Denon 1311, which 5.1 speakers to use? Polk Audio rm6750 or Boston Acoustics xs5.1 or

amandalia

Hi guys,

I've got a LG Cinema 3d, 42lw6500 tv, and a LG bd550 dvd player.

I'm planning to buy a Home theatre system in the budget of 40-50k with a 3d compatible amp.

Currently i'm considering a denon 1311 amp. any better options in the amp part?

I'm confused of which 5.1 speakers to take with it, my room is not bigger than 15x20.

My options as of now are,

1) Polk audio, TL1600 or RM6750
2) Boston acousitcs, xs5.1
3) jamo A402

anyone has any better combination in mind?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Denon 1311, which 5.1 speakers to use? Polk Audio rm6750 or Boston Acoustics xs5.

haven't heard the Boston XS 5.1, but they are available at Alfa for 16.5k without bill in WHITE colour only. The Denon 1311 also would be available in the grey market for around 19k.

Re: Denon 1311, which 5.1 speakers to use? Polk Audio rm6750 or Boston Acoustics xs5.

Hi guys,

I've got a LG Cinema 3d, 42lw6500 tv, and a LG bd550 dvd player.

I'm planning to buy a Home theatre system in the budget of 40-50k with a 3d compatible amp.

Currently i'm considering a denon 1311 amp. any better options in the amp part?

I'm confused of which 5.1 speakers to take with it, my room is not bigger than 15x20.

My options as of now are,

1) Polk audio, TL1600 or RM6750
2) Boston acousitcs, xs5.1
3) jamo A402

anyone has any better combination in mind?

Thanks in advance :)

Yup , 1311 is quite good receiver/Furture Proof (No Audyssey). I am running it. Try to Audition Jamo S406 or 506 with it.

Thanks

I heard lots of systems in last couple days.. and out of all those what i liked best was - Paradigm Cinema ct 90.

Couldn't find energy classic or micro anywhere.. Boston were good but not great. Polk Audio didn't stand in comparison to Paradigm ct90.

So, finally, I'll be having Denon 1311 + Paradigm Cinema ct90.

Anybody has any idea, how much different audyssey makes?? I can still go to 1611 if it is worth the extra money.

Btw, i'm getting the set-up in 60k (20k for denon + 40k for paradigm ct90). should i put some extra and get a 1611?

With 3 to 4k more you can get 1611+ct90. Having audessey is definitely a better option.

With 3 to 4k more you can get 1611+ct90. Having audessey is definitely a better option.

Just talked to my vendor. He is located in Andheri -west, DN Nagar, Mumbai. He said Audyssey works good only if you've a sound proof room. Otherwise it can sometime **** up you movie experience. and the price difference is 8k

Check with few other dealers as well. You could get ct 90 around 35k. What does audessey do in a quiet (sound proof) room? :rolleyes: curious.

Check with few other dealers as well. You could get ct 90 around 35k. What does audessey do in a quiet (sound proof) room? :rolleyes: curious.

Kittu, they were all selling ct 90 in the range of 42 to 46. Only the vendor in andheri west agreed for 40.. after your reply.. when i asked him about 1611, he said (he is quite a knowledgeable guy, no nonsense) he told me that, audyssey works well only in a closed environment. If you've an open room, It mis-calculates the dynamic changes many times and not always a great experience. and at last he said - You should trust you ears more than a machine!, Manual changes are always better.
No arguments, i said.

he said - You should trust you ears more than a machine!, Manual changes are always better.
No arguments, i said.

He is absolutely right on this point. :thumbsup:

Kittu, they were all selling ct 90 in the range of 42 to 46. Only the vendor in andheri west agreed for 40.. after your reply.. when i asked him about 1611, he said (he is quite a knowledgeable guy, no nonsense) he told me that, audyssey works well only in a closed environment. If you've an open room, It mis-calculates the dynamic changes many times and not always a great experience. and at last he said - You should trust you ears more than a machine!, Manual changes are always better.
No arguments, i said.

was it shailesh??

yeah, shailesh.. how do you know?? am i in good hands? :licklips:

cuz i also got denon polk from him (gave on good price) & the moment i talked abt audyssey he started....but one thing i personally experienced that audyssey works differently as per different sources. e.g lets say i have got 2 different mp3's & 2 diff movie rips & if audessey is off then the effects are quite good on 1 file & if i turn auyssey on then it is not so good. Similarly reverse....so accordingly you need to toggle it & feel the differences & then continue it for watching tht particular movie or song.

secondly the sales people will try to convince & give you those products in which they wud have more margin & hence you do take advice from them or hear whatever they say but get the thing only which convinces u.. comparing the output price n ur budget.

Hello friends,

I am looking to purchase a home theatre to use in a Room size - 17 ft x 12ft
with the following configuration ( 5.1) :

Amplifier - Denon 1311
Speakers set - Jamo HCS426
Sub - Jamo 210

Total package of 5.1 for Rs.63500.

Please advise if this is fine in terms of pricing and also acoustics btw I am located in Pune.

Thanks for your inputs.

Manoj

cuz i also got denon polk from him (gave on good price) & the moment i talked abt audyssey he started....but one thing i personally experienced that audyssey works differently as per different sources. e.g lets say i have got 2 different mp3's & 2 diff movie rips & if audessey is off then the effects are quite good on 1 file & if i turn auyssey on then it is not so good. Similarly reverse....so accordingly you need to toggle it & feel the differences & then continue it for watching tht particular movie or song.

secondly the sales people will try to convince & give you those products in which they wud have more margin & hence you do take advice from them or hear whatever they say but get the thing only which convinces u.. comparing the output price n ur budget.

Very true. But i had already srreched myself too mich from the budget of 40 to 60 couldnt afford more for av receiver. May be will replace when my understanding of beats goes that much beyond.. Coz earlier i had a 10k hts of lg n that too used to sound good to me then!!

Btw were u satisfied with installation n calibration from viola guys? Beyond a point, in music, i cant say nickle from a dime. So i guess i am gonna like whatever they're gonna do.

And one more question to vrasad, did shailesh tell you that polk was better than paradigm? Coz when i asked him he said paradigm beats polk all the way, no questions in it ;)

Hello friends,

I am looking to purchase a home theatre to use in a Room size - 17 ft x 12ft
with the following configuration ( 5.1) :

Amplifier - Denon 1311
Speakers set - Jamo HCS426
Sub - Jamo 210

Total package of 5.1 for Rs.63500.

Please advise if this is fine in terms of pricing and also acoustics btw I am located in Pune.

Thanks for your inputs.

Manoj

Not bad for the budget mate ..... Try also to take the sub out and audition Polk ,Elac and Klipsch sub as well with the combo and try it.

By the way you have auditioned 1311 with 426 and observed how well its driving them ? Right

Very true. But i had already srreched myself too mich from the budget of 40 to 60 couldnt afford more for av receiver. May be will replace when my understanding of beats goes that much beyond.. Coz earlier i had a 10k hts of lg n that too used to sound good to me then!!

Btw were u satisfied with installation n calibration from viola guys? Beyond a point, in music, i cant say nickle from a dime. So i guess i am gonna like whatever they're gonna do.

And one more question to vrasad, did shailesh tell you that polk was better than paradigm? Coz when i asked him he said paradigm beats polk all the way, no questions in it ;)

hi,

the guy who came for the installation did only physical connections & thats it. he is not aware of any settings nor does i think he understands much in the setup menu so forget about calibration. I was ok with it too because i wanted to setup each thing myself by reading, understanding it & settingup as per my preferences. If you want to do things well properly then ask him to send his guy for physical connections for 1st day & on other day call shailesh for the calibration part. i cant say that paradigm beats polk but he said me that paradigm ct 90 was over polk 6750. Moreover note that polk 6750 comes for 18k & hence it is not fair to compare them with speakers priced over 30k. I compared them with klipsch hd 500 (30k) & there wasnt any major diff. If you have budget over 60 I would recommend you not to go for denon 1311 instead go for 1611 or higher (will be beneficial in future) or i think denon has come with 1612 with a usb port which can also plays mp3 from a pen drive/ipod rather than only ipod over usb, supports 120W & has GUI setup but not sure if they are released in india or in how much time they can come. You can enquire profx about it. Note few months back profx were having the offer of denon1311+polk6750 for 34k so also check if they still have it. If your pref is more for music then go for floor standers..

hi,

the guy who came for the installation did only physical connections & thats it. he is not aware of any settings nor does i think he understands much in the setup menu so forget about calibration. I was ok with it too because i wanted to setup each thing myself by reading, understanding it & settingup as per my preferences. If you want to do things well properly then ask him to send his guy for physical connections for 1st day & on other day call shailesh for the calibration part. i cant say that paradigm beats polk but he said me that paradigm ct 90 was over polk 6750. Moreover note that polk 6750 comes for 18k & hence it is not fair to compare them with speakers priced over 30k. I compared them with klipsch hd 500 (30k) & there wasnt any major diff. If you have budget over 60 I would recommend you not to go for denon 1311 instead go for 1611 or higher (will be beneficial in future) or i think denon has come with 1612 with a usb port which can also plays mp3 from a pen drive/ipod rather than only ipod over usb, supports 120W & has GUI setup but not sure if they are released in india or in how much time they can come. You can enquire profx about it. Note few months back profx were having the offer of denon1311+polk6750 for 34k so also check if they still have it. If your pref is more for music then go for floor standers..

Hi prasad,

i had gone to profx but those guys were really rude. i had almost finalized the 1311 + polk 6750 with them for 37k.. but then they told me that the polks were not in stock and had no idea when will it come. so they tried to sell me polk tl1600 in 52k.. which i think was not worth the price... but i had liked rm 6750 + denon's sound over there.. quite crisp...

and my movie/music ratio is 90/10.. i hardly listen to music.... so i guess paradigm was better lil expensive though.. will change the av receiver in future..

had also tried for 1612 but they have not yet arrived in indian market... they'll take 4-5 months more...

dude, i'll contact you for the manual calibration.. can you guide me.. as a beginner what should i need to learn/read first.. will pm you i guess.. meanwhile if you can send me some links/material to start with.. they're gonna come for the installation on tomorrow morning.

Cheers!,
bhavesh

hi,

have you got the system from shailesh. What price have you got. As suggested you get the connections done & once it is physically installed, call sailesh & get it calibrated from him & ask him to elaborate every options. I would anyhow share my feedback wherever required.

hi,

have you got the system from shailesh. What price have you got. As suggested you get the connections done & once it is physically installed, call sailesh & get it calibrated from him & ask him to elaborate every options. I would anyhow share my feedback wherever required.

yeah, i got it from shailesh only. will post the review by tom eve :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back