Demo of Sharp 3D 60 Incher

Saket

Really wasn't in the showroom for a television. It was actually a dishwasher purchase that I went to this store. After finalizing my purchase (posted in detail in General section), I was just walking out of the showroom when my eyes caught the Sharp section. Frankly speaking, I have never had any experience of 3D TV viewing and hence I thought that I have just gave these guys some business...will not be a bad idea at all to have a demo of its 3D capabilities. At least, it was better to have bought something, rather than just asking for a demo WITHOUT any real intentions of buying a TV, at least for the time being. I asked for a 3D demo with the largest screen size available.
so the set was 60 Inch Sharp Quattron 3D TV with RGB+Y color which the sales guy told me adds to the resolution by forming more pixels. Driven by a very elegant Sharp 3D Blue-ray player. Price : INR 2.7 Lacs for TV (available for INR 2.1 Lac after some discount) and 32K for the Blue Ray player. The TV included 2 Sharp active 3D rechargeable glasses. Recharging was done by plugging the glasses to the TV itself.
Now the performance,
Boy, I was simply blown away! He had put some 3D demo disk in the BDP. There were some real & animated videos. Esp. the animated video was designed for more of 3D effects. When I put on the glasses, it was happening all over the place...everything was happening right there. The big 60 inch screen did everything to help the cause and submerged me in the 3D effect. I was really really impressed with the performance. After 10 mins of watching, I didn't suffer any strain or headache, though I think this is individual oriented. Also I am not sure, if I can say that after watching a 2 hour long movie as well. But the initial impression was great.

Right now, not in the mood to buy an expensive TV, however I am looking for a projector. So, I really hope not to get too much into it & get a huge dent on my pocket...so I will stop the praise here.
PS: I have no affiliations with any company, or seller. Just wanted to post my first 3D experience on screen.

Thanks for reading!,
Saket

Last edited:
so the set was 60 Inch Sharp Quattron 3D TV with RGB+Y color which the sales guy told me adds to the resolution by forming more pixels.

Quattron adds Yellow in addition to standard Red, Green, Blue as a basic colour, which company says adds good vividity in colour gamut. But it should not help in adding more pixels. It will still be 1080p Only

Yes. Sharp makes very good displays.

I have a lot of respect for Sharp as a company but quattron is just a scam. The source material doesn't have yellow and all that adding an extra primary does to the color gamut of a device is ruin it from the rec.709 standard and make calibration extraordinarily hard.

I am using Sharp Aquos LCD 40 incher since a year. I am a happy customer. There is no de-coloration or ghost image from any angle. But I have never used it for watching TV programs. It was always BDRip. So cant tell about its normal video quality and sound quality (sound always played through AVR). It was bought from Singapore for Rs.21000/- INR. One of my cousins brother carried it personally to India and managed to get through customs without any scratch.

Quattron adds Yellow in addition to standard Red, Green, Blue as a basic colour, which company says adds good vividity in colour gamut. But it should not help in adding more pixels. It will still be 1080p Only

Yes. Sharp makes very good displays.

Yes, Quattron doesn't add any pixels to it. However it adds a yellow sub-pixel. Every 'RGB' pixel is made of Red, Green & Blue sub-pixels. But in the 'RGBY Quattron' every pixel is made of Red, Green, Blue & Yellow sub pixels. Check attached pics.

So, in a way the viewer gets to see finer (color) details.

sharp_quattron.jpg

img_quattron_technolory_02.gif

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back