Dead pixels in my C9

So I ran manual pixel refresher and Some pixels have come up but they are light in colour. Zoom and see the arrow mark. Exact same spot in the 1st post and very clear that some pixels have come up but not uniform

Attachments

• 9DC3440D-E685-4A89-A73E-D5BE7C2DCE1B.jpeg
    9DC3440D-E685-4A89-A73E-D5BE7C2DCE1B.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 63
When running the tests, how come you have top/bottom black bars?
It ran full screen on my TV, from the link you had attached
Cheers,
Raghu

Cheers,
Raghu
Yes and I have also shared image of full screen only. I mentioned that the dead pixels are present in the black bar region of regular contents

Cheers,
Raghu
He is running the test on full screen, its just his room is blacked out :)

So I ran manual pixel refresher and Some pixels have come up but they are light in colour. Zoom and see the arrow mark. Exact same spot in the 1st post and very clear that some pixels have come up but not uniform
Irrespective of whether it is under warranty or not, worth writing to LG tech support.

Irrespective of whether it is under warranty or not, worth writing to LG tech support.
I have registered a complaint with LG. Well tech visit is going to visit and tell it’s out of warranty and so and so amount you need to pay for replacement. The top and bottom part I am least bothered. Sadly I noticed there is a lot of pixels dead in the right and left corners from top to bottom. This is clearly noticeable in any contents if am looking for it and won’t be bothersome if I just watch the Center of the screen. By rough calculation there must be atleast 500-1000 pixels dead. For sure this didn’t happen recently and would have gone dead during warranty period which expired on December 30th which is just a month back and my ignorance has cost me. I should have ran this test in the last week of December and caught this for a free panel replacement. Will try my luck for free panel replacement claiming the same but if not working out I will continue to use it as long as it’s manageable and think about panel replacement or a new TV later on

Dead pixels after 1500+ hours is not a good thing.
Impress up on LG that it is bad publicity for them ;)
Cheers,
Raghu

Dead pixels after 1500+ hours is not a good thing.
Impress up on LG that it is bad publicity for them ;)
Cheers,
Raghu
Yeah and if it’s within 5-8 it’s fine but I am sure 500-1000 of them by rough calculations. Top and bottom I am least bothered but in the side corners from top to bottom is of a concern. LG has been replacing panels out of warranty but no guarantees it will be applicable in every scenario. Fingers crossed

If LG throws song and dance , tag them on Twitter , make noise on all the big social media platforms. They will come to some arrangement for sure if you threaten bad publicity.

If LG throws song and dance , tag them on Twitter , make noise on all the big social media platforms. They will come to some arrangement for sure if you threaten bad publicity.
Yes if they don’t acknowledge it’s due to poor quality of the panel I will just keep tagging them in all their posts with the hifivision thread link so all can see. But I am hugely disappointed at myself for not doing these tests a week prior to the warranty got expired. I am sure it has happened long back since it’s around 500-1000 pixels. Easily I could have got a free panel replacement without any hassle.

I have registered a complaint with LG. Well tech visit is going to visit and tell it’s out of warranty and so and so amount you need to pay for replacement. The top and bottom part I am least bothered. Sadly I noticed there is a lot of pixels dead in the right and left corners from top to bottom. This is clearly noticeable in any contents if am looking for it and won’t be bothersome if I just watch the Center of the screen. By rough calculation there must be atleast 500-1000 pixels dead. For sure this didn’t happen recently and would have gone dead during warranty period which expired on December 30th which is just a month back and my ignorance has cost me. I should have ran this test in the last week of December and caught this for a free panel replacement. Will try my luck for free panel replacement claiming the same but if not working out I will continue to use it as long as it’s manageable and think about panel replacement or a new TV later on
That's a lot. Is it like a border around the screen?
I agree with your steps. nudge the techs gently towards a replacement.
Especially since this looks like it has not been caused by your usage or anything...
All the best, man.

That's a lot. Is it like a border around the screen?
I agree with your steps. nudge the techs gently towards a replacement.
Especially since this looks like it has not been caused by your usage or anything...
All the best, man.
It’s in all four sides of the TV. Guess Lg takes Oled related complaints very seriously. I pinged them on twitter and immediately they responded and arranged for a call from Lg technical team. They didn’t ask anything about warranty and straight away asked what was the issue and verified the issue via video call. Just now call ended but they didn’t commit to anything and told to wait as they will discuss internally and update.

I have registered a complaint with LG.
Just a tip from Al Capone!
"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone". ;)

So just put some pressure saying dead pixels in 2 years and 2 months. There are Samsung hawks out there to enjoy this news coming out in media! And that kind of threats.

For sure this didn’t happen recently and would have gone dead during warranty period which expired on December 30th which is just a month back and my ignorance has cost me. I should have ran this test in the last week of December and caught this for a free panel replacement.
I am not sure why you call this ignorance on your part. You buy a TV to watch and enjoy content on it. Not set google calender reminders so you remember to scan for dead pixels! You cannot forecast when a dead pixel strikes your panel. The day you run a scan, all could be well and a month later, kaboom. There isn't much you can do.

On the day you created this thread and noticed dead pixels on the section of the black bars, you did not notice dead pixels in the more pronounced areas? Was it not noticeable?

Ask LG for a good will replacement of the panel. Even if they reduce the panel cost by half, I'd pay it out of my pocket. Atleast you get a new panel, maybe another year thrown in for warranty and your mind is clear of the fact that there are no dead pixels. Besides; the cost of a new panel is likely to cost a fraction of a brand new oled.

I am not sure why you call this ignorance on your part. You buy a TV to watch and enjoy content on it. Not set google calender reminders so you remember to scan for dead pixels! You cannot forecast when a dead pixel strikes your panel. The day you run a scan, all could be well and a month later, kaboom. There isn't much you can do.

On the day you created this thread and noticed dead pixels on the section of the black bars, you did not notice dead pixels in the more pronounced areas? Was it not noticeable?

Ask LG for a good will replacement of the panel. Even if they reduce the panel cost by half, I'd pay it out of my pocket. Atleast you get a new panel, maybe another year thrown in for warranty and your mind is clear of the fact that there are no dead pixels. Besides; the cost of a new panel is likely to cost a fraction of a brand new oled.
I was aware of when my warranty will end and i could have just run these tests a week prior to the expiration date. With so many dead pixels i am sure it is not sudden and would have been present for 2-3 months atleast. I did notice them in the pronounced areas but only if i get close to the display.I hope LG does provide a panel replacement with a good will.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back