used Both S90 SL (sealed) & Platinum one (ported) on a desktop nearfiled listening and prefer the S90 SL more.. The bass is pronounced less on the S90 SL..

Its between these two for me now. I can get the Dali zensor pico fronts and Dali zensor pico Vokal for 30k which is about 5.5k more than the Taga S90 and C90. I am not in a position to hear both of them. Spec wise the Taga trounces the Dali in all respects (frequency response and driver size), but Dali has the rep. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to hear both the Taga and the Dali Pico here and has a preference. I know it is a longshot, but I had to ask.

I use the Dali Pico Vokal since i wanted a compact center speaker...although the sensitivity is a bit on the lower side....it does kick some serious punch and clarity for movies and music....i am quite happy with its puny size and large soundstage

I have the Taga Harmony Platinum series LCR 60 in my 5.2.2 set-up & S90 SL with an SMSL Q5 Pro in desktop set-up, and am happy with both..

With regards to S90 SL, the speakers might do 44Hz, but at a very low SPL.. Probably 10dB lesser SPL than what it would produce at 80Hz..

For a 90% movies, S90 SL would be great fit, as you would anyways use with 80Hz crossover on the AVR.. Whether the speaker does any low wouldn't really matter as the sub will take care of that lows below 80Hz.. and BTW, S90 SL is a sealed speaker..

Go for S90 SL all around you if you can..
its very tough to find a reply from our elango /without using a thing called SUB:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Wanted to update.. Got the S90 pair for the fronts - they sound good - The C90 center seems fine overall, but I feel a little boxed-in bass effect in vocals sometimes that is more prominent with deep sounding female voices.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back