Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

It's cool if you liked the combo of Polk + Yamaha. In my opinion since yamaha is little bright pairing a warm sounding speakers would be a get bet ( like wharfedale). Polks are considered to be bright sounding speakers but again it all depends on you only.You can even think of energy take classic 5.1 which are rated very high on performance. In BA HTS 2310 and energy you would probably get the natural crystal clear sound. one of the FM is really happy with HTS 2310 + Yamaha AVR.

How is Denon x1000 vs yamaha 477?

I have read in some reviews that yamaha AVRs are more reliable and less prone to any issues compared to Denon AVRs. Is it true?

Btw, what's you call on new Denon AVRs x510BT, x1100, x2100 etc
DENON AP | AVR-X510BT

Dear Rupam, I have been offered Yamaha 477 + polk 6750 for 69000 (AVR - 40000, speakers - 29000). What do you have to say about this.

I have auditioned this and liked as well. But after reading your several posts reg wharfedale I was thinking about audition that as well ( at least ms 100).

Similarly I am planning to audition Boston as well. BA A 2310 How is different from the famous BA xs 5.1 or BA s 5.1

Btw, what is your suggestion on Yamaha 477 and Pioneer bdp 450

Rupam, awaiting for your expert comments

Dear Sai, I would definitely recommend you Polk 6750 among those speakers. But whats the price ?

Dear Rupam,
Would you like to recommend polk 6750 over wharfedale ms-100. At the time of your purchase you mentioned that you did not audition polk audio. More recently did you get a chance to audition polk 6750? Any reason why you are now preferring polk 6750 over your own wharfedale ms-100?

How about Denon x1000 in comparison with yamaha 477?
Denon x1000 = 35k vs yamaha 477 = 40k

Also would like to hear your comments on the new denon AVRs x1100w (of course not yet available in India). Do you think we should give importance to wifi and Bluetooth. Just in case if it's value is just 5k-7k more than x1000 is it worth buying

It's cool if you liked the combo of Polk + Yamaha. In my opinion since yamaha is little bright pairing a warm sounding speakers would be a get bet ( like wharfedale). Polks are considered to be bright sounding speakers but again it all depends on you only.You can even think of energy take classic 5.1 which are rated very high on performance. In BA HTS 2310 and energy you would probably get the natural crystal clear sound. one of the FM is really happy with HTS 2310 + Yamaha AVR.

Dear Pranay,

Is energy take classic 5.1 available in India? If not, pls. let me know a proper channel to import? Do you have any idea where can we audition this in bangalore?

Dear Members,

I have more or less decided to go ahead with the Yamaha 477 amp with Wharfedale ms 100 or DX 1.

Please share your views on the above ?

Thanking you in anticipation

@ Rupam : I haven't been able to audition the wharfedale but the online reviews and user feedback seems to be very positive.
I see that you are very happy with Ms 100 right?
Any feedback on how the yamaha 477 is?

I hv shortlised few options now
1. Wharfedale MS 100 with Denon 500 for 56K
2. Wharfedale MS 100 with Yamaha 375 for 58K
3. Wharfedale MS 70+ Denon 500 for 58K ( sounds great but slightly oversize for my tv panel)

I would choose Yamaha 375 over Denon 500 because of its automatic room calibration facility. If you like the sound of Wharfedale MS 70+ then go for it, you can mount the speakers with the help of a electrician, or if you want to save some money buy Wahrfedale MS 100 which is equally good.

Hi Rupam,

I am new to this forum and planning to buy a home theatre within budget of INR 55K.

1. Wharfedale MS 100 HCP with Yamaha RX 477/377 or Denon x500 / X1000.
2. Are there any receivers which would you suggest alongwith Wharfedale MS 100 HCP ?

Would really appreciate a quick response on this.

Thanks

Prateek

Yamaha RX-V477 will cost you around 39-40k so it will be difficult to adjust the speakers in your budget. Get Yamaha RX-V377. Otherwise get Denon AVR X 1000 (about 34/35k). It depends on your choice. Yamaha has lots of DSP presets. I prefer the sound of Denon for movies.
These two receivers are nearly identical in terms of basic specification. They're both on par when it comes to sound quality, amplification power, configuration options and network features. The few differences are:

V477:

Support for legacy component video switching
More legacy analog audio/video input posts
A very basic version of Yamaha's calibration technology

AVR-X1000

An advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT calibration technology
Sixth HDMI input on the front panel
No old-school component video support

Good calibration technology is one of the few ways where an AVR can influence sound quality in a meaningful way. Denon's MultEQ XT, carefully used, can actually make a real difference to the quality of your system's sound.

Last edited:
Hi Rupam,

Thanks for your expert comments.

I have couple of questions :

1. My requirements are 50% music and 50% movies and have budget of 70-80k for AV receivers + speakers. I have gone through all the threads and want to know if Wharfedale MS 100 would be a good bet for 50% music and 50% movie requirements ? Room Size 16*12

2. For Wharfedale MS 100 , Should i go for Yamaha 477 or Denon X1000 ?

3. Are there any other combinations of Speakers + AV receivers within the budget which would outperform the ones shortlisted above ?

I am planning to purchase by next week, an early response would be highly appreciated.:clapping:

Regards

Prateek

I have finally purchased Paradigm Cinema CT 100 with Denon X1100.

Awesome experience...it brings theatre to your home....

Complete package cost was INR 1.25 Lacs.

Denon AVR x1100 - INR 46000

Paradigm Cinema CT 100 cost - 65000

Wires - 14000

Will share pics very soon..

Hi Rupam,

Have you tried connecting satellite speaker with banana plugs ?

I have ordered below 4mm banana plugs, however they are not fitting inside speaker.
14pcs/lot! 4mm Nakamichi Banana Plug 24K Gold Plated Speaker Copper Adapter Audio Jack Socket Screw Binding Post Connector RCDNK-in Connectors from Electrical Equipment & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Let me know if you have used then what type of banana plugs needs to be used with MS-100.

I will appreciate link to banana plug which will fit this speaker.

Thanks in advance.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back