Denon 1513 and Wharfedale MS 100 Speaker

Thanks... ProFx doesn't deals in wharfedale...

You suggest I could go ahead with beats99 and they will be able to get Denon as well as wharfedale serviced? Kindly suggest and If yes, then I will close with them.

Alliance 4 quoted 70k, designer audio quoted 68k. So it's either beats99 if the feedback is good for after sales service, else the shop it is...

Cheers, Anshum

As far as know, the "Gangotri" of Denon is the same..Even Beats99 might also be procuring from Kripa Electronics only. So, I feel you will also be diverted to same service station if you purchase from Beats99.:)

As far as know, the "Gangotri" of Denon is the same..Even Beats99 might also be procuring from Kripa Electronics only. So, I feel you will also be diverted to same service station if you purchase from Beats99.:)

You are right.. Spoke to Kripa electronics.. he said.. Beats99 isnt our authorized retailer :( nd we dont offer any after sales for stuff coming through them... That's a catch.. I guess i will visit Beats99 in a day or 2, nd speak to them.. If not satisfied, settling with The Shop...

Thanks a ton..shall keep posted..

cheers, Anshum

Finally placed the order for Denon 1713 with Wharfdale 10.2 +10.cs :) at The Shop. And guess what!!! The damn rates for Wharfs revised this very week.. Had to pay more than what he initially quoted but I really had no patience to think it over about the Beats99 offer or reevaluate my choice .. Hoping lil extra would translate into good after sales service, and hopefully a good product that doesn't needs much service.. Fingers crossed.. Expecting the system to come in latest by sunday....

Satish at The shop was candid enough to suggest that I could settle for 10.1 if I was sure of my plans to add fronts later.. However, "later" keeps stretching.. Nd I guess 10.2 would serve good as front speakers.. Max is add a sub in next 6 months ...

Once again, Rupam and Umapati... Thanks a ton for all your help...

Guys, if I can bother you more.. I have already disposed my old Philips DVD player also.. Any suggestions for a DVD/media player i can settle for? Appreciate suggestions in minimum budget... With or without blu ray shud do....

Cheers.. Thanks again...
Anshum

Finally placed the order for Denon 1713 with Wharfdale 10.2 +10.cs :) at The Shop. And guess what!!! The damn rates for Wharfs revised this very week.. Had to pay more than what he initially quoted but I really had no patience to think it over about the Beats99 offer or reevaluate my choice .. Hoping lil extra would translate into good after sales service, and hopefully a good product that doesn't needs much service.. Fingers crossed.. Expecting the system to come in latest by sunday....

Satish at The shop was candid enough to suggest that I could settle for 10.1 if I was sure of my plans to add fronts later.. However, "later" keeps stretching.. Nd I guess 10.2 would serve good as front speakers.. Max is add a sub in next 6 months ...

Once again, Rupam and Umapati... Thanks a ton for all your help...

Guys, if I can bother you more.. I have already disposed my old Philips DVD player also.. Any suggestions for a DVD/media player i can settle for? Appreciate suggestions in minimum budget... With or without blu ray shud do....

Cheers.. Thanks again...
Anshum

Congratulations..Buddy..its our pleasure to share our experiences.BTW all wharfedale speakers prices have gone up..I have recently added WD live to my set up & its awesome..
Enjoy your system..Congo again..:):):)

Congratulations, suggest you go for the Panasonic 220 which is a great disc spinner as well as a great media player.

Thanks guys..

Amarendra, how abt Panasonic DVD s685? Am thinking of settling for a DVD now, nd put money in a ps3 later..

Cheers, Anshum

Not sure if the DVD player you have mentioned can act as a media player. Also I had the ps3 but the choice of formats for video and audio at limited. Eg for video it will not play mkv and for audio flac is ruled out.

Hey Rupam,

I am about to get the MS-100 with Denon X500 which is a latest version of 1513 only.. I don't need Airlay etc. as HDMI pass through was my main concern you know.. But 1 technical question.. X500 doesn't have ARC support in HDMI-out like 1513. So what I need to connect my BDP & DTH set top box with AVR... 2 optical fibre cables???

Thanks.

No, why do you need optical cable? Denon AVR has 3 HDMI in. So you connect like this
DTH HDMI out -----> AVR HDMI in
BD player HDMI out ----> AVR HDMI in
AVR HDMI Monitor out -----> TV HDMI in

denon-avr-x500-rear.jpg

Thats its. Now when you want to watch DTH, change the input source from remote.
Its very easy. No need to use ARC feature. GO ahead, I though you already bought.

I'm very much happy with Wharfedale MS 100. Prices have gone up quite.

Last edited:
Okkay.. So it means the silent TV comes in the end & audio is transferred to speakers Before via AVR..What is the main function of ARC then?? & 2 last Questions Rupam.. Is only 1 HDMI of 1513/X500 has pass through function or all 3 when the receiver is on stand-by mode???.. I just need 1 to solve my purpose for watching DTH in both modes AND Can I connect any multimedia player in future to Game HDMI port on rear panel(or it goes like Sat-Sat, Blu ray-Blu-Ray & Game-Game)???

I got busy in my exams & my room was under construction. Getting good deal in hifi mart, Combo with Denon X500 is for 57k there, yea price has increased. But I wanted to clear my all the doubts before. Thanks a lott Rupam.. I will post the pics soon.

My other equipments will be..
-Panasonic 50 inches plasma from UT or ST series.. as HDMI2 of both TVs having ARC so got confused regarding audio transmission.
-Sony BDP S490 as it is getting rave reviews from last 6 months.

After so much net surfing the best part of Denon1513/X500 is 1 front HDMI port & HDMI pass through in this price range. It lacks USB port but BDP can fill that void.

I just read about ARC in detail.. I think it is for the internal sources of TV like playing smart links from youtube, skype etc. then ARC will transfer the audio from TV to AVR. Am I right?? Rupam I just need my BDP & DTH connected to AVR with DTH on standby pass through mode, BDP directly with AVR.

So its a game of just 3 HDMI cables, that's it. Correct??

Regards

Sukhi

The Audio Return Channel in HDMI 1.4 enables a TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data upstream to an A/V receiver or surround audio controller, increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection.

But why do you need ARC? Your Set top Box Signal is going to AVR so when you choose Set top box HDMI input AVR in remote you will hear set top box sound

Coming to your 2nd question, HDMI labels Sat, Blu ray & Game are just for easy reference. You can connect to any HDMI input.

Best of Luck for your exams.

Hi guys,

I'm a new member from Malaysia. Was searching for a review on the Wharfedale MS-100 so I end up in this thread.

One question. Currently there's an opening sales promotion by one of the local stores nearby to where I'm staying. They are offering combo package of Onkyo TX-NR414 5.1 DTS HD AV Receiver + Wharfedale MS100 Satellite 5.1 Speaker System for RM2,999 (around rs 56k) original price is RM4,590 (around rs 86k)

I would like to know whether or not if this is a good buy?

Currently my TV set is Sony Bravia KDL-47W704 (not 3D supported as I don't prefer 3D). Mainly use for watching Blu-ray movies and playing games. Both using PS3 as the Blu-ray player.

FYI, one more combo pack is Pioneer VSX-822K 5.1 3D DTS HD AV Receiver + Wharfedale DX-1 Satellite 5.1 Speaker System for RM3,999 (around rs 76k) original price is RM5,679 (around rs 106k). It's a little expensive for me but I still can manage to afford it if it is recommended.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm a new member from Malaysia. Was searching for a review on the Wharfedale MS-100 so I end up in this thread.

One question. Currently there's an opening sales promotion by one of the local stores nearby to where I'm staying. They are offering combo package of Onkyo TX-NR414 5.1 DTS HD AV Receiver + Wharfedale MS100 Satellite 5.1 Speaker System for RM2,999 (around rs 56k) original price is RM4,590 (around rs 86k)

I would like to know whether or not if this is a good buy?

Currently my TV set is Sony Bravia KDL-47W704 (not 3D supported as I don't prefer 3D). Mainly use for watching Blu-ray movies and playing games. Both using PS3 as the Blu-ray player.

FYI, one more combo pack is Pioneer VSX-822K 5.1 3D DTS HD AV Receiver + Wharfedale DX-1 Satellite 5.1 Speaker System for RM3,999 (around rs 76k) original price is RM5,679 (around rs 106k). It's a little expensive for me but I still can manage to afford it if it is recommended.

Thanks!

Go for combo Pioneer VSX-822K 5.1 3D DTS HD AV Receiver + Wharfedale DX-1 . I don't see any value for money for First package , Onkyo TX-NR414 is a basic receiver and Wharfedale MS 100 should not cost more that 30k. ;)

Go for combo Pioneer VSX-822K 5.1 3D DTS HD AV Receiver + Wharfedale DX-1 . I don't see any value for money for First package , Onkyo TX-NR414 is a basic receiver and Wharfedale MS 100 should not cost more that 30k. ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. Regarding the 2nd package, the Pioneer VSX-822k + Wharfedale DX-1. Is it good in term of performance? As what I've mentioned earlier. I'm only using it Blu-ray movies and gaming. I'm not that much into music. What I'm looking for is a home theater that can produce/deliver an excellent sound quality. I will not turn it to high/max volume. The volume will be fix when it's good enough for my ear to listen and enjoy the sound quality when watching movies or playing games. Plus, my room space is really small.

Anyway, I feel that the 3D that the package deliver is a waste because my TV set does not support 3D.

Regards :)

Wharfedale DX-1 is an excellent speaker package. Here is a review Wharfdale DX-1 HCP review - Loudspeakers

You don't need to turn up the volume to enjoy HT sound. For your room this package is ideal. Many people are already using it in this forum. They are more than happy. Pioneer receivers are also considered bright sounding so paring them with Wharfedale is a good idea.

Last edited:
Wharfedale DX-1 is an excellent speaker package. Here is a review Wharfdale DX-1 HCP review - Loudspeakers

You don't need to turn up the volume to enjoy HT sound. For your room this package is ideal. Many people are already using it in this forum. They are more than happy. Pioneer receivers are also considered bright sounding so paring them with Wharfedale is a good idea.

Thanks again for your reply. Now I'm more towards the DX-1 + VSX-822k. I'll grab them tomorrow and update you guys my thought of it. Perhaps I'll ask the salesman to show a demo first before purchasing them.

Anyway, what's with the "8ohms av recevier can't support 4ohms speaker impedance" thingy? I really can't brain that.

Last edited:
Hi All & Rupam...

impressed with Rupam detailed preview on Wharfedale MS 100.
Recently i have started searching HT for my new home ( room size is 10X18 & tv viewing & speaker location space is 10X10)....major use is tv/movie/music/30:30:30

due to budget constrain i was sticking to 30K for initial period & listen lot many package speakers like Yamaha 196 , Yamaha 199, Yonkyo, Poineer... but not convinced with overall sound quality....
when i listened to wharfedal MS 100 & MS 70+ decided to increase the buget as it will be one time investment for long time pleasure... now i can spend 50-60K on HT...

I hv shortlised few options now
1. Wharfedale MS 100 with Denon 500 for 56K
2. Wharfedale MS 100 with Yamaha 375 for 58K
3. Wharfedale MS 70+ Denon 500 for 58K ( sounds great but slightly oversize for my tv panel)

can you pls suggest which will be better option and any other recommendations...

Thanks n Regards
GBS, mumbai

I hv shortlised few options now
1. Wharfedale MS 100 with Denon 500 for 56K
2. Wharfedale MS 100 with Yamaha 375 for 58K
3. Wharfedale MS 70+ Denon 500 for 58K ( sounds great but slightly oversize for my tv panel)

I would choose Yamaha 375 over Denon 500 because of its automatic room calibration facility. If you like the sound of Wharfedale MS 70+ then go for it, you can mount the speakers with the help of a electrician, or if you want to save some money buy Wahrfedale MS 100 which is equally good.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back