Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

Avoid HTIB because they don't offer much flexibility in future up gradation.
You room is quiet large, so why don't you go for Jamo S 426 HCS (21000/- @Reliance Digital) and Denon 1713. Its a very good package. You can also go for Energy RC Micro (Can be demoded at Onkyo dealers) speakers which is exceptional but costlier than Wharfedale MS 100.
7.1 set up will push your budget because the AVR alone will cost 40k. Invest in a good speakers.
I'm from Kolkata so don't know much about Mumbai dealers but you can look up names of these shops in google and find their address.
Shops and dealers
Lakozy - PSB, Definitve, NAD
The Shop - Mordaunt Short, Canton, Cambridge Audio
Boomarang - Monitor Audio, Quad, Dali, Marantz, Pioneer
Designer Audio - AAD, Quad, Denon, Wharfedale
ProFX - KEF, Focal, Denon, Polk
Thump - Mirage, Energy, Marantz
JBL - JBL, HK, Infinity

Address
Lakozy - La-Kozy Mansion,21,Chowpatty Seaface, Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA PIN-400007 # 022-23697001

The Shop - Elegant House, Plot No 195, D N Nagar, Building No 35, Andheri (West)
New Andheri-Oshiwara Link Road, Mumbai, 022 26204706

Boomarang - Juhu Tara Rd, Juhu Mumbai- 400049 # 022-26194452
- Shop No. 11-12, Vasant Marvel, Eastern Express Highway, Borivali
East, Mumbai # 022 28548910

Designer Audio - 9, Ground Floor, Arun Chamber
Tardeo, Mumbai # 022 23520320

ProFX - 246, ATRIA MALL, WORLI MUMBAI, # 022 6660 8164

Sonus Faber & dCS are with La Kozy @ Chowpatty.

Thump: Atria Mall, Worli
JBL, HK & Infinity - Palladium Mall, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel

Must visit

Address:
HiFiMART
14A Strand House
Strand Road
Colaba
Mumbai-400005
Telephone:
93223-37331
Email address:

Avoid HTIB because they don't offer much flexibility in future up gradation.
You room is quiet large, so why don't you go for Jamo S 426 HCS (21000/- @Reliance Digital) and Denon 1713. Its a very good package. You can also go for Energy RC Micro (Can be demoded at Onkyo dealers) speakers which is exceptional but costlier than Wharfedale MS 100.
7.1 set up will push your budget because the AVR alone will cost 40k. Invest in a good speakers.
I'm from Kolkata so don't know much about Mumbai dealers but you can look up names of these shops in google and find their address.
Shops and dealers
Lakozy - PSB, Definitve, NAD
The Shop - Mordaunt Short, Canton, Cambridge Audio
Boomarang - Monitor Audio, Quad, Dali, Marantz, Pioneer
Designer Audio - AAD, Quad, Denon, Wharfedale
ProFX - KEF, Focal, Denon, Polk
Thump - Mirage, Energy, Marantz
JBL - JBL, HK, Infinity

Address
Lakozy - La-Kozy Mansion,21,Chowpatty Seaface, Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA PIN-400007 # 022-23697001

The Shop - Elegant House, Plot No 195, D N Nagar, Building No 35, Andheri (West)
New Andheri-Oshiwara Link Road, Mumbai, 022 26204706

Boomarang - Juhu Tara Rd, Juhu Mumbai- 400049 # 022-26194452
- Shop No. 11-12, Vasant Marvel, Eastern Express Highway, Borivali
East, Mumbai # 022 28548910

Designer Audio - 9, Ground Floor, Arun Chamber
Tardeo, Mumbai # 022 23520320

ProFX - 246, ATRIA MALL, WORLI MUMBAI, # 022 6660 8164

Sonus Faber & dCS are with La Kozy @ Chowpatty.

Thump: Atria Mall, Worli
JBL, HK & Infinity - Palladium Mall, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel

Must visit

Address:
HiFiMART
14A Strand House
Strand Road
Colaba
Mumbai-400005
Telephone:
93223-37331
Email address:

Thanks for your response and suggestion. The combo sounds great and a tempting price but unfortunately I don't have space for floor standing speakers. Should I stick to wharfedale 100? At Hifi mart they are priced at 38000/-. Is it ok to buy from them? Would they do the installation too? I am not capable of doing the calibration myself.
Also, what are your thoughts on what the dealer said about the subwoofer. Do I need a higher powered one?
And thanks too for the shops suggested. Have already been to The Shop and it was they who suggested 7.1 Onkyo 5500. They are supposed to be quite expy.
Will try out some of the nearby shops from your list and will also try to visit HiFi mart.

Hi Rupam,

Thanks for the useful information. I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I am visiting my parents this week in Kolkata and will be helping them setup a budget home theater system.

My original plan was to buy the Boston Acoustics 5.1 and Marantz 1403 Stereo Receiver.

On reading your review, you suggest I buy my gear from Harmony ? Is that where you bought your speakers and AV receiver from ?

Also have you heard of the new Focal showroom in the city?

Thanks A.

Hi Rupam,

Thanks for the useful information. I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I am visiting my parents this week in Kolkata and will be helping them setup a budget home theater system.

My original plan was to buy the Boston Acoustics 5.1 and Marantz 1403 Stereo Receiver.

On reading your review, you suggest I buy my gear from Harmony ? Is that where you bought your speakers and AV receiver from ?

Also have you heard of the new Focal showroom in the city?

Thanks A.

Yes, I bought my speakers and AVR from Harmonie in New Alipur. When I was shopping for AVR, Focal shop was not yet set up. I suggest you also audition 5.1 Pack Sib - 5 Sib & Sub Air and Wahrfedale MS 100, make a comparison then choose. Stick to Denon, I don't know if there are any service centres of Marantz in Kolkata. 5.1 Pack Sib - 5 Sib & Sub Air - Focal

Can you please give me the address of Focal store in Kolkata?

You can also go for Energy RC Micro (Can be demoded at Onkyo dealers) speakers which is exceptional but costlier than Wharfedale MS 100.

Can you explain what this means.

Your room size is similar to mine so I wanted to know if the sub in your system is powerful enough or do I need to go for something with greater power as suggested by the dealer.

I am planning to go for 5.1. Should I pick up a HTIB like onkyo 3500 or Denon and then add a stronger sub? I know you don't approve of HTIBs but I am so confused with all the various advice and opinions and the cost keeps escalating. I started with about 35000/- and now I seem to have reached somewhere near 75000/-. Don't mind spending that but would it give me what I need?

Would really appreciate your opinion.

I am planning to go for 5.1. Should I pick up a HTIB like onkyo 3500 or Denon and then add a stronger sub? I know you don't approve of HTIBs but I am so confused with all the various advice and opinions and the cost keeps escalating. I started with about 35000/- and now I seem to have reached somewhere near 75000/-. Don't mind spending that but would it give me what I need?

Onkyo 3500 has a passive sub so it cannot be upgraded. Even I was looking for HTiB and cost for me has increased manyfolds just like yours. :eek:hyeah:

You can also go for Energy RC Micro (Can be demoded at Onkyo dealers) speakers which is exceptional but costlier than Wharfedale MS 100.

Can you explain what this means.

Your room size is similar to mine so I wanted to know if the sub in your system is powerful enough or do I need to go for something with greater power as suggested by the dealer.

Hey Rupam, please reply :sad:

If you really want to settle for HTib, go for atleast Onkyo HT-S4505. But then, as you have good budget why settle for HTib? Energy Speaker authorized distributor in India is Prodigi India - Home.
You can contact

The Shop
Plot no.195,D.N nagar Bldg No.35,
New-Andheri Oshiwara Link Road.,
Andheri (west),Mumbai 400053
Tel:91 22 26204710/26204706/26237800
Mobile:9820654522 Mr.Jignesh Patel
[email protected]

U-Square Electronics & Electricals
Mr. Uday Bhat
V.L Sawant Marg,
Off Caesar Rd. Amboli
Andheri (W),
Mumbai-4000058
Tel:26774551
Mobile:98210 41194
For Demo

But also Demo Wharfedale ms 100, then decide which one you like most.

If you really want to settle for HTib, go for atleast Onkyo HT-S4505. But then, as you have good budget why settle for HTib? Energy Speaker authorized distributor in India is Prodigi India - Home.
You can contact

The Shop
Plot no.195,D.N nagar Bldg No.35,
New-Andheri Oshiwara Link Road.,
Andheri (west),Mumbai 400053
Tel:91 22 26204710/26204706/26237800
Mobile:9820654522 Mr.Jignesh Patel
[email protected]

U-Square Electronics & Electricals
Mr. Uday Bhat
V.L Sawant Marg,
Off Caesar Rd. Amboli
Andheri (W),
Mumbai-4000058
Tel:26774551
Mobile:98210 41194
For Demo

But also Demo Wharfedale ms 100, then decide which one you like most.

Thanks for your response. Believe me I did not have the budget, it was thrust upon me. That is why I want to be sure I am getting what I need. If I get it from something less why spend :lol:

I don't know if the demo will give me an idea given the room size that's why I wanted to know from your personal experience with the Whafedales. If its worth spending the extra on the Energy? HiFi mart has the wharfys at 38. Worth it?

Just found out wharfe and energy are more or less same price so I guess it just boils down to the demo.

Do I need to place these speakers a good distance away from the wall?

Last edited:
I bought Wharfedale MS 100 @ 28k. Now its 10k extra. Worth it or not depends whether you like the sound or not. But I think you can also get Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 which is a overall good performer and the cost is lower. 24,000.00/- only
At this price point there no better speakers for the time being. Buy it from 5.1 Home Theatre System

Rupam.... Nice review.

Guys what will be the least & latest price for Denon 1513 or Denon 1612 ?

Regards

I bought Wharfedale MS 100 @ 28k. Now its 10k extra. Worth it or not depends whether you like the sound or not. But I think you can also get Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 which is a overall good performer and the cost is lower. 24,000.00/- only
At this price point there no better speakers for the time being. Buy it from 5.1 Home Theatre System

Hi Rupam,

After going through your post, i have decided to go for Denon 1713+Wharfedale DX 1. But when i go to one shop, he have 1713 + Wharfedale DX 1 and 1713 + Definitive procinema 600 for same price.
Also shop guy is suggesting me to go for definitive and telling it is better than wharfedale. i listened both several times and couldn't find a difference. but my wife is telling wharfedale is better.

Did you get any chance to audition 1713 with definitive. please suggest me which speaker i should select from these 2. both are same price.

Thanks,

You should listen to your wife afterall she is the BETTERhalf not you ! :lol:
And women do possess finer senses than men.

I have not heard Definitive procinema 600 but lots of happy wharfedale users in this forum.

Hi Rupam,

I am planning to buy ms 100 speaker and avr.
My usage will be 50 % movies, 40% gaming and 10% music.

Can you tell me which AVR is better Denon 1513 or Yamaha RX 373 ?

Any body from pune can comment on service/repairing center available for Denon or Yamaha, So that if any thing goes wrong can be repaired locally.

I think Yamaha has maximum number of service centers. You can check the lsit of service centeres in the official website of denon and yamaha.

I think Yamaha has maximum number of service centers. You can check the lsit of service centeres in the official website of denon and yamaha.

I have checked denon and yamaha website.

For yamaha there is a service centre in pune.
For Denon I did not found any solid information about service centre in pune.

Can anybody comment on How good Yamaha 373 perform for Movies and Games ?

I have checked denon and yamaha website.

For yamaha there is a service centre in pune.
For Denon I did not found any solid information about service centre in pune.

Can anybody comment on How good Yamaha 373 perform for Movies and Games ?

For Denon service you should contact Profx in india, they are official Denon distributors along with Kripa Electronis.
Visit Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions http://www.kripaindia.com/

Visit : Pune AV Xellence 19/21, Akshay Complex,Dhole Patil Road +912026165000, +912026168220

Yamaha is budget stunner performer, lots of members are using Yamaha 373 in this forum, They are very happy. If you like the sound then, go for it. Featurewise Yamaha 373 is better than Denon 1513.

Last edited:
hi

can anyone suggest a reliable dealer for buying the Wharfedale DX1 or MS-100 packages in Pune?

Please visite these showrooms:

SILO MEDIA & SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD. (for DAC, Byford Audio, Vueguard, Vuemax)
Off No.3 & 4, 'A' Wing, 1st Floor, Mittal Court, Opp. Mahesh Lunch Home,
PCTS-478, Rasta Peth, Pune 411011.
Tel: 020-65218261, 9822066943, 9881548048
Email: [email protected]

NISARG AVISHKAR (for DAC, Byford Audio)
Satara Road, Pune.
Tel: (9520) 24225001, 24223159, 9422030330, 9423566435.

A.V. EXCELLENCE (for Vueguard, Vuemax, DAC, Byford Audio)
19, Akshay Complex, Dhole Patil Road, Pune-411001.
Tel: 9850982064 Email: [email protected]

MAHARASHTRA ELECTRONICS (for Vueguard, DAC)
115, M.G.Road, Camp, Opp. Royal Bakery, Pune-411001.
Tel: (9520) 26347681, 26347683 Email: [email protected]

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back