Dead pixels in my C9

Done.
You should share this link on LG’s page on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere. Have shared it with my friends group one of whom was planning on buying a C9 or CX. He ain’t going anywhere near a LG Oled now. :D
Yes I have shared in twitter and will share in all social media platform

Shame on LG. I shared the link in their FB page LG global and they are deleting it. I shared the link in 4 of their Oled posts more then twice but had it removed within 5 minutes. What’s wrong in sharing a real experience? Is there anything wrong in my video?

Shame on LG. I shared the link in their FB page LG global and they are deleting it. I shared the link in 4 of their Oled posts more then twice but had it removed within 5 minutes. What’s wrong in sharing a real experience? Is there anything wrong in my video?
Most of the brands do this now days, Samsung India does this too. Even overseas when Arcam launched their new HDA series avrs which had tons of software issues, they were deleting the post of people complaining. This is now become the normal practice by these companies not only in India but around the World. Their excuse would be rivals posting fake customer comments ;)

Most of the brands do this now days, Samsung India does this too. Even overseas when Arcam launched their new HDA series avrs which had tons of software issues, they were deleting the post of people complaining. This is now become the normal practice by these companies not only in India but around the World. Their excuse would be rivals posting fake customer comments ;)
If the user is posting with the serial no. and other pertinent details then it would confirm as a genuine post
I would respect a company who would accept their faults and try to rectify them rather than denying and deleting the posts.
If it is the user's fault then definitely cannot blame the company. But in this case it seems a genuine issue from LG's side. But since it is out of warranty one cannot do anything much.

Wel let’s see how far they can keep up. I have templates saved and will keep spamming in all their posts
But since it is out of warranty one cannot do anything much.
Yes legally they are well within their rights but morally they can come down and replace it which they have decided not to. So as an affected customer all I can do is raise awareness to the consumer market

Yes if they don’t acknowledge it’s due to poor quality of the panel I will just keep tagging them in all their posts with the hifivision thread link so all can see. But I am hugely disappointed at myself for not doing these tests a week prior to the warranty got expired. I am sure it has happened long back since it’s around 500-1000 pixels. Easily I could have got a free panel replacement without any hassle.
... But before extending the warranty they would have checked the health of the panel... I guesss.

This is how any company trains their engineers to speak with customers in india. They will always put the blame on customers and won’t take accountability for their product so I stayed calm since I expected this reply. Even if the service engineer knows it’s not the customer fault they are not allowed to tell it to customer as per company protocols. I will wait and see how LG responds. Atleast they didn’t reject anything straight away and told that they will check with LG and get back with a solution. Been two days and as per policy they can reject panel replacement as it is out of warranty but I assume they are discussing what can be done which will be beneficial for both customer and the company.
The staff who come to install our TV on purchase, call themselves as 'Engineers' but they are mere 'installers' and 'demo-giving staffer'

The staff who come to install our TV on purchase, call themselves as 'Engineers' but they are mere 'installers' and 'demo-giving staffer'
Lol this is nothing my installer while playing demo videos when asked why this video is playing as HDR and not DV he said to save the file renaming it to Dolby vision :)

Requesting all forum members help. This won’t even take 1 minute of you time. Please click the link and watch for 30-40 seconds and comment very poor by LG. These brands should learn to take every customer serious. If American they replace and if Indian they talk rules for their poorly manufactured product. Not asking likes and comments for viewers as I am no YouTuber. Just to teach Lg a lesson

done

Commented - I wasn't aware they can delete your tweets? I thought they could only hide it.
Tweets on their posts and comments on their FB page where deleted. I kept spamming and finally they asked for some more time and did not delete my comments. My tweets they cannot delete

Very sad for you @Love4sound for this as you had a loving relationship with the OLED and have watched many many hours on it. Actually I am truly astounded by the nos of dead pixels in your TV.

As far as LG goes well I have had an good experience with them. In my case they had replaced my 1080p plasma panel though it had only 1 dead pixel and once we guys notice the same it is very difficult to ignore the same however minute the imperfection maybe. In my case I noticed the same was either present or developed within a few days of installation and though their warranty card states that upto 5-6 dead pixels were acceptable but they did replace the panel and this was around 10 years back.

Hoping for a favourable resolution to your issue by LG considering the price paid for the same.

Very sad for you @Love4sound for this as you had a loving relationship with the OLED and have watched many many hours on it. Actually I am truly astounded by the nos of dead pixels in your TV.

As far as LG goes well I have had an good experience with them. In my case they had replaced my 1080p plasma panel though it had only 1 dead pixel and once we guys notice the same it is very difficult to ignore the same however minute the imperfection maybe. In my case I noticed the same was either present or developed within a few days of installation and though their warranty card states that upto 5-6 dead pixels were acceptable but they did replace the panel and this was around 10 years back.

Hoping for a favourable resolution to your issue by LG considering the price paid for the same.
Yes and LG has been doing a good job so far with supporting Oled customers and not sure why they choose to ignore my case especially when the panel is just 2 years old and completed just 1558 hours. Let’s see what resolution they come up with.

Well guess I have few haters here in the forum. Name calling and attacking me personally, calling me a lg fanboy on the YouTube video I am 100% certain it’s a forum member and also have a list on who it might be.Well I hate to break it to you I am 100% happily enjoying my Tv. Sorry to disappoint you :) Don’t believe me? Well look at the usage hours of the TV now. So it’s been 10 days since I have posted this issue and the usage hours on feb 14th was 1555 hours and at present it’s 1592 hours. So you do the math. It’s 37 hours of movies, tv shows in my amazing 5.2.4 Atmos set up in just 10 days after I noticed the dead pixels.You can look at my other thread on tinnitus where I shared some suffering news and did suffer last year. Sadist and cowards like you hiding behind a computer may enjoy such posts on Others sufferings :)

Attachments

• 08046A5C-DC67-42DD-8EDA-5F52997F05F8.jpeg
    08046A5C-DC67-42DD-8EDA-5F52997F05F8.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 8DE205F1-E122-455E-890E-B4BCCAF38615.jpeg
    8DE205F1-E122-455E-890E-B4BCCAF38615.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Well guess I have few haters here in the forum. Name calling and attacking me personally, calling me a lg fanboy on the YouTube video I am 100% certain it’s a forum member and also have a list on who it might be.Well I hate to break it to you I am 100% happily enjoying my Tv. Sorry to disappoint you :) Don’t believe me? Well look at the usage hours of the TV now. So it’s been 10 days since I have posted this issue and the usage hours on feb 14th was 1555 hours and at present it’s 1592 hours. So you do the math. It’s 37 hours of movies, tv shows in my amazing 5.2.4 Atmos set up in just 10 days after I noticed the dead pixels.You can look at my other thread on tinnitus where I shared some suffering news and did suffer last year. Sadist and cowards like you hiding behind a computer may enjoy such posts on Others sufferings :)
Youtube always has trolls, just delete the comments & look forward to LG's response. Plain & Simple.
Wish you all the best in the replacement my friend.

Cheers.

Requesting all forum members help. This won’t even take 1 minute of you time. Please click the link and watch for 30-40 seconds and comment very poor by LG. These brands should learn to take every customer serious. If American they replace and if Indian they talk rules for their poorly manufactured product. Not asking likes and comments for viewers as I am no YouTuber. Just to teach Lg a lesson

done

I stay away from LG products. This was my LG refrigerator that I converted into an AV rack in 2012.
1645724995882.png
1645725040530.png
1645725061022.png

I stay away from LG products. This was my LG refrigerator that I converted into an AV rack in 2012.
View attachment 67537
View attachment 67538
View attachment 67539
A stupid question... Is the setup in a fridge for cooling?

A stupid question... Is the setup in a fridge for cooling?
no. Because just like the TV, this LG fridge wasn't doing it's job - cooling. In contrast my Godrej fridge purchased in 1972 was still working in 2004. My brother scratched on the fridge door "Garv se kaho hum Godrej Hai". The only repair I had to do was replace some Ranutrol relays twice. No gas refill in 30 years. I have also seen Allwyn, Kelvinators lasting this long. These 3 brands is what you saw in any Army household. So I used this modern day LG as an AV rack and recover the cost of having purchased a LG product.

What does LG do? TV that have pixels go dead in few hours. Fridge that stops cooling after few years. Computer monitors that go dead after few days. LCD tv that produces distorted sound. These are all my personal experience with LG products. Thank your stars they don't make aeroplanes.

in 2012 when I was on the lookout for a 65" TV i stayed away from these Korean products and went for Panasonic Plasma. It is still going strong with absolutely no problem in the last 10 years. Best decision. It has done 4800 hours till now, much more than my LG TV, of which I have nothing to say anything positive. I believed that they make good panels (Apple used their panels). That was the reason I went ahead for purchase of computer monitors for my office. Few of them went bad in few days. It was only thanks to my vendor who forced LG to repair the monitors.

I have cannibalized few parts from this fridge. As you can expect both the below parts have "Made in Japen" label
1. Seiko timer that was used for defrosting at regular intervals.
2. AC fans used behind the cooling fans

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back