Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

Congrats on your purchase. Post some pics for our pleasure. Subwoofer is powerful but needs to be adjusted/increased in order to suit your room and environment. Did you use bluray?

Subwoofer settings -- Keep the Sub volume at (power) 3 o'clock position.
Keep the Cross over setting to max.

Next On your receiver go to Advance options > Adjusting the volume of the different speakers> Press CH LEVEL turn up the subwoofer volume by +5 db.

Let me know if there is any improvement.

Thanks Rupam,

I will try your settings. Yes have used FullHD bluray rip of the matrix which is around 8GB with AC3 audio.

Rupam
I had a demo of below systems last weekend
MS-100 with Yamaha 673 - It was really good. very clear sound quality but even the designer audi person told me that for my 17 ft viewing distance, MS-100 may lack punch

AAD IQ 5.1 - Not impressive. MS-100 was better in terms of sound quality though this is a bigger and more powerful system with twitters in each satelite

QUAD LITE PLUS with denon 1910 - This was a mind blowing experience. just so much better even in comparison with MS-100. Way superior bass and sound quality in dialogs. Looks a perfect fit for my room size but expensive.

Boston Acoustics A2310 - I took this demo at MZ audio which is distributor of boston in mumbai. I am not sure whether this system was configured correctly but it was worst performing than all the above. Way below expectations.

I am not finding any dealer in mumbai/pune for Energy micro/definitive technology or Tannoy hence not able to demo them.

any other suggestions in satelites? In other thread I am trying to get some inputs on quad liteplus system but not getting any. Even there are very few reviews on net for this system but this was by far the best we have heard till now.

Congrats on your purchase. Post some pics for our pleasure. Subwoofer is powerful but needs to be adjusted/increased in order to suit your room and environment. Did you use bluray?

Subwoofer settings -- Keep the Sub volume at (power) 3 o'clock position.
Keep the Cross over setting to max.

Next On your receiver go to Advance options > Adjusting the volume of the different speakers> Press CH LEVEL turn up the subwoofer volume by +5 db.

Let me know if there is any improvement.

@Rupam

Thanks, I tried your settings, YPAO already set subwoofer volume to +6.5db.
Only change I made is turn Sub Volume at 3 o'clock position and "bass" sounded as per my expectation.

The package is quite heavy as I lifted it from ground floor to 3rd floor in my flat. But its surely not 100 Kg. If it was 100 kg I would have been in Guinness Book. :lol:

The subwoofer is around 8.5 kg and 5 satellites are (4X 0.66 kg) + centre is 0.81 = 12 KG + The carton weight 1 kg = 13 Kg. (approx)

Dx1 is now too costly. I would advice you to go for MS 100 instead now.

Rupam. Wharf MS100 is 4 ohms whereas Denon recommended is 8 ohms. Do you manage enough volume with your 1513 ? Any heating up in the Denon ?

Which would be better > Energy Take classic OR MS 100 with Denon 1612

Rupam. Wharf MS100 is 4 ohms whereas Denon recommended is 8 ohms. Do you manage enough volume with your 1513 ? Any heating up in the Denon ?

Which would be better > Energy Take classic OR MS 100 with Denon 1612

Yes, Denon 1513 is sufficiently strong and loud for Wharfedale MS 100. I never turn up my volume more than 60%.

At the time of audition Energy Take classic was costlier than Wharfedale MS 100 by 12000/-. On the point of view of the sound Energy Take classic was a bit more agile. I didn't feel that sound difference would cost that much.

I just wanted to know whether dx-1 is really that much more better than MS-100 as the current price. The current price quoted by designer audio for MS-100 with denon 500 is 58K and with denon 1000 is 66K. DX-1 with denon 1000 is 90 K which is 24 K more. Looks like he is taking advantage of the fact that hifivision has made DX-1 very popular.

I cant say how DX-1 would compare against MS-100 as I have not tried them both, but I can definitely vouch for DX-1 speaker set individually. I have been using it now for months (with Denon 1713), and I have to say, it just blows my mind away everytime I use it. It still is the best speaker set that I have heard till now, whether its with music or movies.

a friend of mine is gifting his RTi CSiA4 Centre. I already have a Denon 1612. I am confused whether I should go for Wharf MS100 or buy 2 RTiA1 for front, TSi 100 for Surround. Which subwoofer is good to pair up with RTi series (not an expensive one please).

Plz help ... Polk Bookshelves OR Wharf MS100 ?

Don't compare Bookshelves with satellites. They are different in every aspect. It will be costly also compared to MS 100. For subwoofer, try Sonodyne Roarr 210. Its very good.

dear Rupam,

First of all thanks a lot to you. The reason is I was hitting my head from last 7 days to find the best config of HT which should be within my budget. But After going through your post HATS off to u my problem is solved but i really need your help in 2 places. My ultimate use will be 50:50 equally Movies ( Blu ray , BR Rips, DVD rips ), MUSIC ( from USB, Original MP#, Original AUDIO CDS) and gaming ( PS3, XBOX).

1. Please suggest the best within budget amp for MS 100 as denon models mentioned in this thread is under discontinuoed section. and finally.

2. On Cables - do we needs to buy cables separately, if yes what all and wht types.Please recommend.

Thanks in advance...

dear Rupam,

First of all thanks a lot to you. The reason is I was hitting my head from last 7 days to find the best config of HT which should be within my budget. But After going through your post HATS off to u my problem is solved but i really need your help in 2 places. My ultimate use will be 50:50 equally Movies ( Blu ray , BR Rips, DVD rips ), MUSIC ( from USB, Original MP#, Original AUDIO CDS) and gaming ( PS3, XBOX).

1. Please suggest the best within budget amp for MS 100 as denon models mentioned in this thread is under discontinuoed section. and finally.

2. On Cables - do we needs to buy cables separately, if yes what all and wht types.Please recommend.

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

I have brought Yamaha 375 + Wharfedale MS 100 + Cable for 63500/-.

Yes, Speaker does not comes with cable, so you need to buy it separately.

For speaker cable check hifimart.com, I have brought DAC Speacker Cable 16 AWG.

Hope that helps you.

dear Rupam,

Thanks in advance...

As jigarpatel suggested, go for Yamaha AVR or Denon X-500. But Yamaha is preferred for its musical balance.

Yes, you need to buy the cables separately, measure how much cabling you need from AVR to 5 speakers and then order accordingly, keep extra 10 meters in hand incase you need to reroute the cables as per your room arrangement.
I also suggest buying cables from hifimart. I have bought subwoofer cables from them, thy are reliable and offer competitive price.

Rupam based upon your's and jigar's suggestions I will order the same from Hi-Fi mart.com.

1.Can you tell me apart from ordering speaker cables what is to be ordered for sub woofer and any other accessories which i need to be ready with.

2. Yamaha AVR + Wharfedale 5.1 - jigar can u tell me the best configuration for music, movies and games in the initial setup please.

3. finally where i can find the best offers in bangalore

sorry brothers to bother you but i genuinely need your help heree to makew my decision

Last edited:
Hi

I am about to place order for MS100. just need a final word of advice from experts on AVR. I need to choose between Denon X500 AND Yamaha RX V375. My requirement is 100% movies.The speaker auto calibration feature in yamaha is the only notable difference i could see. Please guide me on this last hurdle so that i can take final call.

Hey Rupam,

Please confirm buddy -- apart from purchasing DAC SPK16 AWG OFC DUAL SPEAKER CABLE, do i need to buy anything else like sub woofer cable ( if yes then please suggest your favorite) and anything like banana plugins ( if yes please suggest how many for 5.1). Please confirm as I am totally new to this area and really need your support to close this out.

Regards,

Rajiv

Rupam based upon your's and jigar's suggestions I will order the same from Hi-Fi mart.com.

1.Can you tell me apart from ordering speaker cables what is to be ordered for sub woofer and any other accessories which i need to be ready with.

2. Yamaha AVR + Wharfedale 5.1 - jigar can u tell me the best configuration for music, movies and games in the initial setup please.

3. finally where i can find the best offers in bangalore

sorry brothers to bother you but i genuinely need your help heree to makew my decision

Congrats for your purchase.
Since my usage was 90% Movie and 10% music.
Hence my setup is more towards Movies, also this is my first HT setup.
1. I positioned my speaker as per manual in speaker box.

2. I used YPAO to automatically configured speaker levels and distance.
One note for YPAO, I have found that depend on volume set in AVR, distance calculated for subwoofer is different. Hence suggest you to first configure it with around 25db. then check weather output is up too your test, My recommendation would be run again with volume set to level at which you want to watch your movies, and you will be fine.

3. To get more explosion effects in movie, as rupam suggested, my subwoofer volume knob is at 3 O'clock position. Crossover know at max in subwoofer.

4. From some other forum I read that ".1" channel is recorded 10db less volume in studio, hence AVR need to increase it by 10db. However I find 7db increase in subwoofer volume sufficient for me.

5. For music, I mostly here bollywood old songs like Lata, Mukesh, hence I always switch off subwoofer and set Music DSP to 5 ch speaker, it gives output to my test.

6. For gaming, currently i can not comments, since AVR is connected though my PC using SPDIF. SPDIF has limitation in bandwidth which can not transfer 5 channel PCM though it. Hence my current gaming is in mostly 2 channel PCM. If you are connecting your system through HDMI, you will not have any issues.

Hope above information helps you.

I purchased MS-100 with YAMAHA RX V-375 today. Waiting for the deliveries now.

Thanks all for your inputs which helped me to take this decision.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back