Dead pixels in my C9

no. Because just like the TV, this LG fridge wasn't doing it's job. In contrast my Godrej fridge purchased in 1972 was still working in 2004. My brother scratched on the fridge door "Garv se kaho hum Godrej Hai". The only repair I had to do was replace some Ranutrol relays twice. No gas refill in 30 years. I have also seen Alwyn, Kelvinators lasting this long. So I used this modern day LG as an AV rack and recover the cost of having purchased a LG product.

What does LG do? TV that have pixels go dead in few hours. Fridge that stops cooling after few years. Computer monitors that go dead after few days. LCD tv that produces distorted sound. These are all my personal experience with LG products. Thank your stars they don't make aeroplanes.

in 2012 when I was on the lookout for a 65" TV i stayed away from these Korean products and went for Panasonic Plasma. It is still going strong with absolutely no problem in the last 10 years. Best decision. It has done 4800 hours till now, much more than my LG TV, of which I have nothing to say anything positive. I believed that they make good panels (Apple used their panels). That was the reason I went ahead for purchase of computer monitors for my office. Few of them went bad in few days. It was only thanks to my vendor who forced LG to repair the monitors.

I have cannibalized few parts from this fridge. As you can expect both the below parts have "Made in Japen" label
1. Seiko timer that was used for defrosting at regular intervals.
2. AC fans used behind the cooling fans
@mbhangui LG says this about their brand logo but then I discovered this

663b26513a0db04621304f8f204afb44.jpg

I stay away from LG products.
I not only stay away from LG products I also stay away from Korean brands. LG, Samsung and hyundai are brands i totally ignore. But sadly had no choice when it comes to tv as oled’s produce the best picture quality and I wouldn’t settle any less. I finalised on SonyA8g but last minute changed to C9 since the picture quality was equally good and with sony using the same LG panel. Also majority of the forum members seemed to choose the c9 vs the sonyA8g

I not only stay away from LG products I also stay away from Korean brands. LG, Samsung and hyundai are brands i totally ignore. But sadly had no choice when it comes to tv as oled’s produce the best picture quality and I wouldn’t settle any less. I finalised on SonyA8g but last minute changed to C9 since the picture quality was equally good and with sony using the same LG panel. Also majority of the forum members seemed to choose the c9 vs the sonyA8g
I guess Sony uses only LG OLED panels so not sure if it would have made any difference, also we've not heard Sony replacing OLED panels which are out of warranty..I hope LG will consider and replace your panel without charges...

also we've not heard Sony replacing OLED panels which are out of warranty..I hope LG will consider and replace your panel without charges...
Well we don't know about this for sure as majority members here own LG oleds. Could be Sony are doing the same?
The Sony oled owners here must have never faced a problem or owners must have had issues after warranty & got it replaced, who are not forum members:rolleyes:

Who Knows!

I guess Sony uses only LG OLED panels so not sure if it would have made any difference, also we've not heard Sony replacing OLED panels which are out of warranty..I hope LG will consider and replace your panel without charges...
Yeah but what I meant to say was why I choose LG Oled even though I always stay away from Korean brands.Here in forum very few members use sony oled’s and a vast majority uses the LG oled’s. The number of members facing issues are also not high for LG oled’s and few unlucky like myself is quite common with electronics. Power supply is crucial for Oled panel life and Sony may use better components in their circuit and with their aggressive ABL compared to LG there are chances Sony oled’s will last much longer then LG oled’s. Haven’t come across many Sony Oled complaints on the international forum as well. Most complains are against LG oled’s. For sure quality control is going to be better with the Japanese brands compared to Korean. I hate Korean brands cause I have always found them to lack quality and durability based on my personal experience

Forgot to post but i have replied in your youtube channel with strong words of resent pointing out LG's fragile products and how one may count on them if they don't even offer courtesy replacement.

Thanks and this was their last update and never heard back from them. They probably moved on

View attachment 67549
Sorry to hear about this response from LG, L4S.
I was really hoping they would replace the panel. It hardly matters to them.
It's kind of pathetic, though. Today they might be thinking they are the king of the Indian market, but your experience is also kind of an indicator of hubris.
Please let them know that this is the last you will ever engage with their products. (As someone who is so popular in this forum who has run through speakers to find the best at your own cost, I think they will understand that language)

And also, run one more hard pixel refresh and see how the dead ones are acting. If any are coming back to life...

Finally, a point to all other FMs...
All the cases of demo panels being sent to new buyers' homes we have seen so far on this forum also have all got to do with LG. This company really has a problem in India, both in terms of dealership and customer service...
If you can find an equivalent Samsung panel or spend 10K-30K on an equivalent Sony panel, ditch LG - This I am saying not for L4S's experience, but for both peace of mind and customer service - Sonys are less troublesome and Samsung has better customer interface. LG has neither, as they proved today.

PS: For what it is worth, I'd make it a point to leave a strong comment on youtube.

I spoke with a few friends who say dead pixels in general are not regressive. If you show signs of more wear and tear, then it is an issue or else you could run it for many years with no further contegious dead pixel effects. Or has it worsened?

Sometimes I feel that with the amount of hoops we have to jump to get reasonable service/panel replacements done on our electronics or TVs it would be better to create a sort of FD fund for our electronics and keep depositing X amount every year so that this so called FD can be used for repair costs or panel replacements. Just an idea that's all.

View your video and one thing that i face i got small table top stand instead of long one for my lg c1 48 , due to this very much disappointed with lg

Requesting all forum members help. This won’t even take 1 minute of you time. Please click the link and watch for 30-40 seconds and comment very poor by LG. These brands should learn to take every customer serious. If American they replace and if Indian they talk rules for their poorly manufactured product. Not asking likes and comments for viewers as I am no YouTuber. Just to teach Lg a lesson
Did this 2 days back

Sometimes I feel that with the amount of hoops we have to jump to get reasonable service/panel replacements done on our electronics or TVs it would be better to create a sort of FD fund for our electronics and keep depositing X amount every year so that this so called FD can be used for repair costs or panel replacements. Just an idea that's all.
Been there, done that. Infact it is an ongoing thing.

@Love4sound : Run a film without letterboxing. Change the aspect ratio of your widescreen films to cover the entire screen or play bit older films in 4:3.
Then see if those dead pixels are making visible effect on not. Ask someone else also to verify (preferably without knowing the issue beforehand).
If not , for all practical purposes you are good for the time being.

How much they told was their (replacement of panel) service cost? Cus I read somewhere the 65" panel costs 65000 now a days. It used to be 1,25,000 a year ago. My theory is that it would come to even Rs.25000 in a year.

@Love4sound : Run a film without letterboxing. Change the aspect ratio of your widescreen films to cover the entire screen or play bit older films in 4:3.
Then see if those dead pixels are making visible effect on not. Ask someone else also to verify (preferably without knowing the issue beforehand).
If not , for all practical purposes you are good for the time being.
For now the problem isn’t visible in real contents. I can comfortably enjoy a movie with any aspect ratio.
How much they told was their (replacement of panel) service cost? Cus I read somewhere the 65" panel costs 65000 now a days. It used to be 1,25,000 a year ago. My theory is that it would come to even Rs.25000 in a year.
Well then LG service Center are big time cheats. They quoted 1.25L and that LG had approved 50% discounts. So total cost including service for panel replacement was 65k.

Today they might be thinking they are the king of the Indian market, but your experience is also kind of an indicator of hubris.
This is it, they boast about being the Premium Tv kings even in showrooms & on their website, this day had to arrive.
First they were a Mid range Tv brand but since few years they have the Ego that they are the King of Premium Tvs.

Btw still rocking on my B6 Oled since 5 years, its shifter to another room, touch wood no issues.
Got the Sony oled in my main room now.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back