Dead pixels in my C9

Did you get any response from LG?
The very next day I had a visit by LG tech. Well it was the usual blah blah blah. The engineer told if I had used the tv properly this shouldn’t happen. He said every four hours the pixel refresher must run and if I have not ensured the right steps as in keeping the tv on standby then this will happen. I told him when ever I use the tv I make sure to leave it in standby by for minimum 30 minutes so for sure this isn’t the reason. He didn’t argue and checked the bill and told the tv is not in warranty and if it was they would have replaced the display with no questions asked. Next he said that he will submit the report to LG and that they will decide on the solution.He also removed the back of the tv to check for any issues with the board and confirmed there where no issues. Been two days and I haven’t received any update. Checked online on the status of my complaint and it’s in pending status with the comment “difficult repair and under process”

Sometimes I feel these company technicians take us for idiots.
When we purchase a high value item, we do read up dos and donts and follow them.
And the standby thingie is something all of us follow.
And its complete BS that pixel refresher must run every 4 hours.
In our home we occasionally use our TV for binge watching, like 6-8 hours of it.
How will pixel refresher run?

You should write a stinger of a message to LG-India to not treat customers like duffers.

Cheers,
Raghu

When we purchase a high value item, we do read up dos and donts and follow them.
And the standby thingie is something all of us follow.
And its complete BS that pixel refresher must run every 4 hours.
In our home we occasionally use our TV for binge watching, like 6-8 hours of it.
How will pixel refresher run?

You should write a stinger of a message to LG-India to not treat customers like duffers.

Cheers,
Raghu
This is how any company trains their engineers to speak with customers in india. They will always put the blame on customers and won’t take accountability for their product so I stayed calm since I expected this reply. Even if the service engineer knows it’s not the customer fault they are not allowed to tell it to customer as per company protocols. I will wait and see how LG responds. Atleast they didn’t reject anything straight away and told that they will check with LG and get back with a solution. Been two days and as per policy they can reject panel replacement as it is out of warranty but I assume they are discussing what can be done which will be beneficial for both customer and the company.

The very next day I had a visit by LG tech. Well it was the usual blah blah blah. The engineer told if I had used the tv properly this shouldn’t happen. He said every four hours the pixel refresher must run and if I have not ensured the right steps as in keeping the tv on standby then this will happen. I told him when ever I use the tv I make sure to leave it in standby by for minimum 30 minutes so for sure this isn’t the reason. He didn’t argue and checked the bill and told the tv is not in warranty and if it was they would have replaced the display with no questions asked. Next he said that he will submit the report to LG and that they will decide on the solution.He also removed the back of the tv to check for any issues with the board and confirmed there where no issues. Been two days and I haven’t received any update. Checked online on the status of my complaint and it’s in pending status with the comment “difficult repair and under process”
They probably offer you a new Pannel at a discounted price as a middle ground.

They probably offer you a new Pannel at a discounted price as a middle ground.
Well if that is the case I will just continue to use my tv and ask them to provide the same offer once my panel gets bad and noticeable while watching movies. At present for movies with black bar I don’t notice it and even with full screen I can notice it only if I search for it. Only solution I will accept for now is panel replacement for free

Well if that is the case I will just continue to use my tv and ask them to provide the same offer once my panel gets bad and noticeable while watching movies.

If they offer you a new panel at a discounted rate, I'd take it up right away. Your TV can run without a problem or any further dead pixels surfacing. LG India should not withdraw the offer and say the panel is no longer available at a later date. The problem is, now that you know and can see the problem, you can't un-see it, unless you tell yourself not to look hard.

Well, a vast majority of people they deal with are also idiots! You can't fault them for providing guidance. They have been trained by the company to say their usual training dialog.

99.9% of TV's are bought and used at whatever their factory settings are. Everything cranked up to the max. You can't imagine the number of cases they deal with as a vast majority of users no nothing about handling a Oled panel or any TV for that matter. I am sure that if you run a HFV poll on many members read user manuals of their products, I'd be surprised if it even comes to 30%.

Technicians have the ability to identify a user who is careful with their equipment and one's who are not. They will take this feedback to LG based on which they decide whether it is careless use of the equipment or not. Before we ridicule them, let us allow them to diagnose and assist with the issue. Without them, we are all sitting ducks!

If they offer you a new panel at a discounted rate, I'd take it up right away. Your TV can run without a problem or any further dead pixels surfacing. LG India should not withdraw the offer and say the panel is no longer available at a later date. The problem is, now that you know and can see the problem, you can't un-see it, unless you tell yourself not to look hard.
Well let’s wait and see what offer they come up with. Discounted rate also will be expensive for sure. I have watched 4 movies after finding out the issue and not once it was visible cause you are not going to look at the corners and your concentration during a movie is at the Center of the television. If I am looking at the side corners I can spot it during bright scenes especially when the background is pure white which is also not disturbing at the moment.

Well let’s wait and see what offer they come up with. Discounted rate also will be expensive for sure. I have watched 4 movies after finding out the issue and not once it was visible cause you are not going to look at the corners and your concentration during a movie is at the Center of the television. If I am looking at the side corners I can spot it during bright scenes especially when the background is pure white which is also not disturbing at the moment.
Besides my way of seeing it is, it won't be degenerative like some tiles in the roof or something where one tile being broke can have many more surrounding tiles crack as a definite reaction. So you can go on and on until there is a visibility issue.

Besides my way of seeing it is, it won't be degenerative like some tiles in the roof or something where one tile being broke can have many more surrounding tiles crack as a definite reaction. So you can go on and on until there is a visibility issue.
Hope it’s not degenerative. Still haven’t received any update from LG. Hopefully they consider free panel replacement.

So LG called and said 50% discount. Total cost 1.25L and I need to pay 65k. Rofl indeed. Time to defame LG in all media platforms.
I told you they were going to offer something in this line. Even with this price, they are still making 10-15% profit. Considering the no of units, they sell here, I am afraid they don't care much about Public Image.

I told you they were going to offer something in this line. Even with this price, they are still making 10-15% profit. Considering the no of units, they sell here, I am afraid they don't care much about Public Image.
I also expected this. I will continue to use it and hope it doesn’t get worse. Next upgrade I am aiming 77 or 83inch 4 years down the line and hope it stays this way. But I will share the image in every lg twitter, fb posts related to Oled. Will also make one video and upload on YouTube. They ain’t going to bother about it but for sure it is going to annoy them. That’s the least i can do to repay them.Recently one FM got is panel replaced for burn-in no questions asked.Tv was B7 and clocked 7500 hours in 5 years. But sadly Lg doesn’t see that a 2 year old c9 that’s clocked only 1550 hours to have 500-1000 dead pixels on all four corners to be a concern.

I also expected this. I will continue to use it and hope it doesn’t get worse. Next upgrade I am aiming 77 or 83inch 4 years down the line and hope it stays this way. But I will share the image in every lg twitter, fb posts related to Oled. Will also make one video and upload on YouTube. They ain’t going to bother about it but for sure it is going to annoy them. That’s the least i can do to repay them.Recently one FM got is panel replaced for burn-in no questions asked.Tv was B7 and clocked 7500 hours in 5 years. But sadly Lg doesn’t see that a 2 year old c9 that’s clocked only 1550 hours to have 500-1000 dead pixels on all four corners to be a concern.
yes do that..it seems in india even after paying inflated prices compred to US etc..still we get treated like junk by these companies.

This...this is wat will put off many people from going for an oled.to tell consumers that hey u need to run pixel refresher every 4 hrs etc etc where watching tv becomes a pain.oled is really great to look at but how many will take the risk?companies in india ought to understand that

This...this is wat will put off many people from going for an oled.to tell consumers that hey u need to run pixel refresher every 4 hrs etc etc where watching tv becomes a pain.oled is really great to look at but how many will take the risk?companies in india ought to understand that
Well if you see there are many c9 users in the forum. Just check the user thread and till now not many complaints. Electronics is like that and depends on an individual luck.Denon, Marantz are the popular avr’s in the forum but you will find few users affected by Hdmi failures or some circuit issue.

Requesting all forum members help. This won’t even take 1 minute of you time. Please click the link and watch for 30-40 seconds and comment very poor by LG. These brands should learn to take every customer serious. If American they replace and if Indian they talk rules for their poorly manufactured product. Not asking likes and comments for viewers as I am no YouTuber. Just to teach Lg a lesson

Last edited:
Requesting all forum members help. This won’t even take 1 minute of you time. Please click the link and watch for 30-40 seconds and comment very poor by LG. These brands should learn to take every customer serious. If American they replace and if Indian they talk rules for their poorly manufactured product. Not asking likes and comments for viewers as I am no YouTuber. Just to teach Lg a lesson

Tag your video here in the comment section.

Done.
You should share this link on LG’s page on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere. Have shared it with my friends group one of whom was planning on buying a C9 or CX. He ain’t going anywhere near a LG Oled now. :D

Done

Back