Dedicated DAC subforum under Audio Components category

Would you like a dedicated forum for DACs?

• Total voters

corElement

With so many DAC's out there in different components, sources and external boxes, questions and answers about DAC's are scattering all over different forums. What do you guys think about having a dedicated forum for discussions related to DACs?

I am looking for preowned Musical Fidelity M1 DAC, If any body is willing to sell it, please let me know.

What is the need to start a poll for this? Just write to the mods, and if it makes sense, we will create the sub forum.

Cheers

What is the need to start a poll for this? Just write to the mods, and if it makes sense, we will create the sub forum.

Cheers

I thought it would qualify as a suggestion so I put it in suggestions forum =S
The poll is to just to get feedback on the suggestion =)

Last edited:
Dac should be part of pc audio. Anyone sophisticates enough to split cdp between Dac and transport will eventually look to adding pc a a source. Having separate Dac section would dilute pc audio and be too thin for Dac

I went through all the forums we have and thought of a little bit of possible reorganization that could make life easier. Here're my 2 cents:

What should I buy. I think this is not a very relevant forum. If I want to buy an amp, wont it make more sense to put it in the amp section. Still not sure about this one though. There are pros and cons of both the approaches.

The AV sources has too many subforums. Maybe we should split them into audio sources and video sources.

Blu-ray/DVD players & DVD/hard-disk recorders - this can be renamed to Blu-ray/DVD players. The description can contain recorder, vcrs etc also.

Digital Cable and DTH - drop digital. we also discuss analog cable there:).

HTPC can goto video sources.
Computer Audio to Audio sources.

HTIB I guess doesnt belong anywhere in sources, maybe we can put it in video sources or components.

If Active Speakers can get their own forum, why not subwoofers.
Audio Video Essentials could use a rename??

Though I feel DACs do deserve attention, creating another sub forum would just add to the clutter. DAC should be under computer audio or Audio source components. Doors666 post makes a lot of sense, we do need a bit of reorganising.

I like doors666 suggestions. Let us reduce clutter a bit. Perhaps the mods will use traffic data to merge some categories instead Of continuing thin traffic categories.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back